[FM14] The 9.1km Dream - 2nd Attempt.

kris0710

Stumbled across a previous career thread from FM12 earlier today. One where i dreamt big but failed to see it through. Two years down the line i think i am ready to take it on again.

Rb4outz.png

9.1km separates the 6,000 capacity Alfredo di Stéfano Stadium to the 80,354 capacity Santiago Bernabéu. The single aim is to take myself from the role as manager of Liga Adelante side Castilla to the hot seat at Real Madrid. With eight other European leagues loaded i fully expect to be hopping around the continent before trigger happy Florentino Pérez comes knocking on my door.

5wTb1EH.png

With no chance of promotion from the league i cannot see myself staying too long at Castilla but hopefully a decent season or two will bring in tempting offers.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IHPYGnc.png

Castilla

Liga Adelante

July 2013

Pre Season

Board Expectations

Liga Adelante - Be competitive

My Expectations

Liga Adelante - Top 10 finish

Transfers

Managing the 'B' side has led to a quiet summer - no transfers in while back up left back Jorge Casado has left in a loan deal to Hércules. Any hopes for Ancelotti to add massively to Real Madrid seem to have disappeared, not one player has been added to their ranks yet.

Finances

Balance - -£19,053

Wage Budget - £65,345

Wage Spend - £64,950

Results

4nefq8e.png

Couldn't have asked for more from our summer friendlies. Started off in slow fashion before building up our confidence in front of goal.

IHPYGnc.png

Castilla

Liga Adelante

August 2013

kinRxG7.png

A good start to the season but plenty of work still to be done. Got off to a flyer at home to Sporting, two goals up inside 16 minutes. That joy was taken away with goals in the last minute of the first half and first minute of the second half levelled the match. A draw looked likely until an inswinging corner in the final few minutes saw Sporting keeper Iván Cuéllar fumble into his own net. We again were fast out of the blocks at home to Alcorcón with Willian José heading in. We went into the break behind before second striker Pablo Teixeira pounced on a defensive blunder. Once again the draw looked likely until sub Raúl De Tomás skipped fast two defenders and fired across the keeper.

m0OjrCh.png

IHPYGnc.png

Castilla

Liga Adelante

September 2013

QGBZo8D.png

A tough month that ends brilliantly. Things got off to a terrible start with a defeat at Hércules in a match which we just didn't get going. Second best across the park i was somewhat relieved we only lost by two. Next came a thrilling second half at home to Mirandés. With the game 0-0 at the break no one could predict a six goal thriller that saw the away side lead on three occasions before a late goal from returning left wing back Noblejas rescued us a point. Successive 1-1 draws followed with us undeserving of the point at Barca 'B' then the tables turned in a dominant display at home to Zaragoza saw us denied mid way through the second half from the penalty spot. The month came to a stunning end with a 4-1 win at Tenerife that saw young striker Raúl De Tomás score a hattrick.

W9gK1Pv.png

Bit rubbish managing a club you can't get promoted with.

It is. When i did this in FM12 they were in one of the 'B' divisions so managed to win the B1 title in the first season and then were runners up in Liga Adelante the second season before i moved on. This time round i hope to do enough in one or two seasons to warrant a job elsewhere then the long road to Real Madrid begins in earnest.

Can you get to play your 'A' team (Real Madrid) in the cups? Would be fun to win the cup and get European football :D

Nope :(. We don't even enter the cup competition. It is fast becoming obvious why i won't hang around long!

I believe there actually was an all Real Madrid cup final in 1980. Clearly changed the rules since then unfortunately.

I think, remembering back to this being questioned when i did this two years ago, that the rules changed for the 1990/91 season with all Reserve/ B teams banned.

IHPYGnc.png

Castilla

Liga Adelante

October and November 2013

h0pvLLc.png

A good month for us started well with two good wins then we came from 2-0 down to share the points with Mallorca and again came from behind to draw the final game of the month.

