Would you pay for an official summer update?

Since the end of the season I've really wanted to start a new game of FM starting from this summer. For me, it seems strange to have to wait until November and FM15 in order to start the game in the summer of 2014. A database update would tide me over until then and I'd gladly pay for it if it was reasonably priced (say £5).

I'd rather the game start without any summer transfers (as none have happened yet). Just updated competitions and promotion/relegation.

Yes, you can get unofficial databases but you would be starting the game in 2013. It's not the same - all the players will be a year younger for a start. Some managers will have moved on unexpectedly. For example, Moyes would be unemployed but not have the Man U job in his history. The season they've had just wouldn't exist. Another example is Pochettino will be Spurs manager without ever having managed Southampton.

An official update from SI would be able to simulate the events of this season in a way an unofficial one would not.

No, I rather holiday one season and see what comes up than starting the game with all player and manager transfers already hardcoded in the game - the beauty of FM is its unpredictability.

Quite why you'd pay for something that you could either easily create yourself (in terms of promotion/relegation) or wait for the community to produce (in terms of transfers) I don't understand. You may as well ask if you would buy facepacks or skins.

But then there are people out there stupid enough to buy them.

Archived