• Created
  • Last Reply

Game : Football Manager 2014 (PC)

Version : Official SI 14.3.1

Database size : Large

Leagues loaded :

• Australia (Hyundai A-League only)
  • China (First Division and above)
  • Hong Kong (China PR) (First Division only)
  • India (National Football League only)
  • Indonesia (First Division and above)
  • Japan (JFL and above)
  • Kuwait (Viva League only)
  • Malaysia (Premier League and above)
  • Singapore (S-League only)
  • South Korea (K League Challenge League and above)

Previous experience : Sunday morning footballer

After the disappointment of losing my previous save The Long (Eaton) and winding road to…success or failure, it’s time to start a new one and what better point to finally start playing FM14. Being a keen follower of Asian football, having lived there for a number of years and having played previous saves in Asia (my last coming 4 years ago - Way of the Dragon), coupled with rancers and ashton321’s recent exploits in their Asian saves, I think it’s time to revisit Asia for my FM14 save this year.

As mentioned in the post above, I’ve loaded Australia, China, Hong Kong (China PR), India, Indonesia, Japan, Kuwait, Malaysia, Singapore and South Korea and will be starting in Hong Kong. I’ll be holidaying for a year and I’ll be taking over which ever club gets promoted to the Hong Kong First Division.

So the end of the 2013/14 Hong Kong First Division came to an end as it saw Kitchee win a very close title race on goal difference while Tuen Mun faced relegation at the other end of the table. Like I said, I’ve holidayed through a year and the team that won promotion and have replaced Tuen Mun, which I’ll be taking over are…

FN65ljg.png

Tai Po : A background

Founded in 2002, Tai Po Football Club are a professional Hong Kong Football Club who have just been promoted to the Hong Kong First Division. The club play their home games at Tai Po Sports Ground and possess poor training facilities and poor youth facilities. The club also has basic junior coaching and a well established youth recruitment network.

The club enjoyed probably their best spell of success in most recent years as they won the Hong Kong Third Division in 2004, won the Hong Kong Third Division - District in 2004, won the Hong Kong FA Cup in 2009 and won the Hong Kong Senior Challenge Shield in 2013.

8sgMNNo.jpg

Tai Po Sports Ground

Tai Po - Pre-Season 2014/15

FN65ljg.png

Tai Po

League expectation

-------------------------

Hong Kong First Division : Board expectation - Be competitive : Media expectation - 10th (out of 12)

Cup expectations

---------------------

Hong Kong FA Cup : Be competitive

Hong Kong FA Cup : Be competitive

Hong Kong Senior Challenge Shield : Be competitive

Transfer budget : £38.59k

Wage budget : £6.42k p/w

Current wage bill : £7.8k p/w

Season tickets sold : 0

My views for the season ahead… : The media are expecting us to finish 10th in the league this season while the board are wanting us to be competitive so I guess my only objective will be to avoid an immediate return to the Second Division.

I kind of had a feeling it would be Tai Po. Deep down I wanted to see you manage HKFC since it's an Amateur team.

Good luck in HK and hope you stay there longer than me. :)

Cheers rancer. HKFC would definitely of been a challenge! It's still gonna be tough with Tai Po though.

Tai Po - August 2014/15

FN65ljg.png

Tai Po

10.08.14 - Friendly - Tai Po v Double Flower : 0-0 : I took charge of my first game as manager of Tai Po in a friendly against Double Flower which saw us play out a less than spectacular goal less draw.

16.08.14 - Friendly - Southern District v Tai Po : 0-0 : My second friendly saw us once again play out another goal less draw, this time against fellow First Division side Southern District. At least we’re looking difficult to beat!

23.08.14 - Friendly - Tai Po v Sha Tin : 3-2 : My final pre-season friendly saw us take on Second Division side Sha Tin as we raced into a 3-0 lead thanks to goals from Kewin Chamard-Boudet, So Loi Keung and an own goal from James Beacher. Sha Tin showed some fight though as they pulled 2 goals back but we managed to hold on and win the game 3-2.