Ds0cyiV.png

The opposite to last month and the win's have tried up. Deportivo ran riot, we just couldn't handle their diamond shaped midfield from start to finish. Alaves battered us in the first half and deservedly led, looking very comfortable. One shot, one on target, one goal got us level then 30 minutes more of strong defending saw us get an undeserved point. Fought from 2-0 down to Eibar before the home side snatched a late winner from the penalty spot. End November with a draw against Numancia in our best showing of the month.

b0p0YuY.png

IHPYGnc.png

Castilla

Liga Adelante

December and January 2013/14

LNifZqr.png

An improvement for sure but i am concerned with the amount og goals we are conceding. Delighted to have a fully fit Borja back, his four goals and five assists in ten games are keeping us ticking over nicely.

u0jJqef.png

Once again the goals against column takes a big hit while this month i have lost four of my squad who have been loaned out to La Liga teams, including Borja. I am now remembering why managing 'B' teams isn't always fun.

4y2WU7I.png

With losing the players i have this month i have decided i will actively look for a new role at the end of the season. The board are extremely happy with me, rated as 'Untouchable' but that matters little. I wasn't here for a long time anyhow so i think 42 games will be my limit. If something comes up between now and the end of the season i will explore that too.

IHPYGnc.png

Castilla

Liga Adelante

February and March 2014

54yyBnY.png

A good month on and off the field. We picked up some good results before losing to Zaragoza while my name has been linked with two jobs in England. I have not applied for any job but it is nice to be linked. These links came after i twice rejected new contract talks with Castilla.

RGeSnyZ.png

The defeat at the end of last month was far from a one off and my small squad are starting to feel the amount of games they have played. I can sense this will be a long final ten games.

etMFC3V.png

IHPYGnc.png

Castilla

Liga Adelante

April, May and June 2014

YxLr6Og.png

The goals are really drying up now, a change of formation to fit the players we have is not working as well as it did in my head! It is very much a case of getting through until the end of the season now.

mmEVtJh.png

Managed to be more compact this month on the whole. The 3-1 defeat to Jaen is the stand out result but we were 1-0 up until a quickfire double red card left us with 9 men.

C3CAvfK.png

The season ends with a fantastic home win then a whimper away from home to play off side Murcia.

CLD0GQ1.png

A disappointing season in the end. The board are happy but i am far from it.

er2fBUk.png

This became a necessity. I have been interviewed for a really good job and didn't want to risk compensation being an issue. During the interview i lied my way through, telling them what they wanted to hear, fingers crossed it worked.

Actually think that was a decent season as there are some good clubs in that league. Good luck in your next post. :thup:

More disappointed with my attitude towards the last couple of months. Knew i was leaving so just clicked and continued really. Excited by the new challenge now though.

Probably good idea to leave. I'd find it hard with all the restrictions of being a B team manager.

It has been harder than last time. At least then i had the challenge of getting out of the B divisions. Fallen on my feet with the new job though. :thup:

xgyGsNM.png

Hamilton Academicals

zCQEFlp.png

A decent enough offer for my liking just 24 hours after my resignation. The original budgets were £400k transfer and £25k on wages. Told them i would be happy to work with lower on both counts. Playing direct and defensive should be fine, the tactic i plan here is very much a countering one so that ticks the boxes enough.

ZR8tFZP.png

4LlzQ1C.png

The Scottish Premiership for me next year, replacing the relegated Hearts. :thup:

xgyGsNM.png

Hamilton Academicals

Pre Season 2014/15

Board Expectations

Scottish Premiership: Stay clear of relegation

William Hill Scottish Cup: Fifth Round

Scottish Communities League Cup: Third Round

My Expectations

Scottish Premiership: Stay up

William Hill Scottish Cup: Fourth Round

Scottish Communities League Cup: Fourth Round

Transfers Out

HtSS7aq.png

Before my arrival 12 players were let go, including player/manager Alex Neil. Since i came in six players have been released, youngster Scott McMann has joined League Two side Stranraer, 16 year old Mark McClusky joined Championship side Middlesbrough for £60k and we are entitled to 30% of any profit. Finally last seasons top scorer Jason Scotland has been sold. Didn't want to lose him but after rejecting one bid he became unhappy so i decided to take £60k for the 35 year old.

Transfers In

AHLw9zO.png

When coming into the club there was a lack of defenders hence why six of the nine signings are for that position. A defensive midfielder has arrived along with two forwards following the Scotland sale.

