Ultimate Stars And Legends Game FM14 (1880's - 2014)

Welcome to:

Ultimate Stars and Legends Game FM2014 (1880's to 2014)

Created and Produced by: Fenech

CURRENT NUMBER OF LEGENDS AND STARS: 1400

RELEASE DATE: FRIDAY 22ND AUGUST 2014

Find us on the Steam Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=311204135

Find us on FM Scout: http://www.fmscout.com/a-fm14-ultimate-legends-1880s-to-2014.html

Find Us on Sortitout: http://sortitoutsi.net/downloads/view/12632/ultimate-legends-and-stars-1880-2014

Find Us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/HypnoticNLP

INSTRUCTIONS

LOAD NEW GAME!

Make Sure you press edit and ensure that the Ultimate file is the only editor ticked and the continue to load the game.

Leagues: It's up to you but nearly every nation has legends and stars so you if you don't load a lot of nations, or at least make some of them view only, it just means you may have to search for some players in the search bar on the top menu of the game as they may not all show up in the player search depending on what leagues you have loaded.

That's it. Any Questions please ask and I will try to assist and support if the community is unable to help themselves. Good Luck to you all. It's a brave new world you are entering. May the Football Force be with you!!!!! :)

With Special Thanks to the whole community.

Special Mention:

The creators of Football Manager: Creators of FM. (Sports Interactive)

Football Manager Moderators: Moderating and Supporting the FM Forums

The whole FM/CM Community: Support for the project and Advice on Players and Teams.

Lord Rowell: Expert Advisor on Sunderland Legends Squad.

Longside: Researcher Analyst of Burnley Football Club

Dcarey2014: Researcher Analyst of Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Pompeysam1234 Researcher Analyst of Portsmouth

Bennymc Advice on Manchester United and Positions.

Dcarey2014 Advice on Arsenal Squad

jbblack86 Advice on Manchester United Players

Ernest166 Advice on Real Madrid Squad

james_wilko Advice on Liverpool Squad

Paul Fenech Expert Advisor on Wimbledon FC

Izagooner Expert Source and Link Provider and Expert on Arsenal

Doom_Master Expert Advisor on Sporting Lisbon

Rodry Expert on Portugal and Chief Portuguese Technical Advisor

HOAX Expert on Norway and Norwegian Players

Tobias Funke Expert on Everton and Everton Players

Okaka Expert on Germany

Premiership

Manchester United Media Prediction 1st Best Player: George Best / Cristiano Ronaldo Chairman: James Gibson Manager: Sir Matt Busby

Arsenal: Media Prediction 2nd Best Player: Ted Drake Chairman: Sir Samuel Hill-Wood Manager: Herbert Chapman

Liverpool: Media Prediction 3rd Best Player: Kevin Keegan Chairman: Sir John Smith Manager: Bill Shankly

Sunderland Media Prediction 4th Best Player: Dave Halliday Chairman: Robert Thompson Manager: Tom Watson

Tottenham Hotspur: Media Prediction 5th Best Player: Paul Gascoigne Chairman: Fred Bearman Manager: Bill Nicholson

Chelsea Media Prediction 6th Best Player: Frank Lampard Chairman: Henry Augustus Mears Manager: Jose Mourinho

Manchester City Media Prediction 7th Best Player: Peter Doherty / Sergio Aguero Chairman: Albert Alexander Manager: Joe Mercer

Newcastle Media Prediction 8th Best Player: Colin Veitch Chairman: Sir John Hall Manager: Joe Harvey

Sheffield Wednesday Media Prediction 9th Best Player: Tony Kay Chairman: Sir John Charles Clegg Manager: Ron Atkinson

Aston Villa Media Prediction 10th Best Player: Billy Walker Chairman: Sir William Stratford Dugdale Manager: George Ramsay

Nottingham Forest Media Prediction 11th Best Player: Grenville Morris Chairman: Stuart Dryden Manager: Brian Howard Clough

Everton Media Prediction 12th Best Player: Gary Lineker Chairman: Philip David Carter Manager: Howard Kendall

Fulham Media Prediction 13th Best Player: Ronnie Rooke Chairman: Mohammed Al Fayed Manager: Roy Hodgson

Southampton Media Prediction 14th Best Player: Matthew Le Tissier Chairman: Markus Liebherr Manager: Lawrie McMenemy

West Ham Media Prediction 15th Best Player: James Ruffell Chairman: Reginald Pratt Manager: John Lyall

Wolves Media Prediction 16th Best Player: Billy Hartill Chairman: John Brodie Manager: Major Frank Buckley

Blackburn Rovers Media Prediction 17th Best Player: Bryan Douglas Chairman: Jack Walker Manager: Thomas Brown Mitchell

Leeds United Media Prediction 18th Best Player: Johnny Giles / Billy Bremner Chairman: Percy Woodward Manager: Don Revie

Wimbledon Media Prediction 19th Best Player: Øyvind Leonhardsen Chairman: Sam Hammam Manager: Dave Bassett

Burnley Media Prediction 20th Best Player: Bert Freeman Chairman: Bob Lord Manager: Harry Potts

Serie A (Top 5)

A.C. Milan Media Prediction 1st Best Player: Kaká Chairman: Silvio Berlusconi Manager: Arrigo Sacchi

Juventus Media Prediction 2nd Best Player: Zinedine Zidane Chairman: Edoardo Agnelli Manager: Marcello Lippi

Inter Milan Media Prediction 3rd Best Player:Ronaldo Chairman: Angelo Moratti Manager: Helenio Herrera Gavilán

Torino Media Prediction 4th Best Player: Valentino Mazzola Chairman: Ferruccio Novo Manager: Ernest Erbstein

Napoli Media Prediction 5th Best Player: Diego Maradona Chairman: Riccardo Bigon Manager: Rafael Benítez

LA LIGA (Top 2)

Barcelona Media Prediction 1st Best Player: Josep Samitier Chairman: Josep Lluís Núñez Manager: Louis van Gaal

Real Madrid Media Prediction 2nd Best Player: Santiago Bernabéu Chairman: Florentino Pérez Manager: Miguel Mozún

LIST OF 25 MAN TEAMS

Manchester United

Arsenal

Liverpool

Sunderland

Tottenham

Chelsea

Man City

Newcastle

Sheffield Wednesday

Aston Villa

Nottingham Forest

Everton

Fulham

Southampton

West Ham

Wolves

Blackburn

Leeds

Wimbledon

Burnley

Ajax

PSV Eindhoven

Bayern Munich

A.C. Milan

Inter Milan

Juventus

Torino

Porto

Sporting Lisbon

Benfica

River Plate

Real Madrid

Barcelona

Celtic

Rangers

Aberdeen

This is the ULTIMATE LEGENDS GAME! More Legends and More Stars than ever before!

