A suggestion to improve football manager.

My suggestion to improve FM-

While not all of us take on international management I'm sure you'll all agree when or if you do its somewhat boring. As its hard to keep track of new emerging talent, from U19's upwards at club and international level. The interactions as well don't help you out. Can't inform a player to move clubs if he's not playing. I'm not right up to date with up dates on the new FM15, nor have i actually had a recent international experience to go off, of.

I suggest that their is a major overhaul of the international chat, and for that fact club management interactions also. For example, 2014 you happen to begin as the manager of a national side. Regens enter the game after a couple of years, and are slowly your in a new generation of international talent. Most of your top players have retired and your losing control of the overwhelming regens which have entered. Personally the task of keeping track of the players is huge.

The over haul would be that for instance your under 21 manager or 19's manager would enter into a chat and inform you that such and such is having a great season and have preformed consistently at 21's/19's. I feel you should conceder him in your next squad. I also think this should happen with club managers, who feel a player should be considered to be brought into the squad, or when they have a future international star, or wonder kid. I feel this happens in real life. Loads of communication and i feel strongly this would be beneficial to each and everyone of us. Im more than certain this will go down well with most of us fm gamers. I'm more than happy for you guys to comment and leave a suggestion also to this.

I think it could also help if you could have dialog with the countries top bosses (Football association). By helping put money into grass root level to enhance the development and keep emerging talent coming through Or by asking them to get more income by renewing or searching for a better TV deal or international top sponsorship.

Too much detail by myself? maybe but i feel this would bring international management too the next level.

I agree with this, unless i have the player myself at club level i don't know the good upcoming regens without having to search every club myself in detail, FM should make it easier for us through interaction, would raise the importance of having knowledgeable staff too - also you used to be able to say to someone to move to a bigger club or get more football but now you can't, it's disappointing

I wouldn't say it's hard to find young talent for the international team. You simply watch the games of your U21/U19 games and watch a lot of club matches, like a real manager would do. This also gets rid of some of the boredom as you are watching lots of matches.

I wouldn't say it's hard to find young talent for the international team. You simply watch the games of your U21/U19 games and watch a lot of club matches, like a real manager would do. This also gets rid of some of the boredom as you are watching lots of matches.

Hodgson begs to differ.

What's actually needed is a 'two XI roster' system.

When you manage an International squad you're given the national pool and you may access two-three starting elevens on the screen (going from left to right like the 'squad depth' page.

You add and delete players from this screen as you so desire. As you add a player to it, you give them an 'international status' - this would be invisible because the last thing we need is more broken player interaction whinging about their status. It's cosmetic, and it's for your benefit only. So I could put Rooney as an FC and a 'key player' for England, but put Walcott down as a 'rotation/third choice' for the winger position.

This way, when injuries disrupt the squad or suspension comes calling, when you load up the squad selection it'll show your three XI's and who is suspended and who is injured and you can simply call up the replacement. Then when the next squad comes calling, you have the list of players available and can simply re-call the players who were injured.

Alongside this would be an 'average' star rating given by your assistant. For internationals I think the assistant should be given 'automatic' knowledge - to represent that he's been given the reports of your scouting team (Say you scout the Prem, U21, U18, Championship) - these reports should go through the assistant as well as you, allowing the assistant to give you a rough estimate in 'ability stars' of how good a player is. You can then cut all the crap from the squad, keep an eye on players who are 'declining' and tag 'potential stars' in your third 'squad list'.

That should simplify a lot of the issues with Internationals. And you shouldn't be using all three 'squads' btw, I mean taking England for example you'll be hard pressed to get a backup XI after two years because of the age gap and the fact the club teams don't tend to play youth that often!

Archived