Official Forum Rulebook - READ BEFORE POSTING

arsenal_2111

Welcome to the Good Player & Team Guide, which obviously means that all posts in here should be related to players and teams. There are other forums open for general discussion, FM Handheld, FM X-Box, Tactic, Stories, Challenges and Off-Topic discussion. For a quick link to them, please use the drop down box near the bottom of your page. Before posting, please read the folllowing rules.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shortened

Please make sure that you post in the correct forum. If you are sure that the question is for this forum, make sure you post in the correct thread. Find these threads in a search or in the Links thread.

Do not post a players PA or CA outside of a thread for that purpose without using spoiler tags.

When making a new thread, make the title descriptive and do not put any 'attention grabbers' such as ** in the title.

Give a suitable amount of information when posting or making a new thread.

Do not abuse other members, in any circumstances. Doing so is likely to result in Infraction points.

Do not argue with other members. If you feel someone shouldn't have posted something, use the report function rather than telling them in the thread.

Please use 'proper' English. Text talk is not allowed, and correct punctuation must be used.

Double posting is discouraged most of the time, although it is allowed in some circumstances.

Any type of insult, be it homophobic, racist, blasphemic or threatening, is likely to result in Infractions or a ban. Swearing is also banned, even if starred out.

Please note, this is the short version of the Rulebook. To see the full version, please read on.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Extended

Before you make a thread, make sure that you are posting in the correct forum. If you are sure that you are, should you post in an existing thread? All threads to do with a certain club should go in that club's thread. NO EXCEPTIONS. If you are asking a question, but the thread isn't active, that gives you no reason to make a new thread. It is up to you to make that thread active. When you post in the inactive thread, it will go to the top of the page. This means that more people will see the club thread, perhaps encouraging them to join. This will make the thread 'active', so you will get better responces. This is the same when people claim that they 'Didn't know there was a thread'. If the thread is near the top, there will be no excuse to say 'I didn't know there was a thread.' This will mean that more people will post in the thread, making it more active and meaning that more people will be able to pass on their expertize. If the thread you should post in has a lot of pages, you obviously won't want to read through the whole thread. Unknown to many, you can also search through a thread as well as a forum, in the same way as you would search in a forum. This may produce results of what you are looking for, as the question you require the answer to has more than likely been answered in the same thread before. Thanks to jacks23 for giving an idea for part of the above paragraph!:)

If making a player thread, it must contain a screenshot and a suitable amount of information about the player in question. If the thread you make about a player does not fit this criteria, your thread may be closed by a moderator without notice. The screenshot is preferably from as soon as you start the game, so it is the same as on other peoples saves. My personal recommendation is to include some general information such as age, nationality and current club, information about how he plays best, how much he would cost and perhaps information on how has has done for you. If it is a younger player, a screenshot of him when he is older could also be useful. Please note that not every player profile thread will be added into the Links Thread. There are a lot made, and if they were all added it would become very difficult for both the moderators to add to and for the forum users to find.

When giving advice on players, it is against the rules to mention a real-life players PA or CA without using spoiler tags. Many people prefer not to know players abilities to make the game more challenging, but posting PA/CA without tags means they find it out. If you are going to post a players PA or CA, please use spoiler tags. This can be done by typing in

PA here[ /spoiler], just without the space bar between to [ and the /spoiler] on the ending tag. That will make a box around the PA, so it can't be seen. If you wish to discuss a players PA without using spoiler tags, please post in either of the two threads made for it, here or here. Posting PA's or CA's for regen players (players generated by the game to replace retired players) is allowed, as they are different in everybodies games.

If you are looking for advice on a certain player, use the search function. It is likely to bring up threads which may include the answers you are looking for. If the function doesn't produce the answers you want, make sure there is not a correct thread for it. If there isn't then you can make a new thread.

If you cannot find what you need, or there isn't a correct thread to post in, then you can make a new thread. Make sure that this thread has an appropriate title, that is as descriptive as possible. If you use a interesting thread title more people will feel obliged to answer. No thread titles are permitted in capital letters, or to use *** to grab attention. If it is a worthwhile thread it won't need the attention grabbing stars.

When you come to type your message, make sure that you include as much information as possible. At a bare minimum you should contain:

Positions Needed -

Current Club -

Current League -

Money to Spend -

Any other Details (Nationality, Age etc) -

Feel free to use the guide in italics when you make a new thread.

If you are posting in any thread asking for advice on line-ups or tactics, dont just post your team. Give your opinion first, and add in your tactics, style of play, management philosophy(Young players, British players etc), say what you are looking for. Threads and posts that are bragging or gloating are dull, repetitive, and boring.

All members should assist others in a friendly manner. If you find that someone's post wasnt very helpful, tell them what they should do to change that. NO ABUSE WILL BE TOLERATED. With Purefun and HoPeY now mods there is more chance of you being punished for abusing members. This could lead to warnings or banning.

If you find that you or someone else on the forum has an on-going issure with another user, please let the mods know and let them handle it. This can be done via e-mail, private messaging or the 'report' function on posts. The forum will only be as useful as the people using it.

Posts made must meet certain standards. Any titles or messages in a thread that are in CAPITAL letters or contain 'txt' speak. Lastly, all posts must be in English. The majority of our user's are of an English-Speaking country, so posting in English will allow users to answer the best they can. Another way of ensuring that the non-english speaking users can understand replies better is to use the correct punctuation. Please make sure that all sentences start with capital letters, and end with the correct punctuation mark, be it a question mark(?), exclamation mark(!) or full stop(.). All player, staff, or team names must also have capital letters.