The Ultimate football show on Earth, A diamond generation, where every star or legend since the 1880's to the present day is back and ready to play.

What would happen if every top club had their best 25 players from all time, available to them for selection? If those same clubs had their most influential Chairmen and most famous managers at the helm? Who would win? What would happen? We are about to find out exactly that!

Can you defeat the Total Football of Ajax Golden Generation? Can you handle being kicked all over the park by the Mighty Whites (Leeds)? How will you stop the worlds legendary players from performing? What are you going to do when they come to play against you? Can you motivate a team to win against a side managed by Brian Clough? Is it possible to even beat a Jose Mourinho Team with 25 of Chelsea's best ever players? All these Questions and many more will be answered soon......... *** COMING SOON ***

Legends and Stars from 1880's to Present day to give each top team 25 of their best players where possible ensuring a balance of playing positions in each squad.

This promises to be the most comprehensive and in depth Stars and Legends game ever.

Realistic data and historical records to ensure complete accuracy in game due to extensive research and public opinion.

More legends and stars back in the game than ever before.

25 man teams for all the Top Clubs around the world.

The return of Wimbledon.

The return of Ajax Golden Generation

The return of Burnley's Golden Days between 1914-1921 and 1946-1976, Burnley have been Football League Champions twice, in 1920–21 and 1959–60 and have won the FA Cup once, in 1914. The Clarets also reached the 1961 quarter-finals of the European Cup.

The return of Sheffield Wednesday formerly known as The Wednesday

The return of Wolverhampton Wanderers winner of 13 Trophies overall including 3 league championships and 4 FA Cups.

The return of Sunderland, the team of all talents, 6 league championships and 2 time FA Cup Champions.

The return of Don Revie's Leeds United, The Mighty Whites, 3 time league champions, 2 Europa leagues and the most successful team in England in the Seventies.

The return of Brian Clough's highly successful Nottingham Forest, 13 trophies including back to back European Cups and 1 league championship.

The return of the great and heated rivalry between Brian Clough and Don Revie

The return of Blackburn Rovers, 12 trophies overall including 3 League Championships and 6 times FA Cup Champions.

No Sugar Daddies and Starting Finances dependant on total number of Trophies won from 1888 to 2014, League Division and Reputation

* Mega Face Pack Release *

* Top Division Clubs Chairman / Presidents / Owners back from each clubs greatest period of success or achievement*

* Top Division Clubs Greatest Managers back based on their first real period of Success or Greatest Achievements where possible*

Legends and Stars in all countries around the world from 1880's to 2014 to present you with the Ultimate Legends and Stars Football Manager Series.

Where possible legends will be between 14 to 25 again however there will be older legends in the game to give balance to the teams and realism to the game.

All players will be at their clubs at the exact age they had joined those clubs. This can easily be checked via Wikipedia and other top online sources.

If there are any legends or stars you would like to see in this database then please let me know and the relevant research will be carried out and I will do my best to get them included for you if they have not been previously researched and included already.

I will be releasing previews of the teams that I feel are close to completion. Please note that these are not the final teams but will give you a good indication of what the final team is going to look like. I will also release previews of Players as the project progresses as well.

Further Updates will be revealed in due course. Any Questions please do not hesitate to ask.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Q: Will you be editing Legends and Stars who are close to retirement but not yet finished their Careers

A: Yes, all I can guarantee is that a Legend or Star will be at a club at the exact age they were at that club.

Q: This Player is not a Legend.

A: This is a Legend and Stars Game, so it's not just Legends, it is Stars as well!

Q: What is the difference between this Legends games and Legend Games of Yesteryear?

A: This is the Ultimate Legends and Stars Game encompassing 100 years of footballing history in more depth, there are thousands of Legends and Stars and this series will bring 25 man squads for all the very top teams and ensure a complete balance of playing positions throughout the squad and include the best ever 25 players to play for those clubs, from 1800's and will also see the return of the best managers and chairmen. This will be the Ultimate Football Show, a Diamond Generation of Legends and Stars all on the field at the same time, a unique insight into history and very educational, this will decide what would have happened had all the Legends and Stars been alive at the same time, who would have won? Who wins the big trophies, which country had the best players over 100 years of history? This is the chance to find out the impossible? What IF??? Here it is.... So many questions will be answered...

Q: Why is a certain player at this club and not that club?

A: Let's discuss, and debate, then we can decide together, but there many be genuine reasons why a player is at a certain club, and equally it may just be oversight on my part so please bring it to my attention and we can talk about it...

Q: Have you created this player yet?

A: Let me know and either I will say yes, or do some research and then decide whether to create the player or not.

Q: What happens to the original players in these legends teams? for example where will Welbeck and Januzaj be as they have no previous senior clubs? are they deleted or in the u21's? I've been trying to plan what transfers I'm going to make when this DB is complete but there's SO MANY PLAYERS I WANT The amount of amazing players in the Premier league alone is insane, as will be Italy's Serie A but I bet the Brazilian league is unbelievable for obvious reasons with young Ronaldo's, Dunga's, Bebeto's, Romario's, Rivaldo's, Cafu's, Roberto Carlos's here there and everywhere. Or more to the point could you really significantly improve any team considering the standards most teams will be at in this game? you could probably spend 60m on somebody to only marginally improve your squad, Ultimately maybe the only way to win with this DB is by being the superior tactician?

