Eastern Conquest - Emperor of Asia

ashton321

lW9_X7Y_D0yP0Sl_f3UfvDl72eJkfbmt4t8yenImKBVvK0kTmF0xjctABnaLJIm9

I have had a tough time with FM 2014 I have not seemed to be able to settle in anywhere. I have grown tiresome of the drudgery of the European Leagues and European Football. I have begun to find the game slightly boring. I have spent the last week squirreled away in my house reading some of the older career threads to try and provide some inspiration. I came across a thread by Raware which I think has been mentioned a couple of times recently by other people and I wondered how it had slipped me by.

I immediately opened it and was immersed in the pure craziness that is Asian Football. I suddenly felt reinvigorated and that I could jump into a save. I have been doing a little bit of reviewing the Asian Leagues this year and noticed the lack of dynamic league rep affecting the Asian Qualifying system, I also noted that the old style Asia Cup would not get you into the Champions League which has been the mainstay of the Asian Challenge ran so wonderfully by Rancer. I have been assured that all should return to normal next year.

So for my set up, all Asian leagues out of the box save for Singapore have been loaded. For some reason Singapore do not qualify for Asian Qualification (any help or guidance on this would be greatly appreciated, I am looking at you Rancer) and that will play a quiet a big role in my save. I may load it up later on but for now it will not be in. The aim is to just have fun across Asia really, I don’t want to set myself targets or aims but just have fun. I would like to win the World Cup with an Asian team but other than that I have no real aims.

I will begin unemployed in the July of 2013, this means that some of the leagues will soon be coming to a close whilst others would have just began, I felt that this would be the best time to start this new and exciting save.

Trophy Cabinet

2015 - Malaysian Premier League - Kuala Lumpur

2016 - Malaysian Premier League - Kuala Lumpur

2019 - Singapore Cup - Warrior FC

2020 - Asian Challenge Cup - Singapore

2020 - AFF Championship - Singapore

2022 - WAFF Championship - Jordan

So I began unemployed and began to holiday applying for all and any jobs that came up. I got a lot of interest from the Chinese Jia League for some reason. I did consider them but I felt that I needed to earn my stripes in a more obscure league first. I got interview requests from Indonesia and Malaysia mainly with the odd Honk Kong job thrown into the mix.

Kuala_Lumpur_FA_Logo.png

Unfortunately these interviews did not turn into offers until Kuala Lumpur offered me a job in November. They had just finished their season and there 71 year old manager had decided to retire after leading them to a 10th place finish in the Premier League (2nd level in Malaysia). The finances seemed in dire straights and as the season was due to start in a little over 6 weeks I would need to act fast. I seriously considered turning the job down but then I read a little about them.

In the late 80s they were a real force in Malaysia and even made a mark on the Asian stage by getting to the semi finals of the Champions League in 87 and 89. Since then they have dropped like a stone, they had some fleeting success in the late 90s but nothing compared to the decade before.

I decided to take the job and immediately felt a connection with the club. I really like the idea of managing a club from a huge city that has so much potential to become a fantastic team. In all honesty a city like Kuala Lumpur could finance an amazing team and I would like to build something like that here.

SEASON PREVIEW

Board Expectations – They would like me to steer clear of relegation

Media Prediction – 10th

My Expectations – I don’t really have any as this is a whole new thing for me. I would suggest that survival would be great and that’s about it.

Malyasian FA Cup – Be competitive

My Expectations – I am not sure again, maybe win at least one game.

Transfer Budget - £0.00

Wage Budget - £3,500 per week currently £4,100 per week.

Good luck in Malaysia - am currently playing an Iran save and enjoying it greatly; like you, I got a little bored with the European main leagues so am trying a journeyman save of Asia/Oceania/South & North America, areas I dont usually play

I've seen Albirex's Singapore satellite team qualify for the AFC Cup? I'll take a look into it on my save.

Malaysia is a fun league from what I remember (it was FM10 last time I've been there). Short season as well so things go by fast.

Kuala Lumpur seems like one of those teams that need to be brought back to glory, AFC Cup glory at least. Good luck.

Good luck in Malaysia - am currently playing an Iran save and enjoying it greatly; like you, I got a little bored with the European main leagues so am trying a journeyman save of Asia/Oceania/South & North America, areas I dont usually play

Sounds good what is the talent like in Oceania?

Iran usually have some quality players in the saves I play.

I do like playing in the South American Leagues but a lot of them take an age to finish, I think Mexico, Colombia and Brazil are the worst offenders.

