What would you do??

Hello all,

I'm currently playing as Liverpool in my first season (dunno how you lot play a season so quick it takes me about a month to do one season) anyway..

I have players in my squad who are pretty good e.g: Crouch, Benayoun etc.. who seem to do a decent enough job when called upon but are currently only going to get about 12 starts in the season. my squad is reletivly small and i want to bring in some new faces (preferably nearly trained up youngsters) but have already *****ed all my transfer budget. i have a group of players who are currently listed Voronin & Kewell in particular but no one seems to want to come in and make an offer even when i lower the asking price to a ridiculous sum.

my questions are:

1) are no managers bidding for Kewell and Voronin etc.. because they are not playing (i know they are pretty pony IRL) despite some managers, like snapping up these players (curbishley - Allardyce)

2) if you were me would you offload crouch, benayoun and kuyt to try and raise funds?

3) will these players have to have a low asking price because they are not playing that often

I play with liverpool quite abit, in my experince with selling players Kewell, Voronin etc, i think that becuase they are on big wages, so clubs tend to get put of by that, also like you say - if they are not getting played alot, plus the clubs might not bid for your players because they think they might not join them if that makes any sense.

the best way i found to sell players was to play them, and they hope they play well, ive did that with voronin, and have sold him for £8M on one of my saves.

Also imo i would offload benayoun, as he is on 60K a week iirc, so you can get better then him, i would keep Kuyt though, he is quality on fm.

Also head over to the good player/team guide fourm, here is the link to the officail liverpool thread http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=16432

your get more help in there.

1) Have you tied Kewell up to a contract (as his expires at the end of the first season)? If so, the problem is probably his wages, as he won't want to take a wage drop from the ridiculous sum that Liverpool pay him. Towards the end of his contract 6 months or so left he'll ask for less which makes him easier to offload. Voronin, much the same problem, though his contract doesn't expire for a good while and by the time it runs out he'll probably be worthless. If you get any offers for either of them that you're remotely happy with, accept.

2) If they're likely to get unhappy, I'd offload them and replace them with younger but still decent replacements who are willing to get their experience by sitting on the bench and coming on when you need them.

3) Market value does decrease with inactivity, as does the amount that people will be willing to spend on the players. Not too rapidly though, if they are still getting an appearance as a sub every 2-3 games.

1. If your squad is so small,why do you feel the need to get rid of them.

2. I always found that Torres and crouch worked well together if you use crouch as the target man.

3. If you really feel the need to get rid of good squad players which every squad needs then lower your asking prices and ask more in installments than a lum sum thus maybe making it easier to get rid of your players.

4. Yes Voronin is crap but kewell is a good back up for Babel if you play him correctly.

Only my thoughts as I had 5 good seasons with Liverpool without having the need to sell or buy many players,just when they were needed.

Try playing the transfer targets in a few friendlies against extremely weak opposition - the AI may take a look when the player you're trying to offload is doing a fantastic job during two or three matches. They may also increase their offer, making it easier to get money in from them.

Edit: Looks like I dawdled too long. Just listen to the stuff above, and your problems just be sorted.

To sell those players without full-on cheating, try this (bit of a work-around but within the rules of the game):

1) take them off the transfer list.

2) organise some friendlies for your reserves against very low (grey) English teams like Cirencester. Midweek they always accept.

3) close to the next transfer window (about a week to go), set the players' asking prices at £0, transfer list them, set status to "not needed" by club.

4) clubs will (usually) bid £0 for them. You then negotiate to £0 up front followed by £xxmillion over 24 months. If xx is less than their current value the clubs usually come back accepting the terms. Sometimes all you get are loan offers, but have sold a few rubbish players using this method.

Typical EG: if Kewell is valued at £2.5million, you should be able to get between £1.5 and £2.0million for him using this method.

Good luck.

i listened to above then realised it february 2nd - oopps

anyway new question, in my first season sitting fourth, played 26 games, my problem is....

it has taken me 12 days i.e time playing to get this far. it says on the addicted rating i should be a football manager expert!! (i am kinda)

i read some posts on here and people are in 2024, anyone have any tips on how they play this quickly??

also, i'm 8 points adrift of man utd at the top - they have only lost one game, is there anyway i can disrupt there form by media etc...

without having adverse affects on my own team i've now been unbeaten for 18 games don't really wanna f**k it all up

cheers

p.s: comps new and quick - i'm just slow (i think)

well it could be that some people play with only commentaries on or highlights. If you play with the full match on, it is bound to take longer.

And it also depends how many hours you spend per day.

As in I must be 15 hours in game and I'm in my third season. It takes me about 1 week for a season playing only about 5-6 hours a week. it all depends on how involved you are as well with the management of your team

i probably spend most of my time reading news - i.e: about players on my shortlist xxx has been approached by so and so!!!

is there anyway to turn this off - i've looked at a lot of players deleting them all from my shortlist would take forever

i've looked at a lot of players deleting them all from my shortlist would take forever

You can set your shortlist to private, but you wouldn't get any info about those player ever e.g. other club approaches etc. You can also select more than one player at a time by holding in shift for a bunch or Ctrl for individuals players and then you can make decisions about all the players selected, rather than doing them one at a time.

Hi Chaps, (i would start new thread but keeps saying there is a security problem)

Playing as Liverpool in my second season, I think I’ve done a few good deals in my first season and just bought a few other players in the summer window. I finished third in the league, semis in the ECC and won the Fa cup. I have a save game from before the window started, which I’m tempted to revert back to – not so much as to turn back time, I went on holiday and forgot to turn the laptop off so its still progressing – if it has gone years I will have to purchase players again so can you give me your opinions on the players I have purchased and whether I should buy again (its summer 08)

some of the people I have purchased seem pretty tasty but can you pass judgement on some of my buys and whether you have bought or had them in your team before and how they performed. Also would you ship these players out and if you have how much did you get for that player?

n.b: i know every game is different but….just more of an insight into what type of players I have and whether my talent spotting is as good as I think.

1st season buys (Jan window) so not played that much –

Rafinha – DR/WBR/AMR – 12m (I’ve retrained him as an AMR)

Serginhio Greene DR/DC – 10m

Arshavin - AMC – 8m

Summer 08 – (lot of transfer money – somehow)

Miguel Veloso – DMC – 18m

Luis Jimenez - AMLC – 2.8m

Robert Huth – DC – 8m

Fazio F??? (can’t remember his surname) plays – DC – 8m

Matias Fernandez – AMLC – 11.25m (should I retrain as a SC)

Thierry Henry – 14.75m

Should I ship out??

Xabi Alonso

Daniel Agger

Reina

Crouch

Carragher

Risse

Arbeloa

Benayoun

skrtel

I’ve already got rid of – should I have

Kuyt

Finnan

Pennant

Lucas

Insua

Le Tallec

Kewell

cheers

Hello all,

I'm currently playing as Liverpool in my first season (dunno how you lot play a season so quick it takes me about a month to do one season) anyway..

Its hard to tell how it takes you so long without knowing your computer specs. I suspect that you are probably running too many leagues on a large database with very little ram but thats just a guess on my part. One thing you can do to speed things up a bit is have as few things as possible running in the background at the same time as your are using FM. Right click on the icons on the bottom right of your desktop and stop as many as you can. Then open up the task manager and select processes and stop as many of these as you can and this should help a bit.

Archived