Why why why??????

So freaking angry with this game. In third season with spurs, halfway through, having finished 2nd twice in Prem. After a cracking 13 game winning streak in all comps, we come up against a Rampant Man City who are running away with the league already, we, are 2nd, 8 pts behind. After a terrible 1st half we are 3-0 behind, I give the team an aggressive "I expect to see a much better performance 2nd half" team talk and going to attacking mentality we remarkably end the game with a 3-3 draw after which I congratulate the players on a great comeback......... And that's where the trouble begins........

12 out of my 14 players used react really badly to the team talk and confidence drops, we have since played 7, drawn 7 and conceded in every game and confidence is getting worse and worse with every game. And it is this that's made me mad. Why would confidence drop after a cracking comeback???

I'm trying everything to get moral up but we are stuck in a rut and it looks more like we will eventually lose than win a game. What on earth is going on with moral???

I've played a few games since the man city game, after my run of draws I suddenly hammered Norwich 4-0 in the cup and have won 6 in a row again. It just seems morale can be overly affected by the wrong team talk at times and cause a slump, whereas after praising the team on a magnificent comeback should really have had no real affect on moral or raise it. Not dropping it.

It may have an effect on the players because they didn't think the performance was good enough to receive praise for it. The team talk feedback screen would have helped here.

Unless you get the team talk spectacularly wrong, like slamming them aggressively when they won 4-0, it won't cause a slump all by itself.

It may have an effect on the players because they didn't think the performance was good enough to receive praise for it. The team talk feedback screen would have helped here.

Unless you get the team talk spectacularly wrong, like slamming them aggressively when they won 4-0, it won't cause a slump all by itself.

It shouldn't affect them for 7 games running though..this is a team that's come 2nd in the league the last two seasons.

Morale>players-acting-like-children needs tweaking for fm15 as it's a complete gamebreaker for me and fm14 is the first version I have found to be unplayable. (been playing since CM2)

We're managing a football club not a créche!!!

It shouldn't affect them for 7 games running though..this is a team that's come 2nd in the league the last two seasons.

Morale>players-acting-like-children needs tweaking for fm15 as it's a complete gamebreaker for me and fm14 is the first version I have found to be unplayable. (been playing since CM2)

Ugh...

I should have clarified my post that you quoted, obviously. Unless you're an absolute tool, trying your utmost to upset the players, you're not going to lose a game just because of a team talk. That's one game. It's not going to cause 7, unless you're trying to be an idiot in all 7. If you criticise them for winning 3-0, they're going to lose confidence in you. Maybe the first time you do it. Maybe the second. It'll affect their performances, because they think you should be in a mental hospital, yet here you are giving them tactical instructions and trying to motivate them as their boss.

As for calling it unplayable? Grow up. Morale and team talks work. There's a specific feedback screen for it for the occasions you're not sure why the reacted in the way they did. If you have specific situations where it isn't working as intended, please post it in the bugs forum and upload your save. On the whole, it works.

How is this reaction different to how players act (according to you) in FM? You'd be surprised how reasonable the players are regarding team talks. The feedback screen is shows us exactly that. You can screw up team talks on purpose and still win games too. I should know.

EDIT: TL;DR : It didn't affect them for 7 games.

Are dizzyp and DizzyPenguin one and the same?

I can confirm we are not the same person. Things improved dramatically and we finished 2nd again. Man City are a machine in this saved game. Won league by 19 points and lost once all season. 3 2nds in a row... 4th time lucky??

Archived