I've seen Albirex's Singapore satellite team qualify for the AFC Cup? I'll take a look into it on my save.

Malaysia is a fun league from what I remember (it was FM10 last time I've been there). Short season as well so things go by fast.

Kuala Lumpur seems like one of those teams that need to be brought back to glory, AFC Cup glory at least. Good luck.

It will be interesting to see as when I looked at the qualification table it definitely showed no spots.

I am looking forward to Asia next year with the reverting to the old style of Champions League qualification for the smaller nations. I think I will next year have a real go at your challenge again.

Nice to see you starting an Asian save ashton321 and I'm happy that reading one of my old threads has inspired you. Was it my Way of the Dragon thread that you read? I did have a couple more Asian saves that I did, "From Hong Kong With Love" and "Champions of Asia? No Fukien Chance!" but unfortunately for some reason the screen shots were deleted :(. Shame really as my updates were in the style of a newspaper.

Is this right about next years FM reverting to the old style of Champions League qualification for the smaller nations? If so, this would be great news (as rancer knows) because the current in game system for qualification from the AFC to ACC is a little mixed up. I too look forward to it then :D

I had a great few Asian saves which saw me play in Hong Kong, China, Australia, Singapore and South Korea and I hope that you too have just as much fun in this save :thup:. I'll be following.

It will be interesting to see as when I looked at the qualification table it definitely showed no spots.

I am looking forward to Asia next year with the reverting to the old style of Champions League qualification for the smaller nations. I think I will next year have a real go at your challenge again.

I have no idea but there are definitely two Singapore teams in the AFC Cup.

Kuala Lumpur - Season 2014 - Mid Season Update

Kuala_Lumpur_FA_Logo.png

Malaysian Premier League / Fixtures : It has been a tough season for us so far. We began well with a really good win in our opening game and I thought that it may be a relative walk in the park for us. How wrong I was as we lost our next 4 games. We then recorded another win which was vital as I felt that it may be a relegation struggle for us this year, I was shocked to realise that this was in the cup. I have not won a game since and have only recorded a couple of draws to try and get us out of the drop zone but it was not happening for us.

Next half of the season is going to be a tough one but I hope I have enough to stay in the league but I am not sure. I will stay here till the end of the year and ideally past that but obviously that if we get relegated I wont be in a job much longer. I will not however leave this sinking ship.

Nice to see you starting an Asian save ashton321 and I'm happy that reading one of my old threads has inspired you. Was it my Way of the Dragon thread that you read? I did have a couple more Asian saves that I did, "From Hong Kong With Love" and "Champions of Asia? No Fukien Chance!" but unfortunately for some reason the screen shots were deleted :(. Shame really as my updates were in the style of a newspaper.

Is this right about next years FM reverting to the old style of Champions League qualification for the smaller nations? If so, this would be great news (as rancer knows) because the current in game system for qualification from the AFC to ACC is a little mixed up. I too look forward to it then :D

I had a great few Asian saves which saw me play in Hong Kong, China, Australia, Singapore and South Korea and I hope that you too have just as much fun in this save :thup:. I'll be following.

It was that one is was an excellent read. I have even stole your style hope you don't mind.

I have no idea but there are definitely two Singapore teams in the AFC Cup.

Odd I will have another look

It was that one is was an excellent read. I have even stole your style hope you don't mind.

Of course not.

Tough season so far but take heart that it's only halfway through the season. I think in my first season I was bottom at the halfway mark but managed to pull it around and survive by a few points. There's plenty of time.

Kuala Lumpur - Season 2014 - End of Season Update

Kuala_Lumpur_FA_Logo.png

Malaysian Premier League/Graph/Fixtures : A much better second half of the season as we changed the tactics slightly to add strength at the back in the end it seemed to work. We went into the last two games knowing that one win and a point would be good enough. We got the win against our relegation rivals which was absolutely vital. The last game was a good result but we were safe. I don't want to have to go through this again.

Malaysian FA Cup : We won a game and we lost a game better than I had expected.

Transfers : Non of the ins were mine and will not be renewed next year. The outs were here to stop the drop off of money. I am not sure I will get a chance to change the squad much in the off season.

Finances : Bloody terrible, not much I can do much about it. We are loosing money hand over fist and I would hope that in the coming years we would be able to stop this but not for a while.

Stars

Muhd Syafwen Mohd Syahian - When we changed the tactics he really thrived and was fantastic

Azizon Abdul Kabir - A goal keeper was one of our stars of the season this really shown how poor we were as he was not that great throughout the season. Will more than likely be replaced.

