Starting date for new games

Whne would you like to take control of your first club?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Whne would you like to take control of your first club?

• At the end of the previous season
    • At the beginning of the new season

Simple question: When would you prefer to be dropped into a new club when starting a new game?

Option (A) At the close of the previous season, with no transfers in or out (except those long-established), so you can decide how to rebuild the squad in the coming season

or....

Option (B) As it currently works with transfers in and out up to date as much as possible, so you are taking over another manager's preparations for the new season

Due to the game being released after the new season has started and transfer windows closed, option B makes the most sense as you get to take over a team with the same players as that team is currently using in real life.

I generally start unemployed and holiday through the end of December, then start applying for jobs. I just took a job with Hinckley United (England -Conference North) when they were bottom of their league and 12 points below safety with the expectation to save them from relegation. Just barely dragged them over the line. The board thanked me by leaving the salary the same, no transfer budget and the expectation to avoid relegation...again. Guess when your team's value is $2...they don't expect much. (Googled the team, found out they no longer exist, were wound up end of 2013 after being relegated (and after their interim coach resigned to take a job as a PE teacher)).

So, in short I pick option C) I take control after the game gets a little messy.

Archived