31.08.14 - Hong Kong First Division - Sun Pegasus v Tai Po : 1-1 : We kicked off our league campaign against Sun Pegasus which saw the home side finally break the deadlock after 71 minutes through Admir Rascic. We responded well though as we equalized just 4 minutes later through a rather fortunate own goal as the game ended 1-1.

August League Table : Of course it’s extremely early days and no table should be looked at after just one game but our opening game sees us sitting 7th in the table as we reach the end of August.

Tai Po - September 2014/15

FN65ljg.png

Tai Po

12.09.14 - Hong Kong First Division - Tai Po v Citizen : 0-0 : We started September as we ended August…with a draw as we played out a goal less draw with Citizen.

19.09.14 - Hong Kong First Division - Yuen Long v Tai Po : 0-2 : We made the trip to Yuen Long Stadium as we faced an early season relegation battle against fellow relegation candidates Yuen Long. It was us that took all 3 points home though as a brace from Kewin Chamard-Boudet was enough for us in the end.

27.09.14 - Hong Kong First Division - Yokohama FC (HK) v Tai Po : 3-3 : We fell 2-0 behind after 2 very dubious penalties were awarded against us but a few words at half time saw us come out in the 2nd half looking a different side as another brace from Kewin Chamard-Boudet put us back on level terms. Our captain Au Yeung Wai fired us into the lead 10 minutes from time but we couldn’t hold on as the home side equalized 3 minutes from time to leave us having to share the points.

September League Table : 2 draws and a win against fellow relegation candidates Yuen Long this month sees us sitting 6th in the league on a very healthy 6 points after 4 games. Considering that Tuen Mun went down last season on 16 points, I feel that if we can get 20 points then that should be enough to avoid relegation.

Tai Po - October 2014/15

FN65ljg.png

Tai Po

05.10.14 - Hong Kong First Division - Tai Po v Southern District : 2-0 : Another massive early season relegation battle saw us welcome Southern District to Tai Po Sports Ground in a game which saw us fail to dominate possession but dominate shots on goal instead as in the end, a brace from veteran Li Haiqiang gave us a 2-0 win and a very valuable 3 points in our quest to avoid the drop.

18.10.14 - Hong Kong First Division - Tai Po v Happy Valley : 1-0 : A solitary goal and debut goal 7 minutes from full time from new signing Wei Chao gave us another 3 points against a decent Happy Valley side.

24.10.14 - Hong Kong First Division - Kitchee v Tai Po : 2-0 : We made the journey to **** Kok Stadium as we took on one of the title favourites in the form of Kitchee. Nobody expected us to get anything from this game and that was the final outcome as the home side showed their superiority as they comfortably beat us 2-0 to inflict the first defeat of the season on us.

October League Table : 2 wins and a loss this month keeps us in 6th position in the league as we’re already half way over the points total that I want. If we can keep up this kind of form throughout the season then relegation shouldn’t even be a worry for us, but we can’t get complacent yet as there’s a long, long way to go yet.

Tai Po - November 2014/15

FN65ljg.png

Tai Po

06.11.14 - Hong Kong First Division - Rangers (HKG) v Tai Po : 2-1 : We travelled to Sham Shui Po to face Rangers (HKG) in our only league game this month as Kewin Chamard-Boudet put us into a 1-0 lead after 38 minutes. The away side equalized in 1st half stoppage time though before snatching a winner 2 minutes from time to deny us a point and resign us to our 2nd successive defeat.

09.11.14 - Senior Shield 1st Round - Yokohama (HK) v Tai Po : 1-2 : We faced Yokohama (HK) in our Senior Shield 1st round game who 6 weeks ago, we drew 3-3 in the league with. This game was not too different as once again we went into the lead only to concede an equalizing goal just a few minutes from full time. This game went into extra time though and thankfully it was us who grabbed the decisive goal thanks to Wei Chao’s 2nd goal of the season.

November League Table : Just the 2 games this month for us as we suffered a 2nd successive league defeat to the hands of Rangers (HKG) which leaves sitting 8th in the table while we progressed to the Quarter Final of the Senior Shield after beating Yokohama (HK) which will see us meet South China :(.