Double posting is also breaking the rules. With the new editing in place, you will be able to edit your posts, so if you want to add something else to your post then please edit your previous post instead of posting a new one, making a double post. Obviously there may be times that you won't be able to edit your post, or if it's more convinient not to(e.g. if you are posting in a thread thats a few pages back, hoping to make the thread come to the top of the page.) In these cases double posting is acceptable, but is still not advised.

Make sure you carefully think before insulting someone. Any homophobic terms (terms insulting people's sexuality) is strictly banned, as are racist terms (insulting different races or cultures), blasphemic terms (Using a religious word as an insult), or any kind of threatening posts. These kinds of posts are likely to result in a serious warning or even a ban, as it is likely that you will have insulted more than the person you intended to. Swearing is also banned, even with the stars covering up letters(e.g F***).

The following is a link to the House Rules & Forum Guidelines. These are rules which apply across all Sports Interactive forums. You are responsible for following and obeying them, and failure to do this may result in a ban.

If you have any suggestions that could help to improve the forum, please send a Private Message to a Good Player and Team Guide moderator (HoPeY or Purefun). All suggestions may not be acted on, but all will be listened to.

Thanks,

Everyone in the GPTG

Skoolblowsme -

It might have been a little harsh to say always, as theres been a couple of 'un-crap' posts you've made.

But by posting that you have not only proved Cleon right, but started an argument with a mod, which IS likely to get you a warning.

If I were you then I would just use the forum how it's meant to be used and not start posting like that, especially in the rule thread!!

Hope you don't mind me interfering, just offering advice:)

-------------------------------------------

Im thinking of adding in blasphemic, homophobic, racist orthreatening terms, and then adding swearing in, as those are a few things that shouldnt really be posted around here. Does anyone object?

Out of 140 posts they are all crap? All I said was relax I'm not starting and argument. And when did I swear?

I do use the forums as they are meant, I have discussions with ppl all the time.

I don't have problems with anyone around here i dunno why someone would come in an say all that I post is crap.

-------------------------------------------

Im thinking of adding in blasphemic, homophobic, racist orthreatening terms, and then adding swearing in, as those are a few things that shouldnt really be posted around here. Does anyone object?

It should be in here yes.

"but do many people find it that much of a problem. Personally I dont mind now especially since i feel it keeps the forums a bit more active but hey-ho who am I to complain"

Find what much of a problem?

threads that dont go into there respective club or player threads fair enough if you find it a big deal and I clearly am not going to be a moderator anytime soon but does it really affect you that much?

it shouldnt. personnally i like it when a random thread is made which shouldnt be there. despite all the "should be in this thread" comments i like helping the people without having to read through the QPR thread or whatever. but suppose its the rules. but it really shouldnt matter soo much to anyone except the mods.

It's a good start but until whole threads can be deleted then I still think there will be a problem. Look at loooooooooooooooooolll or whatever he was called. Those threads are just there but closed how about deleting them to make the forum better instead of just locking them. Tbh the problem will never be solved so I've just accepted it but there are ways to lessen it ie deleting threads ect

No, I agree. Its all very well locking threads, but they still stay on the page. Deleting them would really clear up the forum, and people would be forced to post in the correct places because they wouldnt be able to see previous replies.

Is this possible or not within the current board software?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In terms of the double posting will it be tolerated when posting screenshots, say for example i want to post a season review which contains more than 4 images, which then i would have to double post to fit it all in? Jw as it would be nice to grasp a better understanding of the rules in this forum

DW for asking, as long as you go by the rules!

It's fine to double post in circumstances like that.

On a side note, I think I might get rid of the double posting thing. Theres too many circumstances that it's OK, such as bumping a club thread, posting more than 4 images...

Thanks for asking though:)

Does anyone have any views on wether or not it should be taken out?

What would you reccommend using instead then?

Nothing.

Why does there have to be anything instead of the word official? Just no need for it at all.

When I do my FM09 Southampton thread I'm going to call it "FM09 Southampton Thread", someone else may also do a Southampton Thread and call it "The Official FM09 Southampton Thread". Does that make it more official than mine or more important/useful?

I'm afraid I'm with Dexta on this one. I don't see that theres any harm in making a thread official.

However, if people could put, say, Club Thread - Arsenal FC - FM2009 then it would be very easy to tell what was what.

I don't want to make this change without getting some more views, so would appriciate all posts.

I'm afraid I'm with Dexta on this one. I don't see that theres any harm in making a thread official.

However, if people could put, say, Club Thread - Arsenal FC - FM2009 then it would be very easy to tell what was what.

I don't want to make this change without getting some more views, so would appriciate all posts.

ATM its the user that is deciding if it is official or not. So you could end up with 7 different "Official Arsenal FM09 Threads". How would anyone know which is best or what one to use if anyone can add the word official? There is no logic to your arguement ;)

It should be upto the mod team to decide which one is used for each team. Not the forum users to arbitrarily add the word "official" just because they have made a thread.

In the current system there is no benefit to the use of the word "official" in a thread title and there won't be any benefits until it is made clear which threads can do so. As I stated before it is possible for 7 threads all about Arsenal all to use the "official" tag at present. How does anyone then know which is best to use?

Archived