(FM13) Increased TV deals as leagues get stronger

Afternoon all

Does anybody remember on FM13 if TV revenue increases as the reputation of a "weaker" league improves? I'm currently in my 15th season in Norway, with the league on the verge of breaking in to Europe's top 10 competitions. In all that time, the amount clubs have made through televised games has remained the same, despite a significant improvement in quality.

I'll stress that this isn't a problem for my club, but it would be nice to see some of the other sides make more of a splash in Europe.

Appreciate hearing about your experiences in this situation

Cheers

I don't have an answer for your question, but I'm curious about your save. How good are the teams in your league? Do you have the only team performing well in Europe? Are you managing to keep World class players?

I don't have an answer for your question, but I'm curious about your save. How good are the teams in your league? Do you have the only team performing well in Europe? Are you managing to keep World class players?

I've actually written a thread on the career elsewhere on the forum (http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/358618-The-Scandinavian-Shankly-From-paupers-to-kings.) but briefly, we're now extremely dominant in Norway. The furthest I've seen another club go in Europe is the last 16 of the Europa League, while we're a month away from our fifth European final.

As for players, I have picked up world class prospects as teenagers from small clubs, but ultimately everybody is for sale. My top earner is on £30,000pw and although my board will let us increase that to £50,000, we can't compete with the huge clubs. Not a huge deal, there is always another player.

I've actually written a thread on the career elsewhere on the forum (http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/358618-The-Scandinavian-Shankly-From-paupers-to-kings.) but briefly, we're now extremely dominant in Norway. The furthest I've seen another club go in Europe is the last 16 of the Europa League, while we're a month away from our fifth European final.

As for players, I have picked up world class prospects as teenagers from small clubs, but ultimately everybody is for sale. My top earner is on £30,000pw and although my board will let us increase that to £50,000, we can't compete with the huge clubs. Not a huge deal, there is always another player.

Thanks for the response. Sounds like a cool save. I would be interested in doing a similar thing if I could actually grow the club as a business as well. Winning 5 European Cups and still not being regarded as one of the big clubs is what turns me off from it. If it happened in real life (which it obviously wouldn't) then I would imagine the club would be able to build a large fanbase from the success.

I will read your story when I get a chance.

Thanks for the response. Sounds like a cool save. I would be interested in doing a similar thing if I could actually grow the club as a business as well. Winning 5 European Cups and still not being regarded as one of the big clubs is what turns me off from it. If it happened in real life (which it obviously wouldn't) then I would imagine the club would be able to build a large fanbase from the success.

I will read your story when I get a chance.

It's been fun, yeah. We have built the fan base, and our club rep is now four stars. Our coefficient is second only to Barcelona, but we'll never be able to afford silly money as there isn't enough domestic TV/prize money or sponsorship for it. Still, it keeps it interesting...

That said, pretty much any player I scout would like to sign for us, and that's despite the fact the club is inside the Arctic Circle! So we are clearly a "big" club,we just don't have the spending power of those in the big leagues.

It's been fun, yeah. We have built the fan base, and our club rep is now four stars. Our coefficient is second only to Barcelona, but we'll never be able to afford silly money as there isn't enough domestic TV/prize money or sponsorship for it. Still, it keeps it interesting...

That's true. Have you noticed an increase in the quality of Norwegian footballers?

That's true. Have you noticed an increase in the quality of Norwegian footballers?

Yes and no. Lots of good 3 star players, and some good youth talent a few years ago. For the last couple of years though, the only quality Norwegians have been coming from my academy.

Archived