Announcing the launch of InSIder

• Administrators

With the announcement of the release month and packshot for Football Manager 2015 today, we thought you should know about our brand new loyalty scheme, InSIder.

Launched today, InSIder will bring you closer than ever to the heart of the studio behind FM. In addition to being the first to hear all the news from within Sports Interactive, InSIders will enjoy a number of benefits including exclusive offers, extra game and feature news, competitions, "Meet the Squad" interviews with members of the SI team, exclusive partner deals and lots more.

Also, as a thank you for being a loyal member of the FM community and to kick things off, we are offering InSIders a unique 10% discount code* which can be used if you pre-order Football Manager 2015 from the SEGA Store.

So what do you need to do to join?

If you are signed up to the Football Manager mailing list you should receive an email about InSider shortly. If you don't receive this then you are not currently a member. If you want to join and get access to the benefits, head to www.footballmanager.com, where you’ll find all the details.

Once you’ve signed up, your first InSIder offer (10% discount code) will be emailed to you separately within 48-hours. If you’ve signed up and don’t think you’ve received your code, please contact help@sega.co.uk with details.

What's more, if you pre-order Football Manager 2015, you'll enjoy early access to a fully-playable Beta** version of the game, available roughly two weeks prior to the official release date. Careers started in this Beta version will continue in the full game, so it really is like getting your hands on the game two weeks early.

This year, we’ll be releasing information on new features for Football Manager 2015 in early October, including some exclusives to InSIders first.

*Discount offer only available until 11pm (BST) on Monday 1st September

**Please note, the "Beta" is a work in progress version of the game. Whilst careers started in the Beta will work with the final version, some issues may occur.

Note: not open to entry to people residing in Germany.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators
Still waiting for the mail...

Always worth checking any junk folders to make sure it didn't end up there in mistake. Were you on the mailing list previously or did you sign up after seeing this?

Erm, what is it that makes this a loyalty scheme? If I don't sign up, have my inbox spared the interviews with your sandwich man and temp receptionist yet pay full whack on official release, am I less of a customer?

• Administrators
Erm, what is it that makes this a loyalty scheme? If I don't sign up, have my inbox spared the interviews with your sandwich man and temp receptionist yet pay full whack on official release, am I less of a customer?

As we've said:

InSIders will enjoy a number of benefits including exclusive offers, extra game and feature news, competitions, "Meet the Squad" interviews with members of the SI team, exclusive partner deals and lots more.

If you choose not to get involved, that certainly doesn't make you 'less of a customer' as you've put it, but you won't have access to the same offers. It's as simple as that really.

I love all the updates the closer we get to release date, but don't necessarily agree that a limitation on this for the none sign-ups is ideal. Presumably it allows you to target your customer base more directly and that's cool, I just don't like the carrot of exclusive interviews being dangled as way of showing me extra stuff up for purchase. I'm here, on your forums, talking about your game. You can count of my £25 come the release.

I love all the updates the closer we get to release date, but don't necessarily agree that a limitation on this for the none sign-ups is ideal. Presumably it allows you to target your customer base more directly and that's cool, I just don't like the carrot of exclusive interviews being dangled as way of showing me extra stuff up for purchase. I'm here, on your forums, talking about your game. You can count of my £25 come the release.

I don't even know why I'm complaining... such is the beasties we become on line. And I just know I'm gonna sign up anyways!

Pah to all those have, and will complain about this novel idea. Remember, no one is forcing you to sign up.

Actually ....

"So what do you need to do to become an SI Insider? That’s the best part...you don't have to do anything at all. As an existing member of the Football Manager community, you’re already an Insider!*

:p

You do have the option to ...

* If you'd prefer not to be an SI Insider, all you have to do is click the 'Unsubscribe' link at the bottom of this email.

:D

Come on SEGA you have to do better.

Digital stores such as Greenmangaming and Gamefly always offer at least 20% off .... must do better.

As always it will be nice to hear what has been added to FM15.

You know you can always decide to purchase from those places instead, consumer choice and all that.

Indeed and now others may also know of this 'consumer choice'. ;)

It's never been a hidden thing, there's a thread that pops up on here every year with all the places you can buy it from and how much they are doing discounts for, usually curated by Ackter.

Some will still choose to buy from SEGA, Steam or whatever for their own reasons.

You may well be surprised just how many people are unaware of better prices from other digital retailers, every year there are people posting to thank others (Ackter included) for showing them other cheaper alternatives.

I have simply added that here also.

You may well be surprised just how many people are unaware of better prices from other digital retailers, every year there are people posting to thank others (Ackter included) for showing them other cheaper alternatives.

I have simply added that here also.

Not really surprised, its why that thread exists. To let people know. It's not a forbidden thing to tell people where they can get the best value :D

I have a question... Is access to pre-release Beta conditioned through buying on Sega Store with the code, or will it also be the same as last year - I pre-ordered on Steam and was also given access to the beta version?

Wouldn't it be an idea (if we're looking at loyalty) to have a feature that looks at previous FM games you've owned & reward you based on that?

Sort of what Fifa does?

Anyway, eagerly looking forward to FM15 :thup:

Wouldn't it be an idea (if we're looking at loyalty) to have a feature that looks at previous FM games you've owned & reward you based on that?

Sort of what Fifa does?

Anyway, eagerly looking forward to FM15 :thup:

How will they know what previous FMs you've owned if you bought most of them the old-fashioned way (from a supermarket or games shop)?

I have a question... Is access to pre-release Beta conditioned through buying on Sega Store with the code, or will it also be the same as last year - I pre-ordered on Steam and was also given access to the beta version?

Yes I'd like to know the answer to this one too!

From the Steam store...

"Pre-order Football Manager 2015 now to enjoy access to a fully-playable ‘Beta’ version of the game roughly two weeks prior to the official release date."

From GmG store....

"Pre-purchase Football Manager 2015 now to enjoy access to a fully-playable ‘Beta’ version of the game roughly two weeks prior to the official release date"

From Getgames store ...

"Pre-order Football Manager 2015 now to enjoy access to a fully-playable 'Beta' version of the game roughly two weeks prior to the official release date."

Etc, etc..

You get a Steam code from every online store that activates on Steam and if you pre-order from any legit store you will get into the beta.

How will they know what previous FMs you've owned if you bought most of them the old-fashioned way (from a supermarket or games shop)?

Do it the Paradox way, allow the users to register their game keys to their forum user.

It's $35.09 using the Sega discount code now, 10% discount from $38.99. Getgames, while giving 20% discount, is from RRP of $49.99 and therefore is still more expensive at $39.99. I'm in Indonesia though, so it might be different for those in other locations?

That's listed as a special verison for Phillipines, Indonesia, Singapore & Malaysia.

So the US store works out to $53 NZD, UK store to $63 NZD, I can buy it from a NZ store for $89 NZ, or an Aussie online store for $52 NZ

Archived