Clear Cut Chance -The free quarterly FM Magazine - Edition 4 OUT NOW

The latest instalment of Clear Cut Chance the free quarterly FM publication Edition 4 IS OUT NOW

This edition features;

Interview

• Perth Glory Womens Assistant Coach Keith Scarlett

World Cup FM Related Stuff

• International management
  • My Ivorian Dream
  • Minnows
  • World Cup 2014

It's just a game isn't it?

• How Football Manager Saved My Life

Opinions and thoughts

• Thoughts on the slider debate
  • Why all the fuss about team talks

Careers

• FM - A Story Part 2
  • Career opportunities

Pointing at the tactics board

• Setpiece analysis

Featured in CCC

• Book reviews

Download Link

http://www.clearcutchance.com/latest/download/

What is Clear Cut Chance?

It's a project run by myself (Cleon) and Jad from http://www.pushthemwide.co.uk/ We've also got Foxo involved from the awaystand and Naks who is a poster off these boards and very well known in the French FM community. It's been a real team effort settings this up.

We aim to bring you quality content for Football Manager and hopefully put a little spin on things. We've tried to be as diverse as possible and offer stuff for all aspects of Football Manager to cater for all readers. Some of the content that you can expect to see in CCC and future editions are interviews with Coaches, scouts, physio's, analytics, directors and a host of other professionals who are involved with football clubs. We've asked them FM related stuff and some of the answers we've got back have been brilliant so far they really give you an insight into how things work and how they compare to Football Manager.

The formats available are .epub, .mobi, .azw3 and .pdf. Epub works with iBooks, Mobi works with Kindle and the Kindle apps available on iOS, Android etc, AZW3 is the new improved format for Kindle books, and PDF, as I'm sure you all know, works on pretty much anything.

The PDF is the one with the full design and is really lovely to read; the other formats are designed to adapt to the display preferences set on your devices (meaning that the font-size and background-color of pages is set by iBooks or your reading app itself, rather than set at an arbitrary value). I'll make sure there's an option to download all formats in a zip file too for the people who have loads of devices.

If there's another format that someone wants included please let us know and we will look into for any future edition.

FAQ's

Q - How much will it cost? A- It's totally free for the digital version and always will be.

Q- What if I want a physical copy, how much is that? A - We offer them at cost meaning we make nothing from this. You can find out more details about this on our website www.clearcutchance.com

Q - If I don’t want a physical copy will I miss out on some of the content if I only want the digital one? A - No! Both versions are the exact same its just some people wanted a physical version so we have catered for them. No matter which version you want the content will always be the same.

Q - Can I contribute to the ebook and if so how? A - To contribute you can either contact me on here or via the contact form on the website

Q - How often will this be released? A - It will be released every quarter (every 3 months)

Q - Always on the same date? A - No but it will be released in the correct month. However the date might vary due to how busy we are.

Q - I have some ideas about the layout/content suggestions/features etc what should I do? A - You can use the contact us form on the website, PM me on here or use this thread.

Q - Can I redistribute this on my own website? A - You can add a direct download link on your site but for anything other than that, please contact us before hand.

Q - Can I translate this into another language? A- Yes that is fine as long as you contact us to let us know who for and show us the translated version before hand. The reason for this is some of the content contained in the e-book we had to get permission to use from certain individuals due to their real life jobs. So any changes no matter how small have to be show to the people before hand for legal reasons.

Q - Don't seem to be able to download any on iPhone, any ideas how I can download this onto phone? A- make sure you are using Safari - Chrome doesn't allow you to download epub files on iOS. Go to the download page, click iOS and then wait a few seconds. It should show up a screen with a button that says "Open with iBooks". That will save it to your library.

You can follow us on twitter https://twitter.com/ClearCutChance

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Clear-Cut-Chance/606224289430522?fref=ts

Website www.clearcutchance.com

Past Editions

Edition One features;

Interviews

• The Coach’s view: Interview with Jed Davies
  • The Analyst’s view: Interview with Matt Neil

It’s just a game... Isnt’ It?

• The Lovely Catharsis of Losing
  • The Realtime Football Manager

CCC on tour

• Opening Doors

Pointing at the Tactics Board

• Player vs System
  • A New Way of Seeing Things
  • The Creative Fullback
  • Band and Zone system

DOWNLOAD LINK

http://www.clearcutchance.com/1/download/

Edition 2

Interviews

• A Blue Print for Success

Opinions and thoughts

• Football Manager is not Random
  • A world without sliders
  • Officiating

Career!