Tai Po - December 2014/15

FN65ljg.png

Tai Po

02.12.14 - League Cup Main Stage 2nd Round - Tai Po v Southern District : 1-1 (5-3 pens) : We welcomed Southern District to Aberdeen Sports Ground (why we were playing in Aberdeen and not our own ground, I don’t know) and within 2 minutes we were already losing 1-0. Just 4 minutes later though saw us regain parity as Chan Sze Wing netted his 1st goal of the season as the game fizzled out into niggly, stop-start game with plenty of yellow cards which ultimately finished with a penalty shoot-out to decide the winner…luckily we managed to hold our nerve as we scored all of our penalties and progressed to the next round :).

06.12.14 - Senior Shield Quarter Final - Tai Po v South China : 1-2 : Our reward, if you want to call it that, for disposing of Yokohama (HK) in the last round was a Quarter Final fixture against South China at our place. As expected, we got beat as Shaolin Temple showed their superiority and the gulf in class between them and us. We did manage to nick a late consolation goal through Li Haiqiang’s 3rd goal of the season but that’s all it was, a consolation.

December League Table : No league game for us this month so we stay 8th in the league but it was mixed emotions in the cups for us as we progressed to the Quarter Final of the League Cup whilst we were knocked out of the Senior Shield by South China.

Tai Po - January 2014/15

FN65ljg.png

Tai Po

04.01.15 - Hong Kong First Division - Tai Po v Eastern : 3-2 : Back to league action for us this month having not played a league game for 2 months as Eastern made the journey to our place. Things started well for us as Wei Chao out us into the lead after just 5 minutes but within 14 minutes after that we found ourselves 2-1 down after Dylan Macallister struck twice for the visitors. The players got tore a new one at half time as I layed in to them, telling them that these are the kind of games that we need to be winning if we’re to have any chance of staying up and it obviously worked as Wei Chao struck his and our 2nd goal of the game before veteran Li Haiqiang hit his 4th of the season and the winning goal to snatch all 3 points for us.

17.01.15 - League Cup Main Stage Quarter Final - Tai Po v Sun Pegasus : 2-1 : Wei Chao put us into the lead just before half time with his 5th goal of the season as that looked to be enough to put us into the Semi Final but with just 9 minutes remaining Sun Pegasus grabbed an equalizer to take the game into extra time. I thought we might have to go to penalties but Cheng Jin, a new signing, hit the winner for us 20 minutes into extra time to seal our place in the Semi’s :).

January League Table : One league game for us this month saw us beat Eastern to jump a place up the league table to 7th to already claim 15 points after 9 games, just 5 points off my aim for total league points. Our other game saw us progress to the Semi Final of the League Cup where we’ll meet South China.

We also made a couple more signings now that the January transfer window is open as Cheng Zecheng joined us from Shenhua and Yu Jianfeng joined us from Rizhiquan, both on free transfers.

Tai Po - February 2014/15

FN65ljg.png

Tai Po

03.02.15 - Hong Kong First Division - Tai Po v Sun Hei : 2-0 : Wen Chao struck his 6th and 7th goal of the season to dispose of surprise strugglers Sun Hei as we rack up another win in the league :eek:

07.02.15 - Hong Kong First Division - South China v Tai Po : 0-0 : South China have suffered a lot of injuries this season and had 7 first team players out for our meeting with them so if there was any time to get a result against them, now was the time. We couldn’t find a way past them and they dominated the majority of the game so to come away from Hong Kong Stadium with a point is a great result for us.

15.02.15 - League Cup Main Stage Semi Final - South China v Tai Po : 1-0 : South China were once again the architects of our downfall in the cup as they once again sent us packing thanks to a Sasa Kajkut strike early on.

19.02.15 - League Cup Loser Stage 5th Round - Tai Po v Sun Pegasus : 3-2 : A strange new scenario for me here as I was unaware of the loser stage of the League Cup. Having lost to South China in the Semi Final we met Sun Pegasus, who we defeated in the Quarter Final with the winner facing South China in the Final. A superb fight back from 2-0 down to win 3-2 in the last minute means that we’ll have a 2nd chance against South China in the Final of the League Cup.

24.02.15 - Hong Kong First Division - Tai Po v Yuen Long : 4-0 : We defeated Yuen Long on the opening day of the season and this time around was no different as we easily beat them again thanks to a lone goal from our captain Au Yeung Wai and a hat-trick from Wei Chao :).