Sam Hird - The 26 year old comes in from League Two Chesterfield. It is a step up for the centre back but i expect him to play a back up role anyhow.

Ryan Edwards - Another centre back has joined, from Blackburn. According to coaches and scouts he has the potential to become a Scottish Premiership star.

Alex Brister - Full back let go by Fulham was signed purely as a back up to regular right back Gordon.

Darren Holden - A star performer for League Two Hartlepool, Holden is another with a big future according to my backroom staff. Two goals in pre season is a good start for the left back.

Abdul Osman - League One Crewe have lost a good defensive midfielder who i need to be the link in the centre of the park.

Reece James - Former Manchester United youngster will play back up to Darren Holden. A decent pre season behind him is exactly what we needed.

Danny Livesey - More of a panic buy to be honest but he has started pre season well. Loaned to Skrill Premier side Wrexham from Carlisle he excelled.

Matt Smith - Following the loss of Scotland i have splashed the cash to bring in a big front guy. Only managed 45 minutes during pre season but did score in that time. Played just three times for Leeds last season.

Liam McAlinden - Youngster from Wolves comes in on loan for the season. One goal and three assists in two games is a good start.

Results

xKJW8CX.png

Six good games, two really really bad games. Not sure where we are at the moment but with St Johnstone away then a trip to League Two Queen's Park in the cup we have to find the answer quick as it is Celtic at home after that.

• 1 month later...

xgyGsNM.png

Hamilton Academicals

Season 2014/15

wvuVoOB.png

We managed to survive on the final day of the season, a 2-2 draw at Partick Thistle coupled with Motherwell losing to Ross County preserved our Premier League status. After an average start to the season we went on a run of just 3 points from 14 games and as January rolled around 10 players were released and Matt Smith was shipped out on loan to Reading. The idea was to bring in experience and that is exactly what happened with free agents David Dunn, Alan Smith, Jonathan Woodgate, Eidur Gudjohnsen and Alexey Eremenko coming in along with a few loanees. Immediately that worked with three wins from four, just a defeat to Celtic. The remainder of the season saw ourselves, Motherwell and Partick swap positions all looking to stay up.

Going into the summer i almost quit with my budget being slashed by 45% and with four deals already agreed for new players that took us well over budget. All of the experienced heads apart from Gudjohnsen were released along with six other players and Matt Smith made his move permanent to Reading. It left me with just 13 first team players and in a mess. Two loanees joined at the end of August and after losing the opening two games without scoring we won four of the next six and also saw off League One east Fife and Premiership leaders Dundee United in the League Cup. During the summer League One Charlton offered me an interview and i went along not interested in the role until they offered a £3.5m transfer budget and £250k pw in wages. I was beaten to the job by Mike Phelan and set my mind on staying until the start of October when League One side Leicester became available. I applied and got an interview that saw them offer £7.5m in transfer budget and £300k pw in wage budget. Delighted i was offered the role and away i went.

m56V8NR.png

NrEEEtB.png

5EMqrUp.png

Money galore. What i didn't know was how much this would be needed.

9GXAXzA.png

DCiKTYE.png

In a decent position and host Tranmere in my opening game.

The squad i have inherited is terrible. I mean really bad. There is just 9 first team players and i have had to bring nine players from the reserves who are 20 or under. The club already has four loanees so there isn't much room to improve as i want until January. Five staff have left as i start to rebuild the club that finished 23rd in the Championship last season.

That's an insane budget! And unsustainable if you don't go all the way up to the Premier League soon.

So far i have filled the squad with free agents, come January i am looking to bring in three players and then maybe four in the summer. With a bit of luck i won't have to dip too much into those budgets. It is nice to have a bit of freedom though!