• Why be a journeyman
  • Championship Manager

• Universality versus Speciality - A FM discussion of philosophy
  • The power of pace
  • Is higher always better?
  • Transitions
  • Regista and Halfback - Illustrated Tactical Memo

Featured In CCC

• Book reviews
  • Updating Football Manager should not be painful

DOWNLOAD LINK

http://www.clearcutchance.com/2/download/

Edition 3

Interviews and passion

• The coaches view, Louis Lancaster interview
  • Understanding staff roles, Principal advisor Jim Phipps
  • Assistant researcher, Ajax Amsterdam

It’s just a game...isn’t it?!

• Switching allegiances
  • The world according to FM
  • Experiencing the lull

Opinions and Thoughts

• A world without sliders - a riposte
  • The new GUI - a slider discussion

Career’s corner!

• An indonesian FM story
  • The silent, unspoken T
  • How Sergio Agüero turned me into Football Manager’s version of Harry Redknapp

• Know your 4-2-3-1
  • How I learnt to love striker partnerships
  • Strikerles
  • Width

Book reviews,

DOWNLOAD LINK

http://www.clearcutchance.com/3/download/

Contribute

Do you want to contribute to a future edition? Then if you feel you could add something to the current team then please contact us and let us know. You can contribute as frequent as you like so it can be a one off or a regular occurrence if you wish. All we ask if that you write about something that is FM related. You can contact us via the website, this thread or even by PM if you are interested :)

I posted this one twitter, but you may not see it. Llama3, I hope you beat Spain and win the World Cup eventually. Hopefully before FM21 for your own sanity :)

Top job Cleon, Jad and everyone else. I've only read 3 pieces so far, but it's all been very good so far.

Thank you :)

We got a lot of great feedback about the article I did about SI's Marc Duffy saving my life, it seems a lot of people can relate to it in their own way and have similar stories.

Over the coming weeks you'll notice the site change somewhat as we redesign it so people can read the issue online too if they wish. In addition to this we'll be adding a blog and are doing a podcast as we looking to offer more to our audience.

We are also on the look out (as always) for people from here to get more involved and contribute. There are great writers on here and we'd like to see more of you in future editions of CCC :)

I'm just testing the water here and nothing is definite but would people be interested in extra editions every so often? What I mean is extra issues that focus on a particular area of the game. So we might do an extra issue that is all about tactics or all about scouting or all about morale and so on. Would that appeal to many of you or not?

Another great read guys :thup:

Cheers mate :)

Our blog should be up and running in the next few weeks and the podcast shouldn't be that long either hopefully. The podcast is something we are really excited about and something we planned on doing when we first launched but decided to wait until we were up and running properly before adding more work for ourselves, so hopefully the podcast will appeal to a lot of you.

Really excited to see this expand into a blog and podcasts. I'd enjoy that more than the extra editions and it'll be a way of keeping people interested while waiting for the quarterly release.

Much better than the cruel teasers you (and Jad) send out on Twitter, two months before release :(

I'm just testing the water here and nothing is definite but would people be interested in extra editions every so often? What I mean is extra issues that focus on a particular area of the game. So we might do an extra issue that is all about tactics or all about scouting or all about morale and so on. Would that appeal to many of you or not?
I definitely would be interested in any reading material of the quality that we get in CCC.

What Hunt3r said. :thup:

I'd be interested in that. Might be useful having focused issues which look at specific areas of the game.

If you break it down into distinct sections, then people can get them all and use them as reference tools.

What a fantastic read again. Cleon's piece was very poignant which reminded of a similar time in my own life, funnily enough around the same year, and although my circumstances were nowhere near as extreme, it was actually getting my first PC and playing CM 01/02 that lifted me out a really deep depression at the time.

Great stuff again, really looking forward to the blogs/podcasts.

Thanks all :)

DD - Lots of people seem to be able to relate to my issue. We've had lost of emails, messages, DM's and tweets with people sharing their own stories and saying how FM has helped them too in a way through the hard times over the years :). People have been a lot more receptive than I thought they would when I wrote it :)

I posted this one twitter, but you may not see it. Llama3, I hope you beat Spain and win the World Cup eventually. Hopefully before FM21 for your own sanity :)

Top job Cleon, Jad and everyone else. I've only read 3 pieces so far, but it's all been very good so far.

Only just noticed, but I hope so too. Heartbreakingly cruel way to lose.

• 5 years later...

If there's one topic I don't mind necroing against the disdain of the community it is this one.

I searched long and hard as to what happened to this excellent magazine capable of making professional sports journalism look like it was written by a bunch of amateurs.

Please please please bring this back in any form!