A: These are 25 man squads and no more than 25 players in each team starting out. Welbeck and Januzaj are not deleted, but they and all the other originals who didn't make the 25 man teams, will now be released and available on free transfers to whoever wants to snap them up! Alternatively they may be put back to earlier clubs if they were at a previous club before. This should help lower division club managers or other club managers snap them up if they want to. There's going to be a lot of good players on free transfers starting out. You are right and it is going to be insane! Ronaldo Luís Nazário de Lima is 20 at Barcelona, Dunga will be 25 at Fiorentina, Bebeto will be 17 at EC Vitoria, Romario will either be at PSV or Barcelona, Rivaldo is 25 at Barcelona, Cafu is 27 at Roma, Roberto Carlos is 22 at Inter Milan however these may be changed, it is likely that they won't be changed though.

It's going to be down to tactics because the quality of the leagues is going to be incredible, never seen before. one mistake will be punished for sure. I am not sure if it will be the only way to win, but certainly it will be a massive challenge to win in this game, it will test the quality of manager like never before and I am hoping and I am sure there are managers out there that can rise to the challenge.

This game certainly gives an insight as to what you might expect to see when the biggest legends and stars from the 1880's to 2014 suddenly reappear on the same stage at the same time to give us the diamond generation of soccer players the world has never seen before. I wouldn't like to be a top international manager trying to pick a squad for the finals as they will have to leave out some great players.

Q: Will you be making this available through the steam workshop? Looks incredible and cannot wait to play this database. I'm interested in how you go about deciding ratings for individual players, it must take a lot of prep work in terms of accuracy and also how many teams are you planning on covering?

A: I don't know if I will make this available through the Steam Workshop yet. I will certainly be making it available via this thread though. Extensive research, Public Opinion, Full Biographies / Histories / Periodic Analysis / Online Sources and Player Caps and Achievements etc. all contribute towards determining the ratings of a player to ensure accuracy and realistic stats / special moves etc.. so that each player who is recreated is as close to that player as can possibly be. All data will be as accurate as it can possibly be. It does take a tremendous amount of prep work, but I don't do half jobs, this will be as close to perfect as it can possibly be before it will be released. All of the Premiership, the return of all the successful clubs in English football, all the top teams in Europe and around the world. More teams than ever before, more legends and stars than ever before. I can't give you a specific number at this stage because this is still in development.

Q: Are you using player nicknames?

A No Nicknames are being used.

Q: How are you deciding what PA to give each player?

A: I am doing a lot of research and looking at all sorts of things like stats, records, international caps, reading reports on the players, lots of different articles, quotes from public and inside knowledge, online sources and generally a lot of common sense. comparisons to similar players etc etc.. I am looking for what they could do as a player, success achieved, background, teams they played in, I wouldn't say there is any one factor but a combination of many different areas before deciding. I am very much taking the players current age into account as well and how long i think they will have to develop to their full potential and am being quite mathematical about it all. I am using my own knowledge of football and players, especially the ones i remember to compare and decided upon.

Q: When will this game be released?

A: This game will only be released once it has been completed, I do not have a definite release date yet but as soon as I do I will announce it on here, in the meantime, thank you so much for your patience while this massive project is being completed.

Q: Are you including the achievements and histories of your legends up until their current age in-game?

A: I am including the histories and achievements of players up until their current age in game, as long as the players histories and achievements up until that point were already in the game, so for the majority of these, it is just a case of updating the dates and achievements of each player, to bring them up to date with their current age in the game starting out, which is time consuming as well, but I think it is important for the game to be as realistic as possible when it is released.

Where the players were not in the database to begin with, I am not including the achievements and histories, however if you wish to add these yourself once the game is released, then please feel free to do so! What I can guarantee is, if a player is at a club, then they were definitely at that club at that age and most of them are at the first top division club at the earliest age possible, so a lot of these legends and stars are young and at the clubs when they just joined those clubs, so they won't have already achieved much starting out anyway.

The majority of the top top players coming into their prime, are mostly in the database, albeit long since retired, but their full histories are already included in the game, so for these it is just a case of adjusting the dates and histories appropriately to bring them in line with, what the dates would have been, had they been alive and playing at that age, today. I have done this in order to add realism to the game so that the game makes perfect sense. In that way, I am trying to make the game as realistic as possible, in terms, of achievements, histories and dates.

If we had more time, I would of course manually enter any relevant achievements and histories for the newly created players as well, but if I did that, it would take too much time at this stage and my intention is to release as soon as possible! However the game still makes perfect sense as it just means for some of the players, it doesn't show previous history or achievements but just a fresh start from the age and club they begin this game in... and because they are generally early on in their careers, they don't have many achievements and histories to add starting out anyway.

Q: How long have you been working on this project?

A: I have been working on this project for a good while before I started this post and it takes a bit more time, just to complete one player, I find that the longest period for me, is the research and development and testing phase of the players, in order to bring them as close to reality as I possibly can.

Q: Have you considered the financial aspect and when teams start to sell their players?

A: I have also done a lot of work in terms of updating the contracts of every single star and legend, and the financial situations of each club according to reputation and overall success of each club in the last 100 years, to provide a fair balance financially across the board and there will be no sugar daddies in this game either, so no clubs will be in any desperate need to sell any of their players. The idea of this will be to ensure that you won't be able to purchase a star or world class player on the cheap as this is totally unrealistic and the players will be on a 3 - 5 year contract starting out as well, even the youth players, who you can approach to sign, are on a good wage, so any purchases will result in compensation having to be paid to the former clubs and that is only if you can persuade the player to join in the first place!

I am considering all aspects of the game and my focus is entirely on the game playing out realistically, you will still be able to buy players but you wont get anyone for ridiculously unrealistic low transfer fees.

I am also making every star and legend what they are really worth starting out, in terms of today, what they would have been worth, had they been alive today, this is to ensure that when a club makes a bid for each player, they make a realistic bid which you will be more tempted to accept, this is because I wanted to eradicate the previous issues with clubs offering ridiculously low valuations of your player, and ones which you would refuse and potentially upset your player. The way that this game has been done, will hopefully wipe this issue out and mean that you get complete value if you decide to sell a player.

I have recoded the whole game to perform better and reflect players actual worth in comparison with their abilities and age and also more accurate coach reports, so you should find the game runs very nice and smoothly.

It will also mean that when you now bid for a player, there is much more chance of the bids being accepted because you wont be offering ridiculously low amounts either and the clubs will be more inclined to accept your more realistic offers.