NrEEEtB.png

Leicester City - Sky Bet League One - October 2015

hg9MC9j.png

Unbelievable start to life in England and i feel we have picked up about ten points more than i dared imagine. Got off to a flyer on the day i was appointed by seeing off Tranmere, twice leading by two goals. In the 18 man squad for the Tranmere game featured nine players that come the end of October i am trying to get out of the club. A second league win came at Bradford with goals late in each half from centre back Beevers and forward Simpson. We travelled to 3rd placed Cheltenham and fell behind just after half time before an inspired change turned the game in quick fashion. Davide Petrucci came off the bench in the 58th minute for his debut and 8 minutes later he had won and scored two penalties to give us a third win. A lacklustre performance followed at home to Colchester who were just in the Play Off's at the time but a single goal from Mahrez and a Man of the Match show from Kasper Schmeichel did the job for us. Our final win of October was at home to Doncaster that saw right back Jack, mahrez again and Lee Tomlin score after we had fell behind. MK Dons came to town next and destroyed us. Simple as that really. A goal from a corner, a wonder strike from 30 yards and then a penalty saw us 3 down inside 33 minutes.

GmoDxmG.png

A brilliant climb up the table and there is no hiding now, the title has to be the aim.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy Southern Section 2nd Round

M1SW2e3.png

The win at league rivals Plymouth came in my second game in charge. Two goals in each half saw us ease through where we will face League Two Gillingham away from home. Funnily enough we also drew Gillingham away in the FA Cup so that is two trips in just 3 days.

Award

dAIzmex.png

Not really a surprise given that strong month.

Transfers

XtetMqW.png

A quick run down of the new guys, many of those names familiar throughout English football.

NrEEEtB.png

Leicester City - Sky Bet League One - November 2015

ASpVV5L.png

A great end to November that was needed following successive defeats. The loss at Fleetwood was just as bad as the defeat last month to MK Don's and sub Simpson scoring late on gave the score a respectable look it didn't deserve. That loss meant a slight tactic tweak with Lee Tomlin and loanee Sullay KaiKai given more freedom in attacking positions and it paid off big style. KaiKai struck four goals and an assist against Plymouth with Tomlin helping himself to four assists. A key player was also midfielder McCann who scored a cracker and attempted a whopping 150 passes in the game. The roles reversed for KaiKai and Tomlin with the latter scoring both against Oldham, KaiKai setting him up on both occasions.

sbmvOGn.png

Looking strong going into December, seven wins from my nine league games is a fantastic return.

FA Cup 1st Round

n5jFX55.png

Our first trip to Gillingham in three days saw us make the 2nd Round despite playing 56 minutes with ten men. A trip to another League Two side awaits, Wycombe.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy Southern Section Quarter Final

DdSptg0.png

Three goals to the good inside 28 minutes the tie looked over but Gillingham fought back well to get the score at 3-2. We were never in danger following the second goal as the home side failed to create anything after that.

NrEEEtB.png

Leicester City - Sky Bet League One - December 2015

3dhhToD.png

An average month by our standards that started in the worst possible way. Burton looked far from relegation candidates creating plenty of good chances and being clinical on the day. We put in another poor showing at Charlton but took the lead on the counter that ended with centre back Blackett nodding in at the far post. Very quickly Charlton levelled then eight minutes from time Matty James was sent off. Blackett's afternoon took a turn for a worse with three minutes left when he conceded a penalty that gave the home side the win. A much better all round performance against Crewe saw us take the points with goals from attacking midfielder Mahrez and Liverpool loanee KaiKai. Shrewsbury came out of the blocks quickly and scored inside 90 seconds, we levelled in the second half before the home side restored the lead. Lee Tomlin raced through the defence and slid home an 89th minute goal to share the points. A big trip to Bristol City saw us go defensive in the hope of hitting them on the counter. It worked to perfection with the full backs pushing on after the break assisting goals for Jones and Mahrez before City pulled one back.

XCWNjPf.png

FA Cup 2nd Round

H4FL8Bo.png

Two early strikes from Mahrez settled this tie and in the 3rd Round we face Premier League side Tottenham at home.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy Southern Section Semi Final

Rvd7dYt.png

Very disappointed to be out of this competition. In a poor game for both sides Cheltenham won it with six minutes left.

NrEEEtB.png

Leicester City - Sky Bet League One - January 2016

0dsGqNb.png

Not the worst start to a new year as we picked up 11 points from our 6 games. Things started perfectly with Tomlin and Kaikai seeing off Preston before we drew at Leyton Orient in a game of two halves. Both sides had a good 45 and a very poor one. We came within ten minutes of beating Walsall in a game that saw four debutants for us. We hosted Wigan and were never really in the game. Fell behind very early before centre back Jones levelled from a corner. Grant Holt struck twice early in the second to seal the points but we pulled another back late on with Sulley Kaikai on target. We needed to turn our form around and in the next two game we did just that thanks mainly to new loan striker Fernando Torres. He scored three and assisted another as the month came to a close.

