Agent Ownerships

How do agents who part own players value their stake?

Ive just found a player who is 19 and has around 18 months left on his contract of £3.2k p/w. The game values him at £1.6m, yet the agent is demanding (according to my scout report) £925k for his 10% :confused:

My scouts rate him as 4.5 stars potential for my San Marino side in the Serie A, and he says he could be a leading Serie A CD in the future (currently leading Serie B)

I think his contract is only for the 90% thats with the club, I don't think there is a time limit as such on agent ownership.

Value in game means little but even as a guideline 10% of £1.6m is £160k so asking £925k suggests he doesn't want to sell. He is also probably aware that the player has huge potential and could easily be a £10m player in the future so 10% of that is £1m which isn't far off what he is asking.

I don't know if agents negotiate but if they are anything like clubs I would imagine you can get the £925k down to around £600k over time.

That would make sense, I wasnt planning on signing him either way but Im going to put in an offer, maybe his club will negotiate up to around £10m which might suggest the agent knows how much the club will accept for the player.

Thanks fo the reply

EDIT:

I bid £5m upfront, they negotiated to £6.25m upfront with £1.3mover 12 months, so a total of £7.5m of which 10% would be £750k - not really that far off of what the agent is asking for. He likes his players to remain at their clubs aswell

Archived