What team should I be?

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for one final save on FM'14, but can't find a team to be.

Here are the requirements I'm looking for:

Preferred League: Any except England/Germany/France/Spain/Portugal/Italy/Russia/Dutch/Ukraine/Turkey - Ideally in Europe too.

Financial information: Any(Not in huge debt)

Expected position: Mid-Table to Challenging Top

Training/youth facilities: Any

Other requirements: I'm looking for a country to manage in where I can be a team that can topple and over take the top team and are their big rivals(so keen on a challenge). Also looking to manage that countries NT at some point, but looking for a country that can attract some big name players, doesn't have a wage restriction(e.g wages limited to 60% of turnover) and the National Team needs some improving to challenge for big honours.

I've done Bulgaria which I've been really enjoying, but due to the wage budget limited to 60% of turnover it's stopped me signing some big named players even though I can afford the transfer fee.

Appreciate any thoughts. Don't want any top teams like: Celtic/Rangers/Austria Vienna/Red Bull Salzburg etc.

Many Thanks. :)

South european countries have some decent clubs and decent regens.

Croatia - Dinamo, Hajduk or Serbia - Red Star (Crvena zvezda), Partizan

They are not in strongest possible financial position, but they are contenders for playing in champions league. Matches between those four are always huge deal, because are derbies not only in footballing sense, but historically (balkan war). The kind of rivalry that is simply not possible in UK, Germany, Italy etc...

Here is a interesting YT documentary that includes all 4 clubs mentioned above - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXjpNbNicGg

South european countries have some decent clubs and decent regens.

Croatia - Dinamo, Hajduk or Serbia - Red Star (Crvena zvezda), Partizan

They are not in strongest possible financial position, but they are contenders for playing in champions league. Matches between those four are always huge deal, because are derbies not only in footballing sense, but historically (balkan war). The kind of rivalry that is simply not possible in UK, Germany, Italy etc...

Here is a interesting YT documentary that includes all 4 clubs mentioned above - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXjpNbNicGg

Cheers buddy, appreciate the advice. Will check them out also. :)

Maybe somewhere in Sweden (As AndySams told ya) or in Norway or Finland. Sweden has a few teams like IFK Göteborg, Kalmar FF or IFK Norrköping that I think matches your suggestions. In Finland you can play as FC Inter Turku, FC Honka or FC Lahtis.

Archived