February League Table : A superb month for us which saw us pick up 7 points from a possible 9 in the league while also making it to the final of the League Cup means that we’ve made my points total aim for the season and are almost certain to avoid relegation now :D. While obviously nothing is definite yet, we’ve made my objective, but it’d be nice if we could carry on and try and finish as high as possible in the league.

A loser stage in a cup?

Yeah. There's a stage where every club enters, and the winners go through an easier 'Main Stage' while the losers go through a 'Loser Stage'. I think the clubs that lose in the latter parts of the Main Stage go through the Loser Stage too to get back in the Final. So even if you lose once, you're not out of the league cup. A bit confusing, but if you play through it, you will understand. :D

A loser stage in a cup?
Yeah. There's a stage where every club enters, and the winners go through an easier 'Main Stage' while the losers go through a 'Loser Stage'. I think the clubs that lose in the latter parts of the Main Stage go through the Loser Stage too to get back in the Final. So even if you lose once, you're not out of the league cup. A bit confusing, but if you play through it, you will understand. :D

I'm glad you explained that rancer 'cause I had no idea! The last time I played in Asia was 4 years ago so it was a bit of a surprise.

Sort of defeats the object of a cup surely?

I thought so too...

Tai Po - March 2014/15

FN65ljg.png

Tai Po

08.03.15 - Hong Kong First Division - Southern District v Tai Po : 0-1 : A solitary goal from Li Haiqiang was enough to hand us our 7th win of the season :D.

12.03.15 - Hong Kong First Division - Tai Po v Sun Pegasus : 1-0 : Wei Chao’s 11th goal of the season gave us all 3 points as we continue to confound our critics.

15.03.15 - Hong Kong First Division - Tai Po v Yokohama (HK) : 1-2 : Yokohama (HK) ended our fine league form which has seen us undefeated in 6 games as goals from Kenji Fukuda and Fong Pak Lun meant that it was the visitors that walked away with all 3 points.

20.03.15 - Hong Kong First Division - Tai Po v Kitchee : 1-1 : Li Haiqiang rescued a great point for us against last season league champions.

24.03.15 - Hong Kong First Division - Citizen v Tai Po : 3-2 : Citizen prolonged our recent dip in form as a brace from Wei Chao, his 12th and 13th goal of the season wasn’t enough to get us anything from the game.

28.03.15 - League Cup Final - South China v Tai Po : 1-1 : We surprisingly made it to the final after getting a 2nd chance at the loser stage and we were more than a match for South China in the final as Wei Chao hit his 14th goal of the season after Filipe put South China ahead after 6 minutes. That’s how the game ended though as this competition continued to confuse me…there was no extra time or even penalties…instead the game was decided by the higher seeded team :confused:. Obviously it was disappointing to lose, especially like that but in the end I suppose we have to look at making the final as a great positive for us.

March League Table : 2 wins, 2 losses and a draw sees us stay in the top half of the table as we sit on 29 points with 5 games remaining. We also played in the final of the League Cup where South China bizarrely beat us on the fact that they were the highest seeded team. Despite this slight disappointment, I’m delighted with how we’re performing in the league and we could even push a for an Asian Qualification spot :).

Never knew about the League Cup thing. :lol:

That's one weird table with Kitchee and South near the middle!

No...it's a new one for me too...and to lose because I was the lower ranked team! What a stupid way to decide the winner!

I'm very surprised at how much South China and Kitchee are struggling. They've both been really unlucky with injuries...shame! :D

Tai Po - April 2014/15

FN65ljg.png

Tai Po

05.04.15 - Hong Kong First Division - Happy Valley v Tai Po : 1-2 : Another great win for us thanks to goals from Li Haiqiang and Wei Chao means that we’re still hot on the heels of Citizen, Yokohama (HK) and Rangers (HKG).

12.04.15 - FA Cup Quarter Final - Kitchee v Tai Po : 2-0 : We were always facing a tough task against Kitchee and they proved too strong for us as they sent us packing thanks to goals from Alexander Akande and Jordi Tarres.

