I want a new challenge, best way to get a job?

Didn't know what to title this :D

Basically I started with and still am currently PSV. Won the league/domestic cup first season, won the league/final of domestic cup/champions league semi's in the second season.

The league is too easy, and as much as I want to challenge for Europe with them... I want a new challenge in preferably Germany next. I never change jobs on any of my saves, I am always a sucker for one team saves, so no idea how I go about finding a new job.

Is it a case of applying for jobs when there is sackings, or is it waiting to be approached? Or do I resign now (end of second season) and wait for a job to pop up? I also want to take my backroom staff with me, I suppose that only happens when you go directly into a new job?

Sorry for all the questions :D I don't know what to do, any help will be appreciated thanks!

If you are desperate for a change then resign and apply for jobs is the way to go.

You need to consider your rep though, is it high enough to go for the jobs you want?

I've also come to the conclusion that when you attend interviews your answers matter, the more you agree with what the board are looking for the more likely you are to be offered the job.

EDIT

I usually holiday between jobs with "Apply for all ticked" and return when offered job/interview to save time.

Don't take the chance of waiting to be approached. Apply for the jobs you want. Consider your rep and the club's rep too. I was offered a job, because I lied through my teeth and accepted their philosophies and even said I'd work with smaller budgets! It got me the job and I made a step up, but I had to really fight to keep it with the lack of funds through my own doing.

Cheers lads, didn't think about my rep.

I was happy to move from PSV CL semi-finalists/league winners to a mid/lower Bundesliga team. Want to win a league titles in most European countries on this save :)

Cheers lads, didn't think about my rep.

I was happy to move from PSV CL semi-finalists/league winners to a mid/lower Bundesliga team. Want to win a league titles in most European countries on this save :)

Whats your rep?

If you can get it to "Continental" you shouldn't have a problem getting jobs. TBH off the top of my head I would expect you getting offered jobs in the bottom half of the Bundesliga given your success but I'm not 100%.

Archived