What do you think about this match?

What do you think about this match?

Aston_Villa_v_West_Brom_Overview_Overview.png

Aston_Villa_v_West_Brom_Stats_Match_Stats.png

What do you think about this match? First goal of Aston Villa was from impossible angle from free kick. Ok. Second goal was very interesting. Aston Villa had free kick sixty metres far from my penalty area. Long ball flying to the penalty area. Goalkeeper could catch ball to hands, but he made incomprehensible save. Kozak scored goal. Well, amazes me only one thing: Aston Villa had only one shot on target, no clear cut chances, but they scored two goals. I really have never seen at my teams. The first goal was a free kick. Ok, but second goal was ...

I'm happy, that I won the match, but in some matches is really a big difference between AI goalkeeper and Human goalkeeper. I am curious what you think about the match.

Like I ask every time something like this pop up; would you have created this post had the exact same thing happened in reverse?

Yes, but in reverse I have rarely met with a similar matches. My goal isn't to complain, but to draw attention to any errors in the game.

I am curious why you don't factor in half chances?

Also, there is no bias.

So

Aston Villa hit a post once. My WBA also once.

Aston Villa had two half chances. My WBA had three half chances.

Aston Villa hadn't clear cut chance. My WBA had four clear cut chances.

Asto Villa had only one shot to target and scored two goals

My WBA had eight shots on target and scored three goals.

I am not saying that the game is unfair, but similar incomprehensible saves of AI goalkeeper are very very rare.

It's called selective memory syndrome. Many people suffer from this, so you're not alone.

It's not my problem.

and what do you specifically think the error is?

For example:

Player is alone near own penalty area. But suddenly he turns back and kicking the ball to corner kick. Nobody around him

Goalkeeper have the clear ball, but he goes completely elsewhere as goes the ball.

Three defenders ignore the pass to striker.

Corner kick. Four defenders was near the goal line, but striker went with ball to the net from border of penalty area. Four defenders did nothing.

Long pass from penalty area. Defender and striker running. Defender suddenly stopped run, and ignored, that striker continues in run. Goalkeeper was too far could do something.

... and many others.

For example:

Player is alone near own penalty area. But suddenly he turns back and kicking the ball to corner kick. Nobody around him

Goalkeeper have the clear ball, but he goes completely elsewhere as goes the ball.

Corner kick. Four defenders was near the goal line, but striker went with ball to the net from border of penalty area. Four defenders did nothing.

Long pass from penalty area. Defender and striker running. Defender suddenly stopped run, and ignored, that striker continues in run. Goalkeeper was too far could do something.

Absolutely none of that relates to your original point. As has been said, if these things are happening, report them as bugs.

For example:

Four defenders was on goal line, but striker went with ball to the net from border of penalty area. Four defenders did nothing.

and many others.

Ok so your issues are with the ME, not with the result of that match.

Some of those could be bugs in the ME, some SI might be aware of, some they might not be - Have you uploaded the matches to the FTP server and posted a thread in the bugs forum?

Some of them could be display issues with the graphics part and the same applies you need to report specific instances in the bugs forum and upload a save of the incident so SI can review it.

Some of them could be simply a case of you not fully reading what the ME/graphics are telling you.

Some of them could be due to tactical instructions and/or the players attributes.

For some if you uploaded examples to you tube we could see them and give an opinion as to if they are a bug or not however the only way they will get fixed is if you start a thread in the bugs forum uploading the PKMs to the FTP server and specify in the thread you open the game and time the incident occured. Someone from SI will then review the incident and decide if it is a bug or not.

Just reading between the lines though this one:

Without seeing it its difficult to tell but two things spring to mind:

A) The defender misjudged the ball either missing the header or thinking it would bounce through to the keeper.

B) The striker muscled him away causing the defender to stumble leaving the striker free.

Absolutely none of that relates to your original point. As has been said, if these things are happening, report them as bugs.

I just want to say that some large bugs are very rare on the AI players. The situation from the match with Aston Villa, I have never seen similar situation on the AI players. I'm happy that I won, but ... It bothers me equally, if I won after some bug.

