Ideal player-date load

Hi,

What is the general consensus with how many players you load into your game?

The more the better, surely?

I would imagine that it all depends on your computer.

I tend to load 'Players based in Europe' and 'Players based in South America'.

That equates to something like 222,000 players. Enough, surely?

I like to add-in some Asian player database.

Your thoughts?

You should load in the appropriate number compared to the number of playable leagues you load.

If you load a lot of players with not enough playable teams to buy them it will result in lots of players not having clubs and eventually retiring. There will be lots of choice when it comes to signing players as many will be unemployed but you will struggle to sell players for the same reason - WHo is going to buy off you when they can get better for nothing?

In general this means a small database with no additional players IMO.

I have:

England - Prem-League 2

Germany - Top division

France - Top division

Holland - Top division

Spain - Top division

Italy - Top division

Belgium - Top division

Large database with all players based in Europe. Top players from divisions based in South America and Players with continental reputation based in Asia. 241,000.

By 'playable teams' what do you mean?

I have:

England - Prem-League 2

Germany - Top division

France - Top division

Holland - Top division

Spain - Top division

Italy - Top division

Belgium - Top division

Large database with all players based in Europe. Top players from divisions based in South America and Players with continental reputation based in Asia. 241,000.

By 'playable teams' what do you mean?

Playable teams = Ones that you can manage.

In your example there you have 10 playable leagues so say 200 playable teams.

If each team has 50 players in their club thats 10,000 players needed to fill the squads. Add in a few players at non-playable clubs and some spare and a database size of around 30k-50k of players would be more than enough. You've loaded 241,000 players which is far more than I would ever recommend for those leagues, its the same as each club having 1,200 players contracted to them :eek:

So yes I'm sure you have loads of choice and pick up plenty of freebies but I'll bet you'll struggle to sell players and many good players will retire every season.

Your game experience would be much better is you loaded less players and the transfer market would work better.

I find a large database works, but only with a massive amount of leagues up (50 ish from about 20 countries). Even then I am sure the player market is slightly odd. I have no problem selling players at all, however every year there are amazing players who sit on frees till they retire...

Archived