Finally as the top top teams have a full squad of 25 of their best ever players with a complete balance of each playing position, no manager will be in any desperate need to fill certain positions starting out and therefore you can take a more relaxed approach to the transfer market and bide your time until the right player at the right price comes along!

Also bear in mind that value is relative to current ability, potential ability and current age etc.., and as a lot of these legends and stars are young, there will always be players available to buy and at a reasonable price as well.. albeit a completely realistic one given the players age and abilities.

Q: I've noticed a lot of players have values over £50m. Have you adjusted team transfer budgets to take this into consideration? Just thinking it might be difficult to put a great team together if you don't have a decent sized transfer budget.

A: The reason it seems like this, is because I have been only featuring the top top players who are coming into or are in their prime mainly, and every player is worth exactly what they would have been worth, had been alive today. The vast majority of players are very reasonably priced and indeed top top players in lesser reputable countries, even in Holland or Austria etc. etc. have lower values to them and could be more easily attainable.

However there will be no pressure on clubs to sell players, each player has a 3 or 4 year contract and is earning a decent wage, there will be no easy freebies but there will be a lot of good players available on free transfers who didn't make the 25 man squads for example. There are no sugar daddies either.

I would imagine you would start with a team that you would most like to manage and take it from there. That's hopefully 25 legends and stars you don't need to buy starting out and remember that you will have a complete balance of playing positions so you won't desperately need to fill any positions starting off. Unless you take a smaller team and that's a real challenge, good luck with that in this new world!

I'd like to see if Brian Clough could take a championship side in this game and still win back to back European cups with them! :lol:

Finances will be dependant on total number of Trophies won from 1888 to 2014, League Division and Reputation. So there will be no debts, a clean slate and money in the bank and money in the tank for signings, according to divisions and the criteria above.

Remember my policy is mainly the first top division club they joined at the age they joined, so this is game full of young talent with bags of potential at very reasonable prices, when I say top top players are coming into their prime, I mean the top top only, there's only a select bunch that fall into that criteria for me. They just happen to be the ones I have been featuring mostly.

I can confirm that there will be more than enough players you can buy and because each player is at their true value, it means that you are more likely to have your bid accepted straight away if you do make a bid for a player. I have thought about it and It is important that a) you can buy players for your team and I am satisfied that is the case and b) you can't get a world class player for way below value and I am satisfied with that as well.

Clubs will not have a ridiculous amount of money starting out, I am being very mathematical about the whole thing, they will be healthy financially but the funds will be distributed only according to the criteria I have already set out because this will be a very realistic and balanced game and you will have to achieve success to get more money as per normal. Or start with a club which can provide that for you.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised how many great players you can buy, but there will be some you wont be able to afford starting out and you will need to persuade clubs to sell.

Q: I think this player is overrated and this player is underrated.

A: I have taken many different factors into account before rating each player. I have completely recoded the whole ratings system and developed my own interpretation of rating the players so whilst I am happy to discuss the ratings, I will only be making adjustments if I agree after discussing that changes need to be made. I am not rating players by comparison, as every player is an individual and has unique overall skills and abilities, no two players are the same, they are all unique to themselves and should be treated as such, of course comparisons are bound to be made but that is not how I have gone about creating each player, and whilst there is a certain amount of creative freedom, it is important to also remember that you have to work within the confines of the ratings system to give as full an overall picture of a players abilities and skills as possible, it is not possible to get every single player perfect, but the aim is to get as close as possible, to try to bring that player as close to reality as possible. This is a completely new game and should not be compared therefore to the ratings systems of the normal game or other legend games as this game has been created in a completely different way. I take full responsibility for the ratings of every player that I have worked on, however I am always open to discussion and debate regarding this and if there is any player at all that you think is over or under powered, then let me know and I will be happy to discuss with you. I accept that not everyone is going to agree with the ratings or abilities of every single player and everyone opinions are valid and respected, but I have thoroughly researched every single player I have worked on and I am satisfied that the large majority of players are where they should be and deserve to be.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Fenech... please make that db, but don't edit ages for legends (players) like totti, giggs, etc.. they are not yet retired... i'll give you list for players from croatia and bosnia i'd like to see in db

Davor Suker, Alen Boksic, Zvonimir Boban, Robert Prosinecki, Robert Jarni, Bernard Vukas, Drazan Jerkovic, Vladimir Beara, Stef Lamza, Blaz Sliskovic, Safet Susic... all info you can find on wikipedia

Hi Fenech... please make that db, but don't edit ages for legends (players) like totti, giggs, etc.. they are not yet retired... i'll give you list for players from croatia and bosnia i'd like to see in db

Davor Suker, Alen Boksic, Zvonimir Boban, Robert Prosinecki, Robert Jarni, Bernard Vukas, Drazan Jerkovic, Vladimir Beara, Stef Lamza, Blaz Sliskovic, Safet Susic... all info you can find on wikipedia

Hi Luke,

Thanks for your response. I am making the database now, thanks for your input, Giggsy is retired now from football, he is 24 years old at Man Utd again, I haven't looked at Totti (The King of Rome) yet but ill wait to do my research on him first. I have put an example of Giggs below for you to look at.

I am using Wikipedia and other online sources, so thanks for that and I will look at all the names you have mentioned and research them for you. please do let me know if you think of anyone else.

Any more questions, please respond again and I really appreciate your input.

• 2 weeks later...

One of the most successful clubs in English football, they have won 13 First Division and Premier League titles and a joint record 11 FA Cups. Arsenal's success has been particularly consistent: the club has accumulated the second most points in English top flight football, holds the ongoing record for the longest uninterrupted period in the top flight, and would be placed first in an aggregated league of the entire 20th century.

Look out for Ted Drake who managed Chelsea to their first league title in 1954-55, there are quite a few players from the famous invincible team that went a whole season unbeaten. The Greatest Gunners are back and they are ready to shoot the rest of the premier league down!

Chairman: Sir Samuel Hill-Wood

Director: Sir Bracewell Smith

Manager: Herbert Chapman

Arsenal_SquadPlayers-2_zps8c8e5c1f.png

* Today is a sneak preview of the Aston Villa Squad. Please note that this may not be the Final Aston Villa Squad, but it is very close to it.

