Consider this your only warning

This is a bragging thread.

I just won the Champions League in my 2nd season as Newcastle manager. :p

No reloads, no cheats, no downloaded tactics. Just me and my nous.

Quite pleased I am actually! And I couldn't wait to share it with you lovely folk.

I'm curious, what is your proudest achievement in the first season or two of FM world?

Congratulations!

I don't have an achievement of that calibre to show.

One of my best moments would be winning the Greek Superleague with OFI crete on the fourth season though. After starting on a lowish club promoting them and moving on mid third season.

Congrats on the CL win, nice one.

Starting unemployed and with no rep, I took over bottom-of-the-table Berwick in March of the first season. We didn't manage a win under me for the rest of the season. Then most of the squad's contracts expired.

Second season, with free signings on no more than £100/wk, we've just gone up through the playoffs after finishing 3rd. It's not much, but I'm happy.

I won 3 games from November-March got sacked.

I'm bragging because I stuck at it and never quit or posted a thread claiming FM's cheating or Tactics are designed to favour AI's,it was my fault,I didn't replace the rubbish defence soon enough as I didn't want too pay compo,I then went ''all in'' signing Players too send my wage to 30% higher than my budget as.All i'm annoyed about is I never received the compensation for the remainder of my contract worth around £11,500.

It took me 5 years to win the champions league with Newcastle which I thought was a good achievement. I did start that save before 14.3 was released so still had cabaye. I finally won my first league title after 7 years by finishing on 92 points, 1 ahead of Man Utd. I also won the champions league again too, against Man Utd. :cool:

Because in the 14.3 database, the Newcastle team is considerably weaker.

I am currently on 14.0. Cabaye hasn't had the impact I wanted/expected though (6.80 ish average). I was actually trying to sign only Englishmen (Ince, Hughes, Naughton and Sterling) so would've sold him and others upon receiving a decent bid.

I should confess that for some reason all of the big teams ended up in the Europa League knockouts than the Champions League... only had to beat Bayern in the final (sans Robben). It was a beautiful moment, 1-1 with 13 minutes remaining, I bring on Ben Arfa who has been out injured for 5 months with a broken leg and 3 months before that with a hamstring. He scored 2 goals in the final 10 minutes so that we won 3-1. I could have cried.

Congratulations!

I don't have an achievement of that calibre to show.

One of my best moments would be winning the Greek Superleague with OFI crete on the fourth season though. After starting on a lowish club promoting them and moving on mid third season.

Thanks! I tend to stick in England but could fancy a longer term challenge with an overseas club on an island. I wonder if Ibiza have a football team on the game...

Congrats on the CL win, nice one.

Starting unemployed and with no rep, I took over bottom-of-the-table Berwick in March of the first season. We didn't manage a win under me for the rest of the season. Then most of the squad's contracts expired.

Second season, with free signings on no more than £100/wk, we've just gone up through the playoffs after finishing 3rd. It's not much, but I'm happy.

I'd be happy after that.

I prefer this to the OP's story.

Easier to believe too. :rolleyes:

Probably my biggest achievement to date was on a previous FM. I think it was FM07. Yes years ago but the achievement is fantastic. This would be... Taking over AEK Athens and in the 1st season... gettig them through the qualifying stages of the champions league into the champions league proper and then taking them to champions league glory following a series of 1-0 wins over teams such as Barcelona, Real Madrid and beating Chelsea by the familiar scoreline of 1-0! I went absolutely mental at the final whistle. I even have proof via my cousin (YIDBIGGY on the forums) who still counts it as an amazing achievement.

I have yet to match this. However i did have an Apoel save 2 years ago where i took them into the semi finals of the UEFA cup beating Athletico Madrid in both legs and impressive wins against Ajax, Milan and Arsenal.

This is a bragging thread.

I just won the Champions League in my 2nd season as Newcastle manager. :p

No reloads, no cheats, no downloaded tactics. Just me and my nous.

Quite pleased I am actually! And I couldn't wait to share it with you lovely folk.

I'm curious, what is your proudest achievement in the first season or two of FM world?

I managed this too with Newcastle, strangest season I'll ever play, finished 15th in the league despite playing my so called strongest team in the league games and not in the Champions, defended it the next season too, must be something to do with no other leagues loaded or something, must weaken the teams too much

Norwich

2015 - FA Cup, Community shield

2016-Premier league, FA Cup

2017 - Capital one cup, FA Cup, Premier league, Champions league, community shield, uefa super cup

2018 - Premier league, FA Cup, champs league runner-up

Nothing special by any means but: 13/14 Chelsea - Premier League

14/15 Chelsea - Half way through season could not stop drawing, clinging onto 4th a home defeat 0-1 to Saints i resigned in a rage!

14/15 Fulham - Offererd me job, bottom of league 9pts from safety ended up going down by 1 pt

15/16 Fulham - Just sealed Championship with 4 games to go, so satisfied with it having struggled at times with this version finally properly understand exactly how my system worksand the type of players required to make it work and i am convinced we will stay up and progress over next few seasons! :)

Expect a "I cant buy a win" thread in the tactics forum soon! :)

Winning the Europa League with Lincoln of Gibraltar thanks to crocked, half-fit club legend winning and converting a penalty to equalise in the 117th minute (we won on penalties).

Then winning the Champions League for the first time with them, absolutely schooling Barcelona with a simply wonderful performance.

Archived