19.04.15 - Hong Kong First Division - Eastern v Tai Po : 1-1 : We almost snatched all of the points late on as Cheng Jin struck with just 8 minutes left but Eastern had a late show of their own as they grabbed a late equalizer 3 minutes into injury time.

28.04.15 - Hong Kong First Division - Tai Po v Rangers (HKG) : 1-0 : We had a massive say in the late run in for the title as we put a huge dent into Rangers (HKG) title challenge as Wei Chao struck his 15th goal of the season meaning that remarkably with just 2 league games remaining we’re just 4 points off top spot!

April League Table : 2 wins and a draw sees us rise to 3rd in the league and with just 2 games left, we’re only 4 points off Rangers (HKG) at the top of the table. While I’m not saying that we’re gonna win the league, merely that we’re unbelievably at the opposite end of the table of where people, including myself, were expecting us to be.

With the league getting into its final stages, the last remaining cup competition got into its final stages too as we were knocked out of the FA Cup at the Quarter Final stage by Kitchee meaning that our journey in the cups this season were at an end.

Also, April saw our new youth intake announced which saw 2 players stand out more than any others as Chan Chun Wai and So Man Kit look as if they’ll be able to push for the first team in a few more years…so my staff tell me.

A loser stage in a cup?

Sounds like it's set up as a double-elimination tournament.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double-elimination_tournament

Tai Po - May 2014/15

FN65ljg.png

Tai Po

05.05.15 - Hong Kong First Division - Sun Hei v Tai Po : 1-2 : Our penultimate league game of the season saw us travel to Tsing Yi Sports Ground to face Sun Hei who have surprisingly been disappointing all season. Li Haiqiang put us into the lead from the penalty spot with his 9th goal of the season before Sun Hei replied themselves from the penalty spot to put us back on level terms. It was left up to Wei Chao to settle the game for us and hand us the victory as he hit his 17th goal of the season on 57 minutes.

09.05.15 - Hong Kong First Division - Tai Po v South China : 0-1 : We ended our season with a defeat to South China as we finished the season, remarkably finishing in 3rd place and qualifying for an Asian Qualification spot! :D

23.05.15 - Asian Qualification Semi Final - Kitchee v Tai Po : 2-0 : Our great league performance this season meant that we had a chance to play in next seasons Asian Confederation Cup if we could win the qualification phase…to do that we first had to beat Kitchee…but we didn’t as they defeated us after extra time to go on and face Yokohama (HK) in the final. It was Yokohama (HK) who won the qualification place as they defeated Kitchee.

May League Table : So the final 2 games saw us win one and lose one as we finished 3rd, finishing 19 points ahead of my final points aim.

Tai Po - Season Review 2014/15

FN65ljg.png

Tai Po

Hong Kong First Division/Hong Kong First Division progress : A truly amazing 1st season for us in the HK First Division as we confounded our pre-season predictions of a relegation battle! My only aim was to reach the 20 point mark and with that avoid relegation so to finish so high up and finish with 19 more points than what I wanted is a great achievement for us.

Hong Kong FA Cup : Kitchee ended our journey as they beat us in the Quarter Final.

Hong Kong League Cup : A strange situation for us as we were knocked out then we were back in and then we lost the final because we were the lowest seeded team.

Hong Kong Senior Shield : South China ended our journey in the Senior Shield as they beat us 2-1 in the Quarter Final.

Transfers : Quite a lot of activity for us as we signed 19 players and let 13 players leave as I reconstructed the squad in a bid to avoid an immediate return to the 2nd Division.

Squad : (I forgot to take a screen shot) The squad defied all pre-season predictions as we finished an incredible 3rd in the league whilst also making it to the League Cup final! While obviously all of the players had an amazing season our 2 stand out players were almost certainly Li Haiqiang who rolled back the years and Wei Chao who had a very impressive 1st season with us as he notched 17 goals in 23 games for us.

Finances : For everything that’s going well on the pitch for us, this area is probably our main and most important worry as we made a huge loss. However, the majority of our losses were due to what I can only describe as “bug” in the game as I was unable to cancel my scouts from scouting (I couldn’t even terminate their contracts) as the scouting costs rocketed up and put us in the situation we’re now in. I can only hop that this “bug” rectifies itself next season or we could well find ourselves in administration :(.

