Italy & Co-Ownership

Managing team in Italy, and the co-ownership thing is driving me nuts. I'm not really interested in, but getting like 2-3 offers every week for my players. Constantly rejecting, but I just have another bid the next week.

For full transfer bids, I just set the asking price high, and that prevents trivial bids. Anything similar to co-ownership? Honestly, I would never accept one, and willing to have setting that says reject all co-ownership bids.

It's just doesn't work very well.

Clubs bid a low amount and rarely ever change the offer, but repeats it multiple times no matter what you do.

And...

I've accepted around 20 co-ownership offers in 3 seasons with Parma. All but one was rejected by the players due to the contract offer (salary being the main reason, but often not the only reason).

And if you try to co-own a player, what bugs me is that the player has demands that is equal to what he would ask for in a regular contract, as if he doesn't know that he will receive two pay checks. I don't know how it works in real life, but clubs seems to love it, judging by the amount of co-owned players at the start, so I assume the clubs share the cost, rather than both paying full salary. After a few seasons though, there are hardly any co-owned players around.

Yeah, it's a nuisance. Luckily it was abolished by the FIGC (the professional football governing body) on May 27 this year and no more co-ownership contracts will be possible from now on. The new rule has immediate effect, so it is already valid from the coming transfer session starting July 1.

Currently there are 164 co-owned players under contract in Serie A alone and the clubs need to negotiate full ownership within summer 2015 at the latest. No new co-ownerships are allowed. End of this anomaly.

I made £2 million in one season with coownerships - when it came to final bidding for the players i bid £0 and kept the player because I matched the other teams bid. Its a risky business but it can be profitable

Should say Im playing as San Marino in the Serie B :)

Yeah, it's a nuisance. Luckily it was abolished by the FIGC (the professional football governing body) on May 27 this year and no more co-ownership contracts will be possible from now on. The new rule has immediate effect, so it is already valid from the coming transfer session starting July 1.

Currently there are 164 co-owned players under contract in Serie A alone and the clubs need to negotiate full ownership within summer 2015 at the latest. No new co-ownerships are allowed. End of this anomaly.

Huh, I did not know this. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. :thup:

Excellent news. My first save on FM15 is now going to be the Italian league.

It's not needed, but I was going to post here the same info, and I'd like to confirm 100% as this is the only post in this thread, just to avoid people going to search for confirmation or sources.

I think at SI they're going to have a party because of this.

Excellent news. My first save on FM15 is now going to be the Italian league.

It really didn't have much of an impact on me at all after the 1st 10 years or so.

If I look at Serie A squads now, (in 2032), there are very few co-owned players anyway.

[Goes to look]

6 different Serie A clubs share the co-ownership of 14 players. That's it. It's really completely irrelevant to me and has been as soon as I decided that it wasn't something I was interested in.

[Edit]

Good news that it has been/is being abolished though. :thup:

It's not needed, but I was going to post here the same info, and I'd like to confirm 100% as this is the only post in this thread, just to avoid people going to search for confirmation or sources.

I think at SI they're going to have a party because of this.

Double confirm,this was reported on SSN on 27/28th!

Archived