Without seeing it its difficult to tell but two things spring to mind:

A) The defender misjudged the ball either missing the header or thinking it would bounce through to the keeper.

B) The striker muscled him away causing the defender to stumble leaving the striker free.

Defender suddenly stopped run. He had no reason to stop. There wasn't tackle from striker. It was too far from penalty area and goalkeeper still was in six-yard box. Too far from situations.

Defender suddenly stopped run. He had no reason to stop. There wasn't tackle from striker. It was too far from penalty area and goalkeeper still was in six-yard box. Too far from situations.

He didn't "just stop", he stopped for a reason.

You either aren't picking up on the reason why or the graphics aren't showing it clear enough.

I recently played a match in which the opposition lumped the ball into my half. It was an easy 'get' for the DC...but he never moved. Instead, it became a day at the races between the DM and an opposition forward. The forward just about won, nicked the ball past the DC, and scored.

I was livid...but then I thought about it and had another look.

Sure enough, at some point I'd set the team instructions to More Disciplined and Stick to Position. I checked the DC's stats, and it'll suffice to say he's not the sharpest knife in the block.

Given his stats and the instructions, it created a case of 'Not my job, boss' even though he could have run forward 5 yards and made an easy enough clearance/pass. In any case, I was to blame. Part of the issue was my tactics, part of it was putting Dum-Dum on the field in a context where that situation could happen.

And yes, this kind of thing does happen IRL. It's why you get players clearly arguing over who should have done what, and why they think they're both right. It's just that it might look weird on-screen.

I just want to say that some large bugs are very rare on the AI players

That kinda points towards it not being bugs as such, and more something you're not doing correctly. All ME bugs happen to both the player and the AI on account of the fact it's the exact same match engine for both.

That kinda points towards it not being bugs as such, and more something you're not doing correctly. All ME bugs happen to both the player and the AI on account of the fact it's the exact same match engine for both.

If I understand well, all weird decisions of players, are wrong decisions of human manager?

I am not saying, that ME bugs aren't same for AI and Human player, but bugs for AI are rarer than for Human players.

but bugs for AI are rarer than for Human players.

Why would that be?

And anyway, how do you know? Do you watch every minute of every game between AI controlled clubs?

The fact is you tend not to notice the inconsistencies in the ME as much when it happens to the opposition as you do when it happens to you own team. This is understandable, as you're concentrating on your own team more.

As I said earlier, it's simply selective memory.

If I understand well, all weird decisions of players, are wrong decisions of human manager?

I am not saying, that ME bugs aren't same for AI and Human player, but bugs for AI are rarer than for Human players.

Given that the ME is simply a program that calculates what happens based on a number of inputs from each side its impossible for it to favour an AI team over a human one. The ME coding doesn't even know if the inputs have come from a human or from an AI manager.

Why would that be?

And anyway, how do you know? Do you watch every minute of every game between AI controlled clubs?

The fact is you tend not to notice the inconsistencies in the ME as much when it happens to the opposition as you do when it happens to you own team. This is understandable, as you're concentrating on your own team more.

As I said earlier, it's simply selective memory.

Do you think, that I did not watch every minute of the match? If I only had key moments or commentary only, so I wouldn't seen a lot of interesting situations. Sometimes situations are funny, sometimes are crazy. Therefore, I can not say that the game would be unfair, but AI bugs are rarer than Human

Do you think, that I did not watch every minute of the match? If I only had key moments or commentary only, so I wouldn't seen a lot of interesting situations. Sometimes situations are funny, sometimes are crazy. Therefore, I can not say that the game would be unfair, but AI bugs are rarer than Human

There is no such thing as AI bugs rarer than human bugs in the match engine. A bug is a universal thing and there is no bias.

Toff, if I remember correctly, I've had the pleasure of a few PMs from you, where you've repeatedly aired this conspiracy theory, and you have been repeatedly advised that you are exhibiting a selective memory, and that the game contains no bias whatsoever.

Please desist from bringing these "observations" to light again and again, because they are incorrect and just generate nonsense threads like this where nothing is achieved.

Archived