My views of the season… : Apart from the main financial worry, an absolutely amazing season for us as a relegation battle wasn’t even a factor for us.

My aims for next season… : While we have to build on our terrific performance, it’s going to be difficult to top especially when we’ll no doubt be restricted further more next season as our wage bill will be cut meaning I won’t be able to add the quality and depth that we need.

Career Summary

Season   Team               League          		              Position   Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15  Tai Po             Hong Kong First Division                    3rd      -

Tai Po - Pre-Season 2015/16

FN65ljg.png

Tai Po

League expectation

-------------------------

Hong Kong First Division : Board expectation - Mid table : Media expectation - 9th (out of 12)

Cup expectations

---------------------

Hong Kong FA Cup : Quarter Final

Hong Kong FA Cup : Quarter Final

Hong Kong Senior Challenge Shield : Not important

Transfer budget : £0k

Wage budget : £5.5k p/w

Current wage bill : £6k p/w

Season tickets sold : 0

My views for the season ahead… : After such an incredible season last year, it’s going to be tough to match that this season, especially as we have no transfer budget and our wage budget had been cut. But, thankfully the media and our board are only expecting a mid table finish from us so there isn’t a lot of pressure on us this season. However, it’d be nice to match last seasons 3rd place finish :).

It's nearly as confusing as the MLS...eh rancer ;)

I don't watch college baseball! :D

I noticed during my time in HK that scouting costs were very high too, but I was able to cancel scouting assignments at least.

Hopefully the current team is good enough to stay mid table at least.

So ... completely easy to understand. ;)

Drafts...first picks...play-offs...:confused:. I don't think i'll ever get it

Tough being so close to the League Cup after your second chance.

Yeah, it was disappointing but I suppose to make it that far especially in my first season has to be seen as a positive...or so I'm telling myself! :)

Tai Po - August 2015/16

FN65ljg.png

Tai Po

09.08.15 - Friendly - Tai Po v Kwai Tsing : 5-2 : We began our pre-season with a visit from Kwai Tsing as we showed as superiority by beating them 5-2 with goals from Au Yeung Wai, Cheng Jin, Wei Chao, Chan Wai Ho and Emmanuel John.

15.08.15 - Friendly - Tai Po v Wan Chai : 2-1 : Our 2nd pre-season friendly saw us struggle to overcome a weak Wan Chai side as we managed to nick the win with a minute remaining.

22.08.15 - Friendly - Tai Po v Fukien : 2-0 : Our final pre-season game saw a former FM team of mine, Fukien, make the trip to Tai Po Sports Ground as we played a lot better than our last game as we beat them 2-0 despite not having the lions share of possession.

29.08.15 - Hong Kong First Division - Kitchee v Tai Po : 1-1 : Our league campaign began with a very tough game away at Kitchee as the pre-match odds gave us no chance of getting anything from the game. However, we took the lead through veteran Li Haiqiang after 24 minutes as we looked to upset the odds. We couldn’t hang on though as Alexander Akande restored parity for the home the side but we managed to hang on to take a very good point back with us.

August League Table : I know there’s no point in looking at the table after just one game but I’ll post it anyway :). A very good point for us away at Kitchee sees us sit 8th in the league as title favourites Rangers (HKG) and South China start off with wins in the league.

We managed to make a few signings this month despite having no budget and a reduced wage budget as Li Ka Chun, Liu Yusheng and former South China youngster Felipe all joined us on free transfers.

Tai Po - September 2015/16

FN65ljg.png

Tai Po

11.09.15 - Hong Kong First Division - Tai Po v Sun Hei : 1-0 : We fought out a tough game against Sun Hei as we grabbed our first win of the season thanks to Wei Chao’s 1st goal of the season, 10 minutes from time.

19.09.15 - Hong Kong First Division - Rangers (HKG) v Tai Po : 1-2 : A superb result for us away at defending champions Rangers (HKG) thanks to goals from Emmanuel John and Wei Chao :D.

27.09.15 - Hong Kong First Division - Tai Po v Southern District : 0-0 : We finished the month off with a less than entertaining 0-0 with Southern District but it means that we remain unbeaten after 4 games.