Nur Arif Nor Azman - Not a great player by any means but has been brilliant for me this year and will be pretty important for me next year.

Career Summary

Season   Team              League          		    Position   Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2014     Kuala Lumpur      Malaysian Premier League           10th      -

Of course not.

Tough season so far but take heart that it's only halfway through the season. I think in my first season I was bottom at the halfway mark but managed to pull it around and survive by a few points. There's plenty of time.

Cheers pal, I had finished the season when I had put that update on but you were right

Kuala Lumpur - Season 2014 - Intake

Kuala_Lumpur_FA_Logo.png

324b3b03-c2c5-49fd-bc85-809ff3454dc8_zps624f772b.jpg

I am not sure if I am going to make the Intake a normal part of my updates but I had to put this one in. This is superb for us, I am really unsure as to if this shows the quality of the intake or more to show the poor standard of our current team. Needless to say I will be signing all these up and getting rid of the lot of the present players this youth players will add depth to my squad.

Kuala Lumpur - Pre Season 2015

Kuala_Lumpur_FA_Logo.png

SEASON PREVIEW

Media Prediction – 12th

My Expectations – No change from the board I expect another season of struggle.

My Expectations – I would again expect very much the same one would be good enough

Transfer Budget - £0.00

Wage Budget - £3,700 per week currently £2,000 per week.

I released 29 players in the off season so the budget is much better, I will need to bring in a few more quality players to try and make things easier for us next year.

You must of posted inbetween my posts. Things did really pick up for me, cheers mate
Yes, think I had several threads open on different tabs and must have read through those as you were posting! Good job on survival and best of luck for next season.

Kuala Lumpur - Season 2015 - Mid Season Update

Kuala_Lumpur_FA_Logo.png

Malaysian Premier League / Fixtures : Errr what, this has been a great season so far. I made a few changes in the off season with mainly players leaving to decrease the wage bill. A few loan players came in from my parent club but nothing substantial, nothing that would justify such a dramatic upturn in fortunes. We began fantastically in our opening 6 games we won 4 and drew 2. I was amazed at such a rapid start. We continued that into the second section, we eventually lost a game against a very good side who would like challenging us for the title this year.

The Cup has been somewhat a revelation aswell. We have so far beat 2 Super League teams comfortably. I am not to sure about the quarter final as that to is against a Super League side and one that is doing well so far this year.

I think all in all it leaves me with an extremely exciting second half to the season for us.

Kuala Lumpur - Season 2015 - End of Season Update

Kuala_Lumpur_FA_Logo.png

Malaysian Premier League/Graph/Fixtures : The season was fantastic, we had a little bit of a sticky patch in the middle but in the end we ran out as comfortable winners. We secured the title with three games to go. In the end of the year I blooded a few youngsters. We were excellent all year round and really smashed some clubs and looked relatively solid at the back and didn't concede as many goals as we should have done. For a team that were predicted to finish bottom, it was amazing for us to secure the title with such relative ease.

Malaysian FA Cup : We secured two great wins over some decent teams from the year above. We also came close in the next game against one of the best teams in Malaysia, we really could have won and gone on further but the quarter finals was it for us.

Transfers : Couple of decent players came into the squad to hep us no end. We got a few guys in on loan from our Feeder Club but in the end I was very happy with what we got.

Finances : Getting much better, for us. We needed to release a fair few players and as such this reduced our wage bill massively.

Stars

Muhd Syafwen Mohd Syahian - Another season of brilliance for my main frontline striker. I am confident he will continue to score at a higher level as well.

S. Jeeva - A fantastic player who came in for me and added some quality in the centre of the park. I imagine he would continue to improve now he has really sealed a starting spot for me.

Sofian Rosian - One of my loan players, I was expecting him to be good but not as good as he was. a real utility player across the back and one that has really shone for me. I will try and bring him back next year.

Career Summary

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2015     Kuala Lumpur      Malaysian Premier League           1st        Promotion

Kuala Lumpur - Pre Season 2016

Kuala_Lumpur_FA_Logo.png

SEASON PREVIEW

Media Prediction – 12th

My Expectations – No change from the board I expect another season of struggle.

My Expectations – I think I stand a chance in this I would like to get to the Semi Finals.

Transfer Budget - £18,00.00

Wage Budget - £5,900 per week currently £5,100 per week.

Flying through the seasons and already you're looking like you're getting used to the league having won it after just the 2nd season :thup:. Plans to stay in Malaysia for a while or journey around Asia?

Flying through the seasons and already you're looking like you're getting used to the league having won it after just the 2nd season :thup:. Plans to stay in Malaysia for a while or journey around Asia?