Chairman: Sir William Stratford Dugdale

Manager: George Ramsay

AstonVilla_SquadPlayers_zpscdcfa15e.png

* Today is a sneak preview of the Blackburn Rovers Squad. Please note that this may not be the Final Blackburn Rovers Squad, however it is very close to it.

Chairman: Jack Walker

Manager: Thomas Brown Mitchell

BlackburnRovers_SquadPlayers_zpsdc8eb568.png

* Today is a sneak preview of the Chelsea Squad. Please note that this may not be the Final Chelsea Squad, however it is very close to it.

Chairman: Henry Augustus Mears

Manager: Jose Mourinho

Chelsea_SquadPlayers-11_zps4af141cf.png

Time for a sneak preview of the Fulham squad. This may not be the final Fulham team but it is very close to it.

Chairman: Mohammed Al Fayed

Managing Director: Alistair Mackintosh

Director: Dennis Turner

Director: Karim Al Fayed

Manager: Roy Hodgson

Fulham_SquadPlayers-2_zps225f7feb.png

Today is a preview of the Liverpool Squad. This may not be the final Liverpool team but it is very close to it.

Chairman: Sir John Smith

Director: Peter Robinson

Manager: Bill Shankly

Liverpool_SquadPlayers-5_zpsdfd6c49b.png

This Liddellpool Legend became noted for his strong physique, acceleration, powerful shot, professionalism, and good conduct on the pitch. Such was his influence and popularity that the club acquired the contemporary nickname "Liddellpool" He was chosen as number 6 out of 100 people who shook the Kop!

BillyLiddell_OverviewProfile_zps327aea65.png

Todays feature team is Manchester City. This may not be the final Manchester City team but it is very close to it.

Chairman: Albert Alexander

Manager: Joe Mercer

Assistant: Malcolm Allison (Big Mal)

ManchesterCity_SquadPlayers-2_zpsc25180a7.png

This Manchester United Legend has 688 appearances to his name and one of the few survivors of the Munich Air Disaster. He helped the club win four First Division titles, one FA Cup and one European Cup. One of the original Busby Babes!

BillFoulkes_OverviewProfile_zpsc780cb06.png

Let's have a look at the Nottingham Forest Squad Today. This might not be the final Nottingham Forest Squad but it is very close to it.

Chairman: Stuart Dryden

Manager: Brian Howard Clough (Cloughie)

NottinghamForest_SquadPlayers_zpsf654b12c.png

A long long time ago, long before the birth of Ryan Giggs, there lived another Welsh Left Wing Wizard called Arthur Grenville Morris born in April 1887. He played 460 times for Nottingham Forest and scored 217 goals. To give you a comparison, Giggs played 802 times and scored about 168 goals from the same position. Usually just known as Grenville Morris, He was one of the greatest players of his generation and was known as The Prince of the Inside-Lefts! Today we preview this Nottingham Forest Legend!

GrenvilleMorris_OverviewProfile-3_zps056ac8fa.png

Why did you put Edwin van der Sar at Fulham? His best years where at Ajax and Manchester United. Or do you put him in multiple teams (and thus have more than 1 Vd Sar)?

Thank you for your question and well spotted. This is the main reason why I say that these are not the final teams but very close to it! Firstly there is only one of every player! There is certainly only one Edwin Van Der Sar! The reason he was at Fulham is because he was one of the best goalkeepers to ever play for Fulham, he was getting on a bit, but still a fantastic keeper, he was at Fulham before he joined Manchester United, Indeed it was his performances at Fulham which caught the eye of Manchester United and Sir Alex Ferguson, however having taken into consideration that his best years were at Ajax and part of Ajax golden generation too, I think you make a very valid point and Edwin Van Der Sar will now be back at Ajax as a 20 year old keeper, which is the age he was when he joined Ajax. I have updated the Fulham Squad accordingly to reflect this change. Many thanks for bringing this to my attention. :thup:

Let's have a look at the Southampton Squad. This may not be the final Southampton team but it is very close to it.

Chairman: Markus Liebherr

Managing Director: Nicola Cortese

Director: Katharina Liebherr

Manager: Lawrence McMenemy

Southampton_SquadPlayers-2_zpsfe22cf32.png

This Legend needs no introduction! He is the most capped player in Dutch Football. A Part of the Ajax Golden Generation. He holds the world league clean sheet record by not conceding a single goal for 1,311 minutes. He is simply one of the greatest Goalkeepers of all time. Today we preview Mr Consistent. Edwin Van Der Sar.

EdwinVanDerSar_OverviewProfile_zpsd9a94625.png

French don't delete other non-legendary players from db :D...i'd like too see e.g. dzeko, mexes, turan arda etc etc

Cro I don't intend to do that, It is Legends and Stars, so not just Legends! All those players you mention will be included too. :thup:

"He had complete mastery of the ball. When Maradona ran with the ball or dribbled through the defence, he seemed to have the ball tied to his boots. I remember our early training sessions with him: the rest of the team were so amazed that they just stood and watched him. We all thought ourselves privileged to be witnesses of his genius."

Lobo Carrasco

DiegoMaradona_OverviewProfile_zps462caba0.png

hi this sounds great when will this be out

Hi, This is coming soon, I don't have an exact release date yet. It will be out as soon as possible and will be worth the wait. Thank you for your patience with this. :thup:

Today we feature Southampton's Cheerful Charlie (Charlie Wayman). He was a prolific centre-forward in the first decade after the Second World War. Quick both in movement and anticipation - a lethal finisher and accomplished ball player - he was instantly effective, scoring four hat-tricks in his first season. In 1946 he scored 34 goals in 46 outings for Newcastle. In his first season at Southampton, Wayman netted 32 times. He partnered the great Ted Bates and knocked in five in one game against Leicester – still a Saints' record. In 100 league games for the club he scored 73 times. Wayman's career record showed he scored 252 goals in 384 league appearances. Here he is.. having just been transferred from Newcastle to Southampton.