September League Table : 2 wins (one coming away at defending champions Rangers (HKG)) and a draw sees us continue our impressive start to the season as we sit 2nd in the league, 2 points behind Sun Pegasus.

Tai Po - October 2015/16

FN65ljg.png

Tai Po

02.10.15 - Hong Kong First Division - Tai Po v Happy Valley : 2-0 : Wei Chao’s 3rd goal of the season and Yu Jianfeng’s 1st goal of the season saw us claim another victory as we disposed of Happy Valley with relative ease.

18.10.15 - Hong Kong First Division - Yokohama (HK) v Tai Po : 1-0 : Yokohama (HK) inflicted our 1st defeat of the season on us as they dominated the game as we finished the game with 10 men after Chan Cham Hei was shown 2 yellow cards.

24.10.15 - Hong Kong First Division - Sun Pegasus v Tai Po : 0-1 : We were back to winning ways thanks to Wei Chao’s 4th goal of the season as we racked up our 4th win of the season against early pace setters Sun Pegasus.

27.10.15 - Hong Kong First Division - Tai Po v Citizen : 3-1 : We raced into a 2-0 lead as Bai He scored his 1st goal of the season and Wei Chao netted his 5th of the season as we went in at half time looking fairly comfortable. We came out in the 2nd half looking just as comfortable but Citizen managed to pull a goal back 12 minutes from time to give us a nervy ending to the game. New signing Felipe though put to bed any hopes of the away side claiming a point as he hit his 1st goal of the season and the winner as we ran out 3-1 winners.

October League Table : 9 points out of a possible 12 this month sees us climb to the top of the table as we sit 2 points clear of Southern District.

Tai Po - November 2015/16

FN65ljg.png

Tai Po

07.11.15 - Hong Kong First Division - Tai Po v South China : 2-1 : We flew into a 1-0 lead as Wei Chao smashed in his 6th goal of the season but South China were soon back on level terms as Yung Kwok Leung put the ball into his own net. Emmanuel John put us back into the lead 7 minutes before half time as we managed to keep the score at 2-1 to go on and claim a famous victory against Hong Kong’s most successful side. It did come at a price though as Wei Chao injured his elbow which will keep him out for 2 weeks but he shouldn’t miss a game.

November League Table : Just one game for us this month which saw us claim a superb win against a surprisingly struggling South China side sees us extend our lead at the top of the table to 3 points :D.

Tai Po - December 2015/16

FN65ljg.png

Tai Po

01.12.15 - League Cup Main Stage 2nd Round - Tai Po v Southern District : 0-0 (5-3 pens) : For the 2nd season in a row we met Southern District at this stage of the competition and for the 2nd season in a row it took penalties to separate us as once again we defeated them on pens to progress to the next round.

05.12.15 - Senior Shield Quarter Final - Tai Po v Tuen Mun : 2-1 : An unbelievable end of the game for us as for 88 minutes we looked lackluster and uninterested as we were 1-0 down after 39 minutes. Filipe snatched a goal back for us though a minute before full time and then 2 minutes into stoppage time, Wei Chao nicked the win for us as we made it through to the next round :D

27.12.15 - Senior Shield Semi Final - Sun Pegasus v Tai Po : 2-1 : We raced into the lead thanks to Wei Chao’s 8th goal of the season as we looked on course to reach the final. But a goal from Shintaro Shimizu and a comedy own goal from our keeper saw us crash out of the cup as Sun Pegasus progress to the final.

December League Table : No league game for us this month so we stay top by 3 points. The games that we did play were all in the cups as we made it to the League Cup Quarter Final while we beat Tuen Mun in the Senior Shield Quarter Final but lost to Sun Pegasus in the Semi Final.

Tai Po - January 2015/16

FN65ljg.png

Tai Po

03.01.16 - Hong Kong First Division - Eastern v Tai Po : 2-3 : Back to league action for us as we kicked the new year off with a visit to **** Kok Stadium as we took on Eastern. We fell behind twice in this game as, not for the first time this season, we managed to rescue the win in the last few minutes :).

