Purchasing loaned Players.

How can you find out a Players eligibility before he joins you?currently only whether he will get Work permit or not shows.

There are a few players I would like too buy that are currently on loan until the 30th June at other Club's in the same league,the Scout does not explain if I buy him does he join me before his loan ends and if he does can he Play for me this Season.

Eg I'm Brighton and need a Striker Man United's Freddie Macheda fits the bill perfectly but he's an loan at Brum in the same Division until June.I can buy him now for a £100,000 ish will he join me in the Jan window or after his Loan deal end's?If it's January can he play?If he stays at Brum till June it's a waste of £100,000 as he'll be a Free Agent then anyway.

Does FM take the 3 Club max in a Calendar year into account?

It does take the 3 club rule into account, but I don't think loans count towards that anymore.

If you buy a player on loan at another club, he won't be yours until after that loan finishes however. So if he's at Birmingham until June you won't get him until July, even if you buy him before or during the previous January transfer window.

Archived