what is up with added time?

I have an added time story. Yes, I do. Overall, it had been a fairly disappointing season. I had drawn Bayern and Real Madrid in my Champion's League group and failed to qualify for the knockout rounds. I found myself in the Euro Cup. By the time the semi's came around, the Premier League season was more or less over. I was locked into second place. No one could catch me and I couldn't catch the leader. So all of my regulars were only going to be seeing cup action for the rest of the year to give the kids a chance in the meaningless league games.

The first leg of the semifinals drew me at home against Dortmund. It was a bad game for the boys. We lost 2-1. Now, we had to go on the road and overcome a two goal away game disadvantage. The first half we couldn't get anything done. Dortmund parked the bus and my team couldn't break them down. It was 0-0 at half. That was still the score at the 70 minute mark when I looked to the bench for my final sub. Sitting there was a striker who I bought when I was back in League One for £110K. He had developed into a star, but had recently been passed up by a younger player. I had already decided to sell him on at the end of the season, which I did end up doing for £30 million.

In what would be his last ever appearance for the club, the striker came in and at the 75th minute hit a brilliant strike from the edge of the box. Now, I just needed one goal to overcome the disadvantage and win on aggregate. I threw everything forward in a desperate attempt to get the goal. I didn't get it. The official put three minutes of added time on the clock. With that time running out, one of my wingers dribbled down the flank and threw in a quick cross to the striker I had put in the game. He flicked into the back of the net with the clock reading 92:26. I was through to the finals.

That's my FM14 added time story. Perhaps not the rant you wanted to hear. Things don't always go against the player.

I have an added time story. Yes, I do. Overall, it had been a fairly disappointing season. I had drawn Bayern and Real Madrid in my Champion's League group and failed to qualify for the knockout rounds. I found myself in the Euro Cup. By the time the semi's came around, the Premier League season was more or less over. I was locked into second place. No one could catch me and I couldn't catch the leader. So all of my regulars were only going to be seeing cup action for the rest of the year to give the kids a chance in the meaningless league games.

The first leg of the semifinals drew me at home against Dortmund. It was a bad game for the boys. We lost 2-1. Now, we had to go on the road and overcome a two goal away game disadvantage. The first half we couldn't get anything done. Dortmund parked the bus and my team couldn't break them down. It was 0-0 at half. That was still the score at the 70 minute mark when I looked to the bench for my final sub. Sitting there was a striker who I bought when I was back in League One for £110K. He had developed into a star, but had recently been passed up by a younger player. I had already decided to sell him on at the end of the season, which I did end up doing for £30 million.

In what would be his last ever appearance for the club, the striker came in and at the 75th minute hit a brilliant strike from the edge of the box. Now, I just needed one goal to overcome the disadvantage and win on aggregate. I threw everything forward in a desperate attempt to get the goal. I didn't get it. The official put three minutes of added time on the clock. With that time running out, one of my wingers dribbled down the flank and threw in a quick cross to the striker I had put in the game. He flicked into the back of the net with the clock reading 92:26. I was through to the finals.

That's my FM14 added time story. Perhaps not the rant you wanted to hear. Things don't always go against the player.

fair enough, well done there, mate

but in all seriousness rants and good stories are welcome

Archived