16.01.16 - League Cup Main Stage Quarter Final - Tai Po v Sun Pegasus : 0-1 : Sun Pegasus made the trip to Siu Sai Wan Sports Ground as for the 2nd time this season they beat us in the cup. However, as I learnt last season, exiting this competition doesn’t mean the end as we go into the Loser Stage of the competition so technically we could still make the final.

24.01.16 - Hong Kong First Division - Tuen Mun v Tai Po : 1-2 : As is always the case, an old player came back to haunt us as Mike Hampshire put the home side in front 2 minutes before the break. We responded well though as Li Haiqiang immediately replied with his 2nd goal of the season before Emmanuel John sealed the win for us 11 minutes from full time with his 3rd goal of the season.

30.01.16 - Hong Kong First Division - Sun Hei v Tai Po : 1-0 : Maybe we were getting slightly ahead of ourselves considering the fantastic first half of the season we’ve had as Sun Hei, who haven’t been pulling up any trees this season resigned us to our 2nd league defeat of the season.

January League Table : 2 wins and a defeat in the league this month keeps us at the top of the league as we extend our lead by another point as we now sit 4 points ahead of Sun Pegasus. Our other game this month saw us lose in the League Cup Main Stage Quarter Final but that doesn’t mean the end for us as we now have a game in the Loser Stage of the cup so we could still go far in the competition.

Tai Po - February 2015/16

FN65ljg.png

Tai Po

04.02.16 - League Cup Loser Stage 3rd Round - Tai Po v Sun Hei : 0-0 (7-8 pens) : With Sun Pegasus knocking us out at the Main Stage Quarter Final Stage, we faced Sun Hei in the Loser Stage 3rd Round so we could still make it to the final. It was a game of few chances as unsurprisingly it ended 0-0 leaving the winner to be decided on penalties. Unfortunately the winner wasn’t us as we lost 8-7 on penalties as we definitely exit the competition now.

07.02.16 - Hong Kong First Division - Tai Po v Kitchee : 0-2 : Games against Kitchee are always difficult and this game was no different as they easily beat us 2-0 to subject us to our 2nd consecutive league defeat.

19.02.16 - Hong Kong First Division - Southern District v Tai Po : 1-1 : Southern District continued to deny us a win as they held us to a draw meaning that it’s now 4 games in all competitions without a win.

27.02.16 - Hong Kong First Division - Tai Po v Yokohama (HK) : 3-0 : We finally got our first win in a month as a goal from Wei Chao, his 11th of the season and a brace from Emmanuel John, his 6th goal of the season, gave us a convincing 3-0 win. Not for the first time this season though, it did come at a price as Wei Chao picked up an injury which will sideline him for a month :(.

February League Table : A win, a loss and a draw in the league for us this month sees us surrender our place at the summit of the table as Sun Pegasus overtake us by 2 points, although we do have a game in hand. Not good news in the cup either as Sun Hei sent us packing in the League Cup…coupled with Wei Chao’s injury which will keep him out for a month, it’s not been a great month!

Tai Po - March 2015/16

FN65ljg.png

Tai Po

05.03.16 - Hong Kong First Division - Happy Valley v Tai Po : 1-4 : March began with a flurry of goals for us as we battered strugglers Happy Valley 4-1 thanks to an own goal from Anthony Nyatepe, Au Yeung Wai and a brace from Emmanuel John.

12.03.16 - Hong Kong First Division - Tai Po v Sun Pegasus : 2-0 : A massive top of the table clash between ourselves and Sun Pegasus saw us reclaim top spot in the league thanks to a superb opening goal from Yu Jianfeng and another great strike from our captain Au Yeung Wai :D.

22.03.16 - Hong Kong First Division - Tai Po v Rangers (HKG) : 1-1 : We ended the month with another massive game as we welcomed 3rd place and last seasons champions Rangers (HKG) to our place. I’d of taken a point before kick-off so to hold them to a draw is a more than pleasing result.

March League Table : 2 wins and a draw which included playing both 2nd and 3rd sees us climb back to the top of the table as we open up a 5 point gap on Sun Pegasus with just 4 games remaining. I did think that we’d struggle this month with no Wei Chao to score our goals but the players that have come in have stepped up with even Cheng Jin finally getting his 1st goal of the season!

Archived