Qh1EvLK.png

Well placed for a top two finish which has to be the aim.

FA Cup 3rd Round

bCGoxcj.png

Lost to a singular second half header as we ran the PL side close.

Transfers

NHjmOEa.png

A busier month than expected mainly due to other clubs coming in for two of my summer targets.

Jaison McGrath - Signed from former club Hamilton after impressing me during my time in Scotland.

Danny Wilson - Was hoping to hold out until the summer on this deal but interest from Birmingham forced my hand. Has featured just seven times for Forest after moving from Hearts so this is a chance for him to rebuild his career.

Callum McGregor - The 22 year old only joined Wigan in the summer but has made a decent start. 4 goals and 10 assists in his 21 League One games was the reason for me to force this through. Has also scored 5 and assisted 19 in 25 games for Celtic and 36 games at League One Notts County. Could be the difference between League One and Championship for us.

Fernando Torres - A stunning loan signing for this level. Chelsea want nothing in wages but we have to pay a big £250k pm for his presence. Another that surely could win us promotion single handedly.

Gary Miller - Just a single game for Crystal Palace after joining from Charlton. Another with a chance to restart his career.

Amedeo Benedetti - The second player on my summer shopping list has come in during January. Played very well for Championship strugglers Crawley so far this season will be my first choice left back.

Award

qskkR7V.png

We will miss Sulley when he goes back to Liverpool in the summer.

Record

nHnPuil.png

That pay's for Torres :thup:

NrEEEtB.png

Leicester City - Sky Bet League One - February 2016

zhTUaiY.png

The Leicester dream has turned sour, very sour. After leading against Stevenage we were pegged back with their only effort on target before defender Liam Moore headed past Schmeichel to complete the turn around. To add to that midfielder Jack went off injured and his season is over with a broken foot. Callum McGregor came on for Jack and lasted just 25 minutes before breaking his leg and ending his season. Disaster. Another poor showing saw us 2-0 down, a goal in each half before a Lee Tomlin free kick reduced the arrears. We rarely troubled the home keeper after that. At home to Carlisle things started brilliantly with a 3rd minute goal from Tomlin bit that was the highlights done for us. Three conceded by the 23rd minute we got a goal back close to half time but withing two minutes of the restart the away side finished us off. Following this game the board called me in and i told them we would beat Tranmere for i would clear my desk. That trip saw us put in the best show so far despite the tight scoreline. We fell behind from the spot but a goal in each half win the points as we had 23 shots in total. I cling onto my job for another week.

hSuEOip.png

Still in the hunt for automatic promotion despite the terrible month. I feel getting sacked would be harsh.

Doing a great job overall.

Still in the hunt for automatic promotion despite the terrible month. I feel getting sacked would be harsh.

It would be but that doesn't worry most chairman and you did sign Joey Barton.

Doing a great job overall.

It would be but that doesn't worry most chairman and you did sign Joey Barton.

It's ok. Having changed formation following Torres and McGregor signing, Joey Barton only gets on the bench if i have injuries. He only has a contract until the summer and will be off, as will most of the quickfire October signings. Only Tomlin, de Zeeuw and Robinson are likely to stay whilst i have a dilemma about Sutherland.

NrEEEtB.png

Leicester City - Sky Bet League One - March 2016

reOMK6J.png

A brilliant month by recent standards has got the board off my back and our promotion bid back on track. Successive 1-0 wins were both deserved as we ran the show for the most part just lacking a bit of composure in front of goal. We had to come from behind to beat Cheltenham with goals inside the last ten minutes from centre back Wilson and sub Jay Simpson who went off injured, another broken foot and he becomes the third player out for the season. Twice we led at Colchester but two goalkeeper blunders cost us dear. Days before that game Kasper Schmeichel agreed a free transfer to Qatari side Lekhwiya Sports Club so former Middlesbrough keeper Jason Steele was recruited as his replacement. Steele's debut didn't go to plan as we dropped a 2-0 lead to share the points despite Burton only having a single shot on target. The other was an on goal from Demy de Zeeuw. A great game for the neutral against Fleetwood saw both sides come from behind at some point and McGrath scoring his first since his January move. We travelled to 2nd place MK Dons on the final game of the month and destroyed them, from the start to finish. Both centre backs on target before a Torres and Tomlin show helped our goal difference no end.

iehrprB.png

Not in our hands but we are in a great position with five to play.