"He had tremendous skills, he was very good with his head and he was a very, very good finisher. He was the top scorer at each of the clubs he played for, which is some record. He was always cheerful and always good fun." - Sir Tom Finney

"I played against all the world's stars in my time, but the two blighters who gave me more trouble than any of the others were both tiny guys who I towered over," he recalled years later. "Charlie Wayman, non-stop, quick, never let up, buzzing everywhere. He always gave me the jitters." - Leeds Defender John Charles.

"Endowed with exquisite mastery over a moving ball, he loved to demonstrate a trademark trick, which involved flicking the leather over the head of a bemused opponent, nipping round the other side and catching it on his instep before clouting an invariably ferocious shot towards goal. It wasn't that he was flamboyant - in fact, for all his pugnacious manner on the pitch he was an engagingly unassuming individual - but it was a crowd-pleasing manoeuvre that the brave, elusive little marksman simply couldn't resist." - Ivan Ponting.

CharlesWayman_OverviewProfile_zps052c1a3c.png

It's time for the triumphant return of the sleeping giant formerly known as 'The Wednesday', better known today as Sheffield Wednesday. Winner of 4 league titles in 1902, 1903, 1928 and 1929! Here they are.. Please note that while this might not be the final Sheffield Wednesday Squad, it is very close to it...

Chairman: Sir Charles Clegg

Manager: Ron Atkinson (Big Ron)

SheffieldWednesday_SquadPlayers_zps8aa4360d.png

‘ Flying’ Fred Spiksley was the darling of Wednesday supporters in the Olive Grove Era and the early years at Owlerton, scoring many stunning goals and thrilling the spectators with his electric bursts along the left wing. At 5ft 6in and slightly built, Fred took more than his share of rough treatment, but had the speed and skill to elude the majority of his tormentors. It was said that few players in his time could run as fast with the ball and the hallmarks of his play were his keen sense of anticipation and an ability to ‘ read’ the game. His speed off the mark was such that he was frequently frustrated by offside decisions by officials who did not believe a man could think and move so fast.

When Fred was on the field no game could be considered lost, Spiksley, of Sheffield Wednesday... delights to dribble the ball into the corner and then centre across, and it is seldom he fails to place the ball in the goal mouth for his fellow forwards to put through.

"He can play the combination game to perfection, and I can state this at first hand, as I have often had the pleasure of playing with him. When he finds himself in difficulties he will try to give the ball to someone better placed - a form of unselfishness which a good many well-known players might copy. Instead of this, many men would rather lose the ball by trying to beat one or two opponents, than give it to a partner; not so Spiksley." - Ernest Needham

"Spiksley's control of the ball, his individuality, and his pluck for a man of modest stature, without much weight, were amazing... Fred Spiksley could do almost anything he wanted with either foot, and was a sure marksman. Spiksley as a football player was a wonder." J. A. H. Catton

"Whenever I saw him (Spiksley) he played well, but never better than at Richmond, for he scored the three last goals in about ten minute s... Conjurers have sleight of hand. Let me vary the phrase and say that Spiksley had sleight of foot. He did most of his dribbling with the outside of the right foot. I do not like making sweeping statements, but I have never seen so thoroughly competent an outside-left as Spiksley, who relied not on weight, or even on speed alone, but upon his craft and power over the ball." Frederick Wall, the president of the Football Association.

He scored twice in the 1896 FA Cup Final as Wednesday beat Wolves 2–1. Along with his two goals, Spiksley's back-heels stole the show during the final. He also helped them win the English First Division in 1903 and we feature him here today.

FredSpiksley_OverviewProfile-3_zps9e03e5c8.png

It's 1953, Then Real Madrid president Santiago Bernabéu Yeste was greatly impressed with Di Stéfano and reached an agreement with Millonarios for Di Stéfano's transfer to Real Madrid. Real Madrid absolutely dominated Spanish and European football at the time and their game revolved around the majestic figure of Alfredo di Stéfano. He was so versatile that he could play in every position except goalkeeper.

"I don't know if I had been a better player than Pelé, but I can say without any doubt that Di Stéfano was better than Pelé. I am proud when one speaks of Di Stéfano. Pelé would have flopped had he played in Europe, whereas Alfredo has played very well throughout the world. I can say that Maradona could be worse than Pelé. But I emphasize Di Stéfano was better". Diego Maradona

"We are all footballers, and as such should be able to perform competently in all 11 positions." Di Stéfano.

Alfredo Di Stefano was the most complete footballer of all time.

Former Real Madrid legend Alfredo Di Stefano is in an induced coma in a Madrid hospital after suffering a heart attack on Saturday afternoon. The 88-year-old, who celebrated his birthday Friday, was taken to the Gregorio Maranon hospital in the capital after suffering a heart attack when leaving a restaurant, Xinhua reported. The hospital released a statement on Saturday evening, which said the former footballer, who is honorary president at Real Madrid, is "stable within a serious condition", and is in an induced coma, while his breathing is being assisted. Di Stefano has been in declining health for quite some time and it is in his honour that we feature the Real Madrid Legend here today... Our thoughts and prayers are with him and his family at this very sad time...

AlfredoDiStefano_OverviewProfile_zps294168e1.png

First of all can I say I am really looking forward to this but why is George best at Fulham and not Manchester United? didn't he only join Fulham when he was past his best? Also would Faustino Asprilla not be a good shout for Newcastle?

First of all can I say I am really looking forward to this but why is George best at Fulham and not Manchester United? didn't he only join Fulham when he was past his best? Also would Faustino Asprilla not be a good shout for Newcastle?

Firstly, Thank you for your Question. I am looking forward to this too! In regards to George Best, The reason he was at Fulham is because even though he was 30 at Fulham, he was still a special player and certainly in the top 25 players that ever played for Fulham, whereas Manchester United have no shortage of great players, so initially I took this into account because one of the completed tasks is to give each premiership team and the very top teams in the rest of the world, their best possible 25 players within reason, and ensuring a balance of playing positions in each squad as well. That is why you will be seeing the return of sleeping giants like Wolves, Sheffield Wednesday and Sunderland etc.. because they have 25 outstanding players from 1888 - 2014 and they will all be back again. To ensure that upon release, you will see the biggest clubs with all their very best players from 1888 - 2014, 25 players each and at least 2 players for each position so that if you start with one of these clubs, you wont be in any desperate need to fill any particular position.

