Screenshots

Belgium_SquadPlayers_zpsd27581e1.png

Brazil_SquadPlayers_zps87fb0fe6.png

Croatia_SquadPlayers_zps37088ff0.png

France_SquadPlayers_zpsbf7931c4.png

TheUnitedStatesofAmerica_SquadPlayers_zpse774a5d3.png

Mexico_SquadPlayers_zpsc3616581.png

LionelMessi_OverviewProfile_zpsf9b48546.png

• This update makes a change to the squad/selection/match rules ingame. Each club from the nations included in this update(125) are restricted to use only players with the same nationality as theirs. Be it first or second nationality.
  • European continental cups have been redesigned, more info later on
  • All default nations have their original formats, other countries have been created as close to reality as possible.
  • In each country foreign players were released from their clubs
  • A lot of players have been assigned a new team by me in their home country. This was sometimes necessary because they would remain clubless or retire
  • Competion reputations have been tweaked

European Continental Cups

• UEFA Champions League
  • 53 champions enter
  • 2 play a first elimination round to get to 52 teams
  • Group stage with 52 teams divided in 13 4-team groups
  • 32 teams go on to first knockout round
  • 16 teams go on to second knockout round
  • Quarter Finals
  • Semi Finals
  • Finals
  • UEFA Cup Winner's Cup
  • 54 Cup winners enter
  • 4 play a first elimination round to get to 52 teams
  • Quarter Finals
  • Semi Finals
  • Finals
  • UEFA Europa League
  • 106 numbers 2 and 3 enter
  • Quarter Finals
  • Semi Finals
  • Finals
  • UEFA Intertoto Cup
  • 106 numbers 4 and 5 enter
  • Quarter Finals
  • Semi Finals
  • Finals
  • Other remarks
  • All rounds, including the finals, are two-legged encounters.
  • Each country has 6 participants in total
  • No coefficient or other systems to rank countries

• Other continental or international cups have not been changed

How to use this?

• First of all: PLEASE DO NOT USE MORE THAN 120 files included in this download. Otherwise the game will crash after a while.
  • Extract the download in your "editor data" folder
  • Ingame: start a new carreer
  • Select the files from this update, again: no more than 120! Al my files start with "NF_..."
  • Choose the nations you wish to play in, if you later on in your game delete or add new competitions they will use the no foreigner files. So no need to select all countries. The files have to be selected in the first step though.
  • Enjoy your game

Feedback is much appreciated offcourse :)

***Contributors***

These update contains files by claassen and tobcoach. Credit for those files goes fully to them and I thank them for letting me use the files.

***Disclaimer***

This is not some xenophobic update. It's merely because I find this more enjoyable to play with players that have the same nationality as the club they play for and to be able to keep a nation's best players in their own country and not seeing them al join one of the bigger competitions.

How do I download this?

Do I just click on the link and let the computer do it's stuff?

When you say "extract the download in your data editor folder", do you mean you do this after you have loaded Football Manager

2014, or do you mean in Windows?

Thanks

Just tried downloading it. However I keep being directed into "fileopenerpro" website rather than it downloading the file.

Why's it doing this? I just want to download the file,, not to have various bumf get downloaded onto my computer

Thanks very much. I have downloaded the file into the editor data folder.

It gets saved as a .rar file?

I am sorry about this but I am a real amateur when it comes to downloading.

How do I extract the file using WinRAR?

Thanks again

Brilliant idea. Is the Welsh league included in this? Would be very interested to see what happens there, given the national side is of much higher quality than the league

It is, but i wouldn't expect too many changes over there. Since I wanted Cardiff and Swansea to be able to play with Welsh players, all English teams can play with them. No way around it, that I know of at least. Another option was to move both clubs to Welsh league, but did not consider that one for real.

It is, but i wouldn't expect too many changes over there. Since I wanted Cardiff and Swansea to be able to play with Welsh players, all English teams can play with them. No way around it, that I know of at least. Another option was to move both clubs to Welsh league, but did not consider that one for real.

Ah, right okay. If I was to edit the files myself, would this take much work? I assume That Wales, England etc are all still part of Britain, so technically they're not foreign to each other. I'm guessing that all British teams can sign British players then?

Ah, right okay. If I was to edit the files myself, would this take much work? I assume That Wales, England etc are all still part of Britain, so technically they're not foreign to each other. I'm guessing that all British teams can sign British players then?

Nope, i changed that. So only England sees Wales as non-foreign.

But if you would change that ( it's in the nation record if your looking to change it), you delete Wales from the list.

Then you move cardiff and swansea to welsh league. I'd recommend to change that in both the england and wales file. And also change the country of Cardiff/Swansea as it's set to England.

Also, see to it, all leagues have the correct number of teams present ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Excellent work. Especially love the rejigged European competition formats. However I tried it last night and the game crashed about a week in. (Followed your advice and loaded <120 files.) Gutted.

Think it said something along the lines of "Runtime error! This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way."

I blame Eric Cantona personally, had just offered him a contract as Director of Football right before it happened.

I am running it with around 120 files used, and now in my third season without any problems.

Runtime errors are often related with your system i think. How 'good' is your computer? Altough my desktop is far from high-end, 6 years old, with some updates, but processor is 5-6 years old. I'm maxing that cpu :D

Thanks Don, running FM on a 3-4 yr old machine, fairly decent spec. Never had a crash of any sort in over 200 hours of FM14. Just tried reloading with a lot fewer files but the same thing happened unfortunately, at roughly the same point. Shame as I was looking forward to this.

It always crashes on July 10th. FYI I've selected the main European leagues as playable each time (top 4 English divisions + German, Spanish, French, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese & Belgian first divisions). After about a dozen failed attempts using different combinations of files- including not loading the Dutch & Belgian files- I finally avoided a crash by only loading up the English divisions as playable and not the others. So its possible that the problem arises when selecting one of the European leagues as playable? I'll experiment a bit more tonight and see what happens.

If I win the league and the cup do I go in both The Champions League and the UEFA Cup Winners Cup? Seems like it would be too many games for the schedule.

You will enter only in the Champions League, CWC place will be for losing finalist or second in competition.

Don Biglia, do you have any idea why this is?

Not really, is it something that could be in there hardcoded?

Also, I used this file from tobcoach( is on here and managers united, maybe you know that forum too), and only adjusted no foreigner rules. Maybe it's his setting.

Not really, is it something that could be in there hardcoded?

Also, I used this file from tobcoach( is on here and managers united, maybe you know that forum too), and only adjusted no foreigner rules. Maybe it's his setting.

Checked it in the file and I don't see anything that could enforce it.

Hey Don_Biglia, can You add to Poland a 2nd division and non playable 3rd level (or if You can even playable 3rd and non playable 4) ? I was trying to do it by myself but unfortunatly i cannot handle that advanced editor...

I dont know why when i activate 2nd division and add non playable 3rd division in game ive got non playable 2nd division and activated 3rd division :confused:

Or mayby someone else can do that ?

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 8 months later...