Champions League Group Stage Issue

Just finished my champions league group stage and for some reason I have finished second in my group. I drew both games with PSG and have better goal difference, goals scored, why have I not finished top?

m9H9LZo.jpg?1

Yeah, I think they do. It's a pretty annoying rule, I've had a few times where my campaign is blown completely out of the water by a heavy defeat in the first game to the side I'll be battling for third. I think taking it to away goals is going a bit far too. In such a small group, it should just be down to points and goal difference, with head to head used if you can't separate them that way.

Correctly applied rules, but it can be very annoying when you suffer from it. The only bright side is as the human manager, you are much more aware of the potential of this happening than the AI and can react according during your games.

Yeah i hate this rule, much more prefer the goal difference rule 1st then head to head then goals scored.....away goals should only come into it if it were exact samegoals for/against.....which numbskull at UEFA came up with this idea.

Archived