Two places can I be at the same time? Should this be fixed?

Mid-December, and my team's playing in the Club World Championship in Seoul, South Korea. Quite a big deal, even though I don't technically know HOW we got in there (Must have been winning the Champions Cup the previous year). Anyways, I'm also scheduled to watch a match featuring 5 of my Scottish National team players back in England the same day. Somehow, I am able to attend the game in England AND manage the Championship final game in Korea the same day, which seems unrealistic. I've had several of these instances where I've had to manage two games in widely-separated locations within hours of each other (international friendly and league or continental competition). I mean...I'm GOOD, but I'm not that fast.

I just tell myself, if I'm managing a country and a club and there's two matches in the same day, either the fixture gets rescheduled a day forward or back, or I've given one of my assistants very specific instructions which make me not being there not a problem.

Plus time zones can make some 'same day' matches possible.

I just tell myself, if I'm managing a country and a club and there's two matches in the same day, either the fixture gets rescheduled a day forward or back, or I've given one of my assistants very specific instructions which make me not being there not a problem.

Plus time zones can make some 'same day' matches possible.

Even if I caught a space-plane over the pole this would have been a difficult ask. I was managing the Senegal national team in the African cup and had to hold a press conference back in Scotland the same day (I'm hoping it was by Skype.) It just seems like the game should point out the conflict and ask you if you'd rather manage your team in an international competition or go watch a game on the other side of the planet that day.

Archived