FM14 - Giacommo Peroni - He's on his way to Glory

Generation-Next

Introduction

So many times I've attempted to do a career write up for the forum, but so many times it's ended in failure. Whether it be that I've lost interest in the save, or I go through a period of not playing FM for whatever reason.

Well I need to start cracking on with something that will keep me interested while on nights. 12 hours of playing and writing up for here a few nights a week. Should get me through.

I never use my real name for these things, instead I go for something a little different. If I'm French, I'll use the French translation of my name - Jacques - Then add something that the country is known for. So my French managers name is Jacques Renault :brock:

Giacommo is my name in Italian and I like a good pint of Peroni now and again.

So going for the standard stuff, Semi-pro to start, holiday until jobs are offered etc etc.

Here's what leagues are loaded

South Africa - NFD (2nd tier)

China - Jia League (2nd tier)

USA - MLS

England - League 2

France - Championnat National

Germany - 2. Bundeliga

Italy - Serie B

Portugal - Liga2 Cabovisao

Russia - FNL (2nd tier)

Spain - Liga Adelante

Ukraine - Persha Liha (2nd tier)

Australia - A-League

Argentina - Nacional B

Brazil - Brasileirao Serie BThere's around 74,000 people in that database, so should be sufficient for me to have an enjoyable game.

My ambitions for this game are to travel the world, it's not necessarily going to be a journeyman save, but if a team/country/league intrigues me then I'll give it a go. Another ambition is to keep the save going! Not quitting after a season or whatever.

Away I go.

​And so we begin our journey.

2bhsa9Q.jpg

I've had a brilliant save going previously with MattieCoopz online in Portugal and really enjoyed it. So after being on holiday for only a matter of 5 seconds, this was the first team that asked me to attend an interview.

CF_Uniao__Uniao_da_Madeira_-logo-D13B84DCE8-seeklogo_com.gif

Uniao da Madeira

Full Name: Clube de Futebol Uniao

Stadium: Estadio Municipal do Machico (3,300 all-seater)

4aaZMXG.jpg

Apparently they're a club with 'a lot of history' according to the board meeting. 7 trophies! woooo.

Pretty terrible facilities so I don't think I can rely on building youth it's going to be down to making some signings. With the £0 transfer budget I have.

VOQm1ee.jpg

TThykg3.jpg

There is a solid base of players there, so I don't think that there will be many transfers made. Maybe a few loans here and there and we'll be set.

CF_Uniao__Uniao_da_Madeira_-logo-D13B84DCE8-seeklogo_com.gif

Preseason & August 2013

I had what I thought was a very good start to my Uniao career. I managed to sign some lads on loan from Brazil, but Miguel Fidaglo who was already at the club has been the best player for me. He's an absolute goal machine.

When I arrived there was some friendlies already set up. I tried to make some more but there was only 1 team who was up for a friendly so I just left it as it was. Here are the results from that.

MChlKrp.jpg

Conceding only 1 goal in pre-season made me happy. It shows that I have a strong squad who are good defensively but can also go on and score a fair amount of goals (albeit against not brilliant opposition)

Next we go on to the

Taca da Liga (league cup)

In Portugal, you have to go through a group of 4 or 5 teams, where two progress to the knock-outs. I was stuck in the group of 5.

All of the teams in my group were from Liga2 (my league)

kIYbSMi.jpg

MP9qprS.jpg

Absolutely powered through the group. I only lost the last one due to me resting players after guaranteeing my place in the next stage, and with the league starting a few days after I rested the lads.

I've got Setubal of the top division in the knockouts, which are all 2 legged affairs.

Liga2 Cabovisao

My media prediction for this year is 6th. The chairman is only after a mid table finish though. With the players I already had to hand and the lads I've loaned in, I think I can finish higher than 6th. Here are the results.

2ZQDFlm.jpg

A solid start. Disappointing against Santa Clara. Which is all that can be said about that. Miguel Fidaglo scored at least 1 goal in all the other games in the league.

mFzSNbZ.jpg

Currently above media prediction. I'd like to keep it that way.

Onwards to September.

Archived