Royoto Hodgamura - Taking England to Brazil 2014

Makoto Nakamura

....and hopefully beyond!

220px-England_crest_2009.svg.png

Inspired by Crouchaldinho's England saves located here:

Fabio Crouchello - Taking England to South Africa 2010

Roy Crouchson - Taking England to Poland & Ukraine 2012

It's that time that happens every 4 years where the world comes together and there's one event that everyone looks forward to, the World Cup and when reminiscing over the above threads I've decided to start the World Cup fever by managing England to various competitions or until I get sacked.

One change here though is I won't definitely be taking big name players to tournaments, no big names are definite, I'll be going solely on average rating no matter what the players age or level that they play at, this may make for some odd squads, odd formations and inevitable hate from the British media!

One parting note is that this will be a screenshot heavy thread, and as history shows that my updates are usually very quick I will try and watch matches in either full or extensive coverage.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The staff change

I got rid of a couple of staff members and brought in a few new faces as I wanted staff members who had some international experience

Vr5lhCU.png?1

GF89kAm.png?2

If you don't know the original staff then the new members brought in were:

David James - Assistant Manager - 53 caps, 0 goals

Ray Wilkins - Coach - 84 caps, 3 goals

David Platt - Coach - 62 caps, 27 goals

Paul Scholes - U21 Coach - 66 caps, 14 goals

ZuBMiDZ.png?1

And here's my first competitive squads and potential debutantes:

Kieffer Moore - Yeovil

Luke Shaw - Southampton

John Stones - Everton

Adam Henley - Blackburn

Todd Kane - Blackburn

Harry Kane - Tottenham

Saido Berahino - Nottingham Forest

Alex McCarthy - Reading

Steven Gerrard injured and replaced with Jack Wilshere

Brilliant performance from Harry Kane, that deserves :applause:

Crazy result but at least one of the Ukraine players enjoyed his part in the game though.

Brilliant performance from Harry Kane, that deserves :applause:

Crazy result but at least one of the Ukraine players enjoyed his part in the game though.

Thanks Maw! That game was all kinds of crazy, I don't think anyone in history has had a better international debut than Harry Kane, it's a shame this is completely form based, if he has a bad run he may not be in the next squad.

UEFA World Cup Qualifiers, Group 8 - San Marino 0-6 England

YIRYcKJ.png

MxVsylp.png

Absolutely bossed San Marino who played their usual defensive style narrowing our shots down to 27, Charlie Austin scores a debut brace, Ross Barkley got him self injured and Carrick got himself sent off!

With that win we qualify for the 2014 World Cup!

World Cup Playoffs

sN3LnCy.png?1

Well there's a shocker, the clubs that are going to the World Cup via the playoffs are:

Russia

Poland

Croatia

Denmark

Denmark have beaten EURO 2008, 2010 World Cup & EURO 2012 winners Spain.

These 4 nations join;

Belgium

Italy

Germany

Holland

Switzerland

Portugal

Slovakia

England

and France

in the European nations at the World Cup.

Group D looks tough. Should easily make it through the groups. Top spot could be key so will be good to beat the Dutch. Interested to see the World Cup squad!

I'm hoping to make it to the Quarter Final as that seems to be our usual falling point, so am I tbh as I'm not sure who will be in form then

International Friendly - Mexico 0-2 England

RNURs2a.png

Z2FYLfg.png

Goals in injury time both halves were enough for the win here, the game was a bit more difficult with their formation and the stats show that other than possession and score they got the better of us.

World Cup 2014 Squad

NrDryrZ.png?1

Players who didn't make the cut:

Frank Lampard - Chelsea - 105 caps, 30 goals

Luke Shaw - Southampton - 0 caps, 0 goals

Ross Barkley - Everton - 7 caps, 1 goal

Ryan Bertrand - Aston Villa (loan) - 4 caps, 0 goals

Sam Byram - Leeds - 2 caps, 0 goals

James Vaughan - Huddersfield - 2 caps, 1 goal

Jack Robinson - Blackpool (loan) - 0 caps, 0 goals

Players in the squad who could debut at the World Cup:

Eric Dier - Sporting

George Long - Sheffield United

Alex McCarthy - Reading

Adam Lallana - Southampton

International Friendly - England 5-1 Ecuador! (take that Roy)

ohlNVAS.png?1

8ciO3Hu.png

exEvYIa.png

A change in tactic definitely made a massive difference, we didn't have as many shots as usual but we were way more clinical with our chances, we scored 4 in less than 20 minutes!

Very interesting to see your squad as it approaches the "real life" date. Some big changes in there, and ones that would have the TalkSport lines burning through the ground I think. But it's clearly working.

I'd hate to say what English papers would say about me, that's for sure!

International Friendly - England 4-1 Greece

WzLDqr3.png?1

Player changes:

Jagielka in for Caulker

Johnson in for Chambers

UI1nE7W.png

LEuAwUd.png

Another great win against Greece thanks to a brace from Rooney and a very late brace from Downing where we greatly outplayed Greece.

World Cup Quarter Final - Argentina 1-3 England

9xhgvwW.png

DbLDKJh.png

Very, very shocked with this one, we went behind and I saw that they'd had 12 shots and we'd had just 2, I realised that our attacking mentality wasn't going to work so I changed it to counter and the rest is history, we score twice right before the break with not the usual scorers and Wayne Rooney seals the deal midway through the second half!

The other matches:

bDup9Uj.png?1

World Cup Semi Final - Brazil 3-3 England (England win 5-3 on penalties!!)

H78byj4.png

TLZ8zWb.png

UNBELIEVABLE JEFF!!!!

We went behind once, and equalized 3 minutes later, then we get Wilshere sent off in the 62nd minute leaving us with 10 men against the mighty Brazil, who then go and get the lead in the 90th minute, gutting!

I change the mentality from counter to overload and it worked amazingly, Jagielka equalized in the 3rd minute of injury time!

Then was extra time, we introduced the 3rd of our substitutes, the mighty....Callum Chambers! Jermain Defoe gave us the lead for the first time in the 104th minute but Neymar went and ruined it by scoring in the 116th minute which lead to England's historical downfall....penalties..

First up is England:

Rooney - Scored! - 1-0

Fred - Missed! - 1-0

Cole - Scored! - 2-0

Thiago Silva - Scored! - 2-1

Jagielka - Scored! - 3-1

Filipe - Scored! - 3-2

Walcott - Scored! - 4-2

Neymar - Scored! - 4-3

Henderson - Scored! - 5-3

Jordan Henderson sends England to the World Cup Final where they face France after France beat South Africa 2-1.

World Cup Final - England 1-1 France (France win 4-1 on penalties)

pPrz16O.png

SJoCONO.png

Heartbreak, pure heartbreak, Downing gave us a dream start and then Phil Jones went and scored an own goal, we were marginally the better side going by stats, and then Baines and Johnson had their penalties saved. Gutted.

Archived