I am getting through the season because they are so short in Malaysia. I am unsure at the moment, I am leaning towards staying for a bit, but if an exciting chance was to come up I would have a look.

When are you starting your save?

Kuala Lumpur - Season 2015 - Mid Season Update

Kuala_Lumpur_FA_Logo.png

Malaysian Premier League / Fixtures : So a decent start for us, we began the campaign by beating the defending champions relatively comfortably. We have continued the decent form throughout the league season and find ourselves in a respectable position, maybe not exactly in actual league position but we have certainly recorded a decent amount of points. If things carry on this way our safety should came quickly and we should have at least another season in this league. One thing about the league is that it is incredibly open any of top 9 teams have a decent chance of the title still, which makes the league extremely fun.

The FA cup we have beaten two decent teams to get into the quarter finals again. I am confident of beating our opponents to reach our first ever semi final which would be great for us. It like the league is really open for one team to strike and win.

Kuala Lumpur - Season 2016- End of Season Update

Kuala_Lumpur_FA_Logo.png

Malaysian Premier League/Graph/Fixtures : Fantastic season for us. The season was always a really close one and one that was going to result in a tight league. We continued our decent form into the second half of the season and looked at some stage that we may have had an outside chance for the title, in the end the league and the cup run was to much for our small squad and one had to be let go. The league was the one and we didn't finish as perhaps as strongly as we could have but we still finished in a decent spot.

Malaysian FA Cup : Amazing for us, we played some of the biggest teams in Malaysia and held our own and even won the games. In the final we played the eventual winners of the league and in a very close game we managed to take it to penalties. We did well and held our nerve to record a win.

Transfers : Quiet really just added a couple more to improve the depth of the squad.

Finances : Improving year on year, would expect the same growth next year, if I am still here.

Stars

Muhd Syafwen Mohd Syahian - Another great season for a real stalwart of the club, I am hoping h will stay but he has begun asking for a move.

Muhd Hanis Mohtar - A little more than a squad player who was amazing this year, especially in the cup where he finished top goalscorer.

Azwan Mohd Yusoff - Creator in chief for us in most of our games, he was amazing this year and all honesty a player expect to continue to improve.

Career Summary

2015     Kuala Lumpur      Malaysian Premier League           1st        Promotion
2016     Kuala Lumpur      Malaysian Super League             5th       Cup Winners

Kuala Lumpur - Pre Season 2017

Kuala_Lumpur_FA_Logo.png

SEASON PREVIEW

Media Prediction – 12th

My Expectations – I want to be in the top 3

Malyasian FA Cup – 2nd Round

My Expectations – I am non to fussed to be honest as its all the league for me this year.

Transfer Budget - £0

Wage Budget - £7,200 per week currently £7,400 per week.

I decided to stay in Malaysia, I felt that I had a lot of unfinished business here. In an ideal world I am hoping to get a title here before leaving and also with the fist foray into Continental competition I felt that it was the wrong time to go. I felt like going may have been the easy option, I am happy where I am so for now I will stay here. I just hope I don't regret this decision because the offer was an excellent one.

760a13c3-574c-418c-8d84-e0d9afc4b9b6_zps7764c760.jpg

I am not having the greatest of seasons in Malaysia and the Confederation Cup has not gone that well so far, so when I was offered this job I felt like it may it be something that would be worth looking at.

In the end and after great deal of thought this would be the best job for me to take at this stage. I have loved my time in Malaysia but I think this was the right time to move on to pastures new.

Adelaide United - February 2016/17

157px-Adelaide_United_FC_logo.svg.png

SEASON PREVIEW

Board Expectations – Be competitive

Media Prediction – 6th

My Expectations – I want to at the very least reach the playoffs here in Oz

Transfer Budget - £1,300,000.00

Wage Budget - £42,000 per week currently £35,000 per week.

They have not been having the greatest of season so far and they have the potential to be much better than what they are. I think I have just about enough talent to make into the finals of the A League.

Adelaide might be a better move than Jiangsu. Everyone has money in China, but Australia has a bit more parity. And you will never get relegated so that's a plus. :D

With the way I have started good job I cant go down. My stay in Oz may not be that long if things don't improve.

Adelaide United - Season 2016/17- End of Season Update

A League/Graph/Fixtures : Not a great start for me in Aus, I took over just before the last game against the Central Coast, I got a draw in that but lost every other game.

Transfers : Just the last two ins for me who will improve the squad next year.

