Subs not happening when the ball goes out

Do SI ever plan on actually fixing this? For the third time this season I've taken a player off who's on a yellow and the ball has gone out for a throw. The game plays on without making my changes and that guy goes and gets sent off.

My idea of this has always been that the moment that you decide to sub, you still have to call the player to the bench, have him put on his shirt and maybe shin protectors and such, give him his tactical instructions,...

My idea of this has always been that the moment that you decide to sub, you still have to call the player to the bench, have him put on his shirt and maybe shin protectors and such, give him his tactical instructions,...

I'm not sure that it's actually the case but like you when i make a sub i see that as me telling my player to get ready to come on. So it wouldn't happen straight away.

I agree 2-3 mins is fine.

I have known it be much longer on some occasions though - usually where there's an excessive amount of ball retention going on. Today when playing, I had to wait 10 mins.

Also, the ME does seem to "queue" substitutions i.e. if the AI team has already requested one, they get done first and you then have to wait for another break in play to get your own player on the pitch. Obviously that will work both ways but the whole queuing in a way that time-lags substitutions even further is rather silly and very frustrating to watch.

This has been the case for a long time now and SI need to fix it because its one of a number of little niggles that, cumulatively, make people really frustrated with the game.

It also depends on whether the players are taking a quick throw/free-kick,doesn't it?

The referee may decide not to stop the play once he realises that almost everybody is already in position and the set-piece is not too close to goal.

Archived