However you do make an excellent point regarding George Best, he is too much Manchester United, not to be at Manchester United and as one of the greatest players of all time, I have decided for the very top top players like Best, Like Pele, Like Maradona etc... they won't start at the youngest age they went to a top club, those players will start at 24 coming into their prime, albeit that Maradona peaked slightly early which is why he is 22 at Barcelona, therefore I have adjusted the Fulham and Manchester United Squads accordingly and George Best is now at Manchester United coming into his peak at 24 years of age.

I have also added Ruud Van Nistlerooy to the United Squad as well. This has enhanced further the overall equilibrium of the Manchester United team and should add a dynamic extention so that Ruud can capitalise on the the distribution of Beckham Giggs Bobby Charlton George Best etc...

In regards to Faustino Asprilla, you do again make a valid point, indeed I thought long and hard about Asprilla and Newcastle when I was doing my research on him, there are two main reasons why Asprilla is not at Newcastle, the first one is because from 1888 - 2014, Newcastle have been blessed with some outstanding strikers. I was spoilt for choice! In the end I had to go with Michael Owen, Andy Cole, Hughie Gallacher and Wor Jackie (Jackie Milburn). The second reason Asprilla is not with Newcastle is because I am putting a large majority of the players at the first top division club they were at, at the exact age that they joined those clubs and therefore Asprilla is at Parma, in Italian Serie A at 23 years of age, which is the club he was at before he joined Newcastle, and because Parma are in the top division in Italy, that was the reason I sent him there as it seemed to make sense as of course there was no way we were not going to have Faustino Asprilla. He is very much included in this.

Please note that the squads are not final, but they are very close to it. In the meantime, many thanks once again for your feedback and the excellent points that you have made. :thup:

Do you have the 1959/60 Title winning side of Burnley? They were always considered a top team in the 50's, 60's and to a lesser extent 70's (although that highly regarded 'team of the 70's' had some very good players in it)

Do you have the 1959/60 Title winning side of Burnley? They were always considered a top team in the 50's, 60's and to a lesser extent 70's (although that highly regarded 'team of the 70's' had some very good players in it)

It's a good shout, and to be fair, Burnley have won 2 league championships and 1 FA Cup, they are certainly on my list of teams to research and it sounds promising, from what you say, I may well be able to bring back 25 of their stars and legends to compete in the premiership. I will certainly be taking a closer look at them, now you have brought this to my attention. :thup:

Thanks. If you need any help compiling the list, give me a shout!

Thanks! I'll be looking at 25 of their best players overall and at least 2 players for each position, so e.g. at least 2 keepers, 4 central defenders, 2 right backs, 2 left backs, 5 or 6 DM's MC's AMC's etc... midfielders, 4 wingers/inside forwards etc.. and 4 strikers...

If you want to fire out some players, by all means, you can do so and I will research them thoroughly and that will certainly help me out when I focus on bringing them back.

GK - Colin McDonald - Played for England in the 1958 world cup and but for an injury that ended his career, would have gone down as one of England's greatest ever goalkeepers

GK - Adam Blacklaw - He was the goalkeeper of the title winning side of 1960, making over 300 appearances for Burnley.

RB - John Angus - A member of the title winning side of 1960, one of the best Right backs in the country and should have played more times for England

RB/WB - Brian Miller - A wing half in the 50's and 60's. He was a 1 club man and a local player. I have put wing back as an equivalent for wing half

CB - Tommy Cummings - Centre half for the title winning side, made over 400 appearances.

CB - Tommy Boyle - Captained Burnley to the 1921 title.

CB - Jimmy Adamson - Considered a Right half in his time with Burnley, he also played centre half and Burnley's captain. These old positions are proving difficult to equate to modern positions. I have included him as a CB but could play CM and DM, or RM?

CB - Colin Waldron - A member of the highly regarded 'team of the 70's' squad. Went on to make over 300 Appearances

LB - Alex Elder - Left back of the 1960 side. Was a Northern Ireland international.

CM - Martin Dobson - A very popular member of the team of the 70's, made over 400 appearances.

CM - Mike Phelen - A local player, made over 150 apps for Burnley. Also played for Man Utd.

CM - Billy Ingham - Played throughout the 70's for Burnley

RW - Willie Morgan - made over 200 appearences for both Burnley and Man Utd

IF - Jimmy Mcilroy - The greatest player ever to play for Burnley. Made over 490 appearances and played in the world cup with Northern Ireland. He would be a top star in the premier league today according to most fans.

Winger - Ralf Coates - Played for both Burnley and Spurs, also played for England.

LW - Leighton James - Welsh international, played in the team of the 70's

LW - Brian Pilkington - A member of the 1960 side, very highly rated.

Striker - Ray Pointer - Striker in the 60 side, scored over 100 goals. Played for England.

Striker - George Beel - Burnley's all time leading goalscorer

Striker - Andy Payton - A real goal poacher, local player.

Striker - Robbie Blake - needed a more modern legend, but he is the best player i have ever seen play for Burnley and only a lack of pace prevented him from playing for a much bigger club and his country IMO.

Hope that helps, that was hard being only 24 i had to leave out a lot of personal favourites! Hopefully any older fans who remembers these players may want to correct any mistakes but done this to the best of my knowledge.

GK - Colin McDonald - Played for England in the 1958 world cup and but for an injury that ended his career, would have gone down as one of England's greatest ever goalkeepers

GK - Adam Blacklaw - He was the goalkeeper of the title winning side of 1960, making over 300 appearances for Burnley.

RB - John Angus - A member of the title winning side of 1960, one of the best Right backs in the country and should have played more times for England

RB/WB - Brian Miller - A wing half in the 50's and 60's. He was a 1 club man and a local player. I have put wing back as an equivalent for wing half

CB - Tommy Cummings - Centre half for the title winning side, made over 400 appearances.

CB - Tommy Boyle - Captained Burnley to the 1921 title.

CB - Jimmy Adamson - Considered a Right half in his time with Burnley, he also played centre half and Burnley's captain. These old positions are proving difficult to equate to modern positions. I have included him as a CB but could play CM and DM, or RM?