Finances : Not great, will look to move some players out in the off season

Stars

Anotny Golec - Decent player did well for us when I came in and he will no doubt form a vital part of our defence next year.

Carl Valeri - Player with a lot of experience who did well for us, I am unsure about keeping him.

Adam Piscioneir - Another decent centre mid player who may well be gone next year

Career Summary

2016     Kuala Lumpur      Malaysian Super League             5th       Cup Winners
2016/17  Adelaide United   A League                           9th

Adelaide United - Pre Season -2017/18

SEASON PREVIEW

Board Expectations – Be competitive

Media Prediction – 8th

My Expectations – I want to get into the play offs I think we have the squad to do it, and really anything other than that will be a failure for me.

Transfer Budget - £876,000.00

Wage Budget - £46,000 per week currently £30,000 per week.

A decent move up from the Malaysian league. It's just the A-League rules that make it a ball ache for me to play in. Hope you don't find them too restricting.

I don't mind the restrictions, I think they are ok. Enjoying my time in Oz so far.

Adelaide United - Season 2017/18 - Mid Season Update

157px-Adelaide_United_FC_logo.svg.png[

A League / Fixtures : We had a decent start in the league despite facing some very tough teams. I think the word for us this year has been inconsistent, on some days we have looked like world beaters and this was shown against Wanderers as we beat them, which was the first game that they had not won this year. Then the other end of the stick was the awful results against the Phoenix and the Mariners. We have a very young squad so it can be forgiven. I am currently looking for a bit more experience to come in and help, but I definitely think that I could have enough to get into the Finals Series, it will be close though

Adelaide United - Season 2016/17- End of Season Update

25e1c04f-ffe4-4e3e-8ece-74618cec52fc_zps8b49d76c.jpg

So I was approaching a year in the job and the board called a meeting about my performance and I was sacked. I had not had the greatest of runs but I did promise much improved performance but it did not seem good enough for them.

I am gutted to be sacked as I was building up a good little team here, I am unsure as to what is next for me.

Career Summary

2017/18  Adelaide United   A League                           8th            Sacked

So after over a year out of work where only Indonesian lower leagues side wanted me I got an offer that I felt that I could take

9f4fdd92-80e5-4b38-850c-63f3f86f0b2b_zpsd68ac55c.jpg

Its not a bad offer and one of the biggest clubs in the S League. As they are third roughly half way through the season I certainly have a chance to win the league in my first year. They won the league a couple of years ago so certainly are primed for a challenge. I would expect to stay here for at least a couple of years before going off to one of the big teams in Asia, or at least that is my plan but it didn't exactly work at down under.

Singapore Under 23s - Season 2019 - Asian Games Update

singapore-flag.png[

Asian Games : This role came up just before the Asian Games and I decided whilst I was already in Singapore why the hell not and I took the role over. I was positive I would only be in the role for duration of the Asian Games but could be a fun couple of weeks. We had a decent group and one that I felt we would be able to get out of. I was not wrong as we won all three of our games in relative comfort, a little news item popped up saying this was a first for the team so that was a nice little thing to have done. We met Iran in the next round and lost in a very close game.

Season   Team              League              Achievements

2019     Singapore      Asian Games                2nd Round

[

Warriors FC - Season 2019- End of Season Update

Warriors-FC-SG.png

S League/Graph/Fixtures : First things first to loose the league by such a close margin is heartbreaking. Especially when I realised that Steve Kean is the Tampines manager. We didn't get off to the greatest of starts under my tenure ship, but things soon improved no end as I began to get the team playing in my way. We were bloody fantastic towards the end of the year and wins began to tumble in. In the end it was two results that happened in the split that caused us to not win the title. I think if I would have began this year with the team I would have won the title, I expect to win it next year.

Singaporean Cup : In this competition we were amazing in every round and beat some of the biggest teams in the league, so when we eventually got to the final we faced a pretty poor team. We really should have done better in the final but still a win is a win.

Singaporean League Cup : This is a weird competition groups of three, top two goes through and the bottom one goes into the looser half, we did not play well in the group but beat all the other teams to secure the loosers half, there is no cup for this though.

Transfers : None were mine

Finances : Awful but much better than they were

Stars

Jin Jinbo - A great season from a young lad who ended up winning both the player and young player of the year award.

Kuppusammy Ahmed - A great little player who did not get games before I came, when he played he was amazing

Zulkkifi Suzliman - Another lad who did not get much play before I came in, would have played a lot more if it was not for his injury

Career Summary

2017/18  Adelaide United   A League                           8th            Sacked
2019     Warriors FC       S - League                         2nd           Cup Winners

Archived