Is it worth buying FM2014?

Hi

I've been away from FM for a bit (played FM13 and couldn't get into it at all)

So i'm not really up to date with the current release, my main issue I had with 2013 was the ME and I really struggled to get myself a decent tatic - think i packed it in before all the updates were out but i seem to remember through-balls would just cut thru my defence and defenders would just stand around looking lost in my pen box

Has there been much of an improvement from FM13 as I've got a bit bored lately and wouldn't mind playing it again

also noticed on Steam that Fm14 is still £35 :eek: surely that can't be right considering the new one will be out in 3 months

Some will say it's worth it, some won't. From the issues you described, I sense you'd hate FM 14 as much as 13 unless you're prepared to invest serious time in reading through the tactics forum.

As for the price, SEGA has always been terrible with it, I think we've all got used to it. While other games get significant, 50%+ discounts over the months after the release, FM gets 20% if you're lucky.

Steam tends to be slightly more expensive than other shops normally but they have regular sales where its possible to pick up a bargain. Football manager 2014 cost me £8.75 on steam and I imagine that it'll be on sale again close to when FM 2015 gets released.

Hmm I might try out the demo, yeah I found FM12 to be one of my favourites, had a 8/9 season career just with Spurs on that one, when I made the move to 2013 it was a big shock to me with the tactics etc as I found out none of my my tactics worked quite as well (well not at all) on the new versions

it's just something for the boring sundays tho, i'll give the demo a crack

http://www.play.com/stores/ClickForGamesLtd/listing/1021144855 £9 for a digital code off play.com

Archived