CB - Colin Waldron - A member of the highly regarded 'team of the 70's' squad. Went on to make over 300 Appearances

LB - Alex Elder - Left back of the 1960 side. Was a Northern Ireland international.

CM - Martin Dobson - A very popular member of the team of the 70's, made over 400 appearances.

CM - Mike Phelen - A local player, made over 150 apps for Burnley. Also played for Man Utd.

CM - Billy Ingham - Played throughout the 70's for Burnley

RW - Willie Morgan - made over 200 appearences for both Burnley and Man Utd

IF - Jimmy Mcilroy - The greatest player ever to play for Burnley. Made over 490 appearances and played in the world cup with Northern Ireland. He would be a top star in the premier league today according to most fans.

Winger - Ralf Coates - Played for both Burnley and Spurs, also played for England.

LW - Leighton James - Welsh international, played in the team of the 70's

LW - Brian Pilkington - A member of the 1960 side, very highly rated.

Striker - Ray Pointer - Striker in the 60 side, scored over 100 goals. Played for England.

Striker - George Beel - Burnley's all time leading goalscorer

Striker - Andy Payton - A real goal poacher, local player.

Striker - Robbie Blake - needed a more modern legend, but he is the best player i have ever seen play for Burnley and only a lack of pace prevented him from playing for a much bigger club and his country IMO.

Hope that helps, that was hard being only 24 i had to leave out a lot of personal favourites! Hopefully any older fans who remembers these players may want to correct any mistakes but done this to the best of my knowledge.

Great Stuff! Much Appreciated. I will be researching all of those players in depth when I come to do Burnley. :thup:

George Best was a Northern Irish Wizard who ran up and down the pitch non stop mesmerising the crowd, he had flair and creativity in abundance. In 1968 he won the European Cup with United, and was named the European Footballer of the Year and FWA Footballer of the Year.

“George Best was the greatest player in the world.” Pele

“Pelé called me the greatest footballer in the world. That is the ultimate salute to my life.” George Best

“I think I’ve found you a genius.” – The telegram sent to Manchester United by talent scout Bob Bishop, who discovered a 15-year-old Best playing for Cregagh Boys’ Club.

"George Best was one of the most talented players of all time and probably the best footballer who never made it to a major world final" - 1974 World Cup winning West Germany captain Franz Beckenbauer

GeorgeBest_OverviewProfile_zps47c04a90.png

Thank you for your response, I can only imagine how much hard work would be involved in this, but I greatly appreciate it, I honestly do not believe there are anywhere near as many stars in the modern game compared to even a decade ago which is sad for the sport really, especially when you consider that pretty much all of todays star players are either in the Premier League, or 2 teams in either Spain France and Germany with only a few being in the Italian league whereas 10-15 years ago the Italian league was probably the most star studded!

Thank you for your response, I can only imagine how much hard work would be involved in this, but I greatly appreciate it, I honestly do not believe there are anywhere near as many stars in the modern game compared to even a decade ago which is sad for the sport really, especially when you consider that pretty much all of todays star players are either in the Premier League, or 2 teams in either Spain France and Germany with only a few being in the Italian league whereas 10-15 years ago the Italian league was probably the most star studded!

Thanks and you are right too. There are less stars in the modern game compared to even a decade ago, and most of the stars are now concentrated in the top teams, one of the reasons is to do with money and earnings which today is astronomical, compared to the time when players could earn a maximum of £20 a week, before Jimmy Hill successfully campaigned for the cap to be lifted. I wonder if he had hindsight of being able to see how much todays players would earn as a result, would Jimmy still so vigorously have campaigned for the cap to be lifted!

http://www.haynes.co.uk/football/PDFs/H5049spread3.pdf

It's 1992 and Parma have just signed Faustino Asprilla for 10.9 million dollars. He is considered one of the greatest players of Parma's successful period in the 1990s. In his three full seasons with the club, Parma finished 3rd, 5th and 3rd in Serie A. The club also reached a European final in each of those seasons, as well as the 1994–95 Coppa Italia final.

FaustinoAsprilla_OverviewProfile-3_zps7495b8f9.png

As things stand at the moment:

Man Utd: Media Prediction 1st

Arsenal: Media Prediction 2nd

Sunderland: Media Prediction 3rd

Newcastle: Media Prediction 4th

Liverpool: Media Prediction 5th

* Please note that whereas a club may have been most the successful in terms of winning trophies, that does not mean that they had the best overall 25 players from 1800's - 2014, also remember that only when the project has been completed, will the final standings in regards to media prediction be known and released.

This is of course subject to change as not all clubs have been released or fully finalised but the North East is back on the football map for sure.

I will be releasing Sunderland today. As you can imagine this is a massive project but I am making great progress all the time and am looking to get this released as soon as possible.

In the meantime, I will look to be releasing Tottenham on Thursday. Any Question please do not hesitate to ask.

In 5 April 1890, the Football League's founder, William McGregor, labelled Sunderland as "the team of all talents" stating that they had "a talented man in every position". He was not wrong! Sunderland are England's sixth most successful club of all time having won the English League championship six times: in 1892, 1893, 1895, 1902, 1913 and, most recently, in 1936. They have also been runners-up on a further five occasions: in 1894, 1898, 1901, 1923 and 1935. Sunderland have also won the FA Cup twice, in 1937 against Preston North End and in 1973 against Leeds United. This Sunderland team has the 'Team of all Talents plus some members of the team who shocked the nation by beating the mighty whites (Leeds) in the 1973 FA Cup Final, in particular the Goalkeeper who made two amazing saves, the captain of that team and the goal scoring hero, Ian Porterfield.

The Directors of the club were very wealthy, one was a Ship Builder and the other was a Coal Miner and when they took over Sunderland they bought up all the finest Scottish talent they could find and that is why the team of all talents was predominantly Scottish and that is reflected throughout the team as well.

Lets have a look at the Sunderland team. Please note that this may not be the final Sunderland team but it is very close to it.

Chairman: Robert Thompson (wealthy Shipbuilder)

Managing Director: Samuel Tyzack (wealthy Coalminer)

Manager: Tom Watson (The most successful manager of Sunderland and manager of the team of all talents)

Sunderland_SquadPlayers_zpsed9f13a3.png

Archived