Brit to 'Merican Translation?

I always look at my assistant's team talk advice to see what he suggests. I don't always follow it, but I at least look. There is one particular suggestion that's made that I really have no clue what is being advised and that's when the assistant suggests that I tell the team to push on. Here's a screen shot of it and the choices that I have for the team talk.

9IxIwAL.png

Whichever one I choose never seems to make much difference in the game, but I'd still like to know what is actually being advised. There obviously isn't a team talk option that says, "Push on, lads." So can anyone translate the Queen's English to 'Merican?

Thanks. I guess that's the thing, I didn't know if I agreed with him as I didn't know what he meant. The advice is literally nonsensical, at least in my part of the States. It might as well read "We are the favorites here so we should encourage the team to drink tea." There are just lots of places in the game where SI haven't changed from UK English in the American English version of the game. It's usually easy to figure out what is meant, but that one was baffling.

I'd go with the second option as well in that context.

If there are things that exist UK English which don't make much sense in 'murican, it's probably worth raising them in the US Translation thread:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363550-English-(US)-Issues-in-the-English-(US)-Translation

Thanks, I didn't know that thread existed. I'll post more info there.

I'm American, and I find the quaint differences in language entertaining. In fact, as a result of FM and this forum, sometimes I find myself slipping into English-football-speak, and I always correct myself when I type "soccer", unless I'm referring to the American sport.

Archived