NrEEEtB.png

Leicester City - Sky Bet League One - April 2016

YwDJYSc.png

Our home form has been great but it's the away form that has cost us dear. Three goals up to Plymouth the away side got two back before left back Benedetti sealed the much needed points. No sooner had we destroyed MK Dons we were given a pasting by Oldham whose second half show was a delight to watch. Play Off rivals Charlton were seen off, Matty James returning from injury to score twice then the real blow at Crewe with a 1-0 defeat. It meant we went into the final day needing MK Dons to lose, Wigan and Preston not to win. We did our part by seeing off a poor Shrewsbury but whilst that was happening Preston fell behind to Burton but ran out 3-1 winners. Wigan won 2-0 at Bradford but the drama came with MK Dons scoring a 91st minute winner over Bristol City to seal 2nd place and a place in the Championship.

fAMRfyW.png

A tough draw with Preston over two legs. Results this season have seen the home side win 2-0 both times although i wasn't in charge for the Preston victory.

NrEEEtB.png

Leicester City - Sky Bet League One Play Off Semi Final - May 2016

KSl8GLf.png

Wow, what a 1st leg that was and surely Wembley is booked already. A really good display saw Torres opening the scoring then a header from Wilson right in half time doubled the lead. Preston's on loan striker Cauley Woodrow then headed in an own goal before a fourth in stoppage time from Kaikai sealed the victory. I do feel for Woodrow, he has scored 35 times for Preston this year.

7gv0LJC.png

A brace from Kaikai sealed out day at Wembley and much to my surprise we are still fighting strong to a place in the Championship. Wigan await.

NrEEEtB.png

Leicester City - Sky Bet League One Play Off Final - May 2016

NwjlCBX.png

What a way for Fernando Torres to sign off and all that money spent on his loan fee was worthwhile. Twice in front, the second a brilliant chip from the edge of the box looked to send us up but David Murphy couldn't be stopped. The tie went all the way to penalties and subs McGrath, De Zeeuw and Sutherland all scoring along with Torres and Tomlin.

Frankie Sutherland - Signed back in October he has struggled to get near the first team but the injuries to Simpson, Jack and McGregor has put him on the bench of late. He came on in the 120th minute of the Final as a specialist penalty taker and his only kick of the entire Final was to score the winning penalty. Every footballers dream, no?

DiFz2k5.png

2x06pLZ.png

Well deserved. He has been our best player from his debut and a return of 17 goals and 19 assists in 43 games is not a bad return for an attacking midfielder.

a7djptM.png

Tomlin is joined by Liverpool loanee Kaikai in the Team of the Year. 27 goals and 22 assists from 52 games is as good as it gets from a loanee.

NrEEEtB.png

Leicester City - Season Review - 2015/16

Sky Bet League One -Joined the club in 13th place after 10 games and we went on to achieve 5th place, just three points off the second promotion spot. Winning the Play Off's is the highlight of my three season career.

FA Cup - Made it through to the 3rd Round before losing out to PL side Spurs creating a new gate receipts record for the club.

Capital One Cup - The club were out before i joined, losing to PL side Reading on penalties in the 2nd round.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - Disappointed to lose at home in the Southern Section Semi Final, had high hopes of winning this.

Finances - £15.8m in the bank, £1.4m transfer budget and £100k pw left of my £338k pw wage budget.

Squad - The loanees Torres and Kaikai will leave and are unlikely to return. Liverpool lads Jones and McLaughlin have both agreed full time deals along with Fulham striker Cauley Woodrow. Keepers Schmeichel and Ingram have agreed deals away from the club along with winger Mahrez. Beevers, Partington, de Zeeuw and Upson are currently in talks with other clubs and that leaves Joey Barton the only player with nothing sorted.

Player of the Season - For me it was Lee Tomlin. One of my first buys he excelled in each position he played and kept us ticking over during bad spells. The goals of Kaikai and the impact of Fernando Torres cannot be ignored either.

Career History

| Year    | Club                | Country  | Division      | Pos  | Other                                                         |
===================================================================================================================================
| 2013/14 | Castilla            | Spain    | Liga Adelante | 15th | Left at the end of the season after an approach from Hamilton |
| 2014/15 | Hamilton Academical | Scotland | Premiership   | 10th |                                                               |
| 2015/16 | Hamilton Academical | Scotland | Premiership   | ---- | Left in october to take charge at Leicester                   |
| 2015/16 | Leicester City      | England  | League One    |  5th | Joined when 13th in Oct, finished 5th and won Play Off's      |

Former Clubs

| 2014/15 | Castilla | Liga Adelante | 15th | Same finish as my season, three points worse off |
| 2015/16 | Castilla | Liga Adelante | 21st | Relegated with just 36 points                    |

| 2015/16 | Hamilton Academical | Premiership | 8th | Great season under Eddie May, 12 points clear of 11th placed Aberdeen |

NrEEEtB.png

Leicester City - Season Preview - 2016/17

Board Expectations

Sky Bet Championship - Respectable finish

FA Cup - 4th Round

Capital One Cup - 3rd Round

My Expectations

Sky Championship - Mid table finish

FA Cup - 5th Round

Capital One Cup - 4th Round

Summer Transfers In

JaoJdFa.png

A busy summer has seen some familiar faces return along with a couple of stand out names.

Lloyd Jones - Joins permanently from Liverpool after a strong loan spell here last season.

Cauley Woodrow - After a 36 goal season for League One Preston last year this signing is a no brainer.

Ryan McLaughlin - Another ex Liverpool loanee has joined on a full time basis.

Sullay Kaikai - Last seasons top marksman is back again on loan for the season.

Jarlan Tovar - Left MLS side FC Dallas and was quickly snapped up. Yet to play for us due to International Duty.

Xabi Alonso - Experience needed in the middle of the park and this man provides it.

Alejandro Faurlin - A key man for QPR in the past two seasons should provide plenty of competition in midfield.

Kane Ferdinand - Had a good Championship season with Peterborough last time out and i will be looking for the same.

Summer Transfers Out

pbnRLlv.png

Pre Season Results

4gyitSi.png

Well done on the promotion, £600k has must surely be a bargain after the season he had, let's hope he can now do it at a higher level.

Certainly have high hopes for Woodrow. He has scored goals at Ross County, Hearts and Preston so hopefully the Championship won't be too much of a push. The fee was unreal, £600k considering Liverpool quoted me £14m for Kaikai!

NrEEEtB.png

Leicester City - Sky Bet Championship - August - 2016/17

6D77dEt.png

A terrible start to life in the Championship we have turned things around. Hosting West Ham was hardly ideal given they came down from the Premier League last season but we pushed them all the way, the winning goal from Andy Carroll coming from a blunder from keeper Steele and centre back Moore. We went to then bottom club Nott'm Forest who blew us away with four goals in the first half. Lee Tomlin pulled one back but a revival was never on the cards. The tide turned quickly as a treble from Sullay Kaikai and defenders Moore and McLaughlin scoring once beat a poor QPR side who ended with ten men following a late Jamie Mackie lunge. Sullay Kaikai was again the hero as Barnsley were beaten 1-0 and Callum McGregor career at the club has really started now with his brace against Sunderland along with Kaikai yet again. 5 assists and 2 goals from McGregor in 5 league games along with Kaikai's 5 goals in 3 games have given us a base to kick on.

YT6bwmw.png

Capital One Cup 1st and 2nd Rounds

O3u8MPN.png

Beat League Two Chesterfield in a great that saw them come from behind twice before we snatched the win. Made 8 changes to the side for that tie and going to Premier League Blackburn in the 2nd round i followed suit with wholesale changes. We were swept aside at Ewood Park with two goals in each half.

Archived