[FM14] A New Start - Journeyman Career

Crispypaul

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Season      Club                    League             League Position    Cup                   Notes 
2013     Nest-Sotra     Norwegian 2nd Division          2nd             1st Round        Joined 15th August  
2014     Nest-Sotra     Norwegian 2nd Division         1st             4th Round         Champions, Promoted  
2015     Nest-Sotra     Norwegian 1st Division          5th              1st Round        Lost in playoffs     
2016     Nest-Sotra     Norwegian 1st Division          1st              4th Round        Champions, Promoted
2017     Nest-Sotra     Norwegian Premier Division   8th                Quarter Finals
2017/18  Fortuna Sittard  Dutch Eerste Division      3rd                 2nd round      Promoted through play offs
2018/19  Fortuna Sittard  Dutch Eredivisie           11th              Semi finals
2019/20  Fortuna Sittard  Dutch Eredivisie            4th               Winners           Qualified for Europa League
2020/21  Fortuna Sittard  Dutch Eredivisie            2nd              Runners-up        Qualified for Champions League
2021/22  Dinamo Moscow  Russian Premier Division   2nd          Winners

Nest_Sotra_Fotball_zps5e9faec7.gif

Nest-Sotra Fotball is a Norwegian association football club from Sotra, Hordaland.

The club was founded in 1968, and its team colors are green and white. Its traditional base is in Skålvik, but it now plays its matches in Ågotnes.

The team played in the Second Division between 2001 to 2003 and after a few years in lower leagues, the team again played in the Second Division in 2008. The club won promotion to the First Division for the first time in 2013.

So I start my career off in the Norwegian 2nd Division - Group 3, with Nest-Sotra. League position is 2nd, with an outside chance of winning the division. However the squad has a number of deficiencies which I set out to fix, although the poor financial position doesn't help.

Best players are:

Simen Naess: a decent quality striker for this level

Ruben Hetlevik: our central midfield is a bit lightweight, apart from this solid midfielder.

Gojko Ivkovic: Serbian centre back, currently on an amateur contract I will seek to change asap

Nest-Sotra

2013 Season Review

Norwegian 2nd Division - Group 3

League: 2nd

Floy ended up winning the league with a few points to spare, but this is encouraging for next season

Cup: 1st Round

Out before I joined

Key players:

Andreas Birkeland: left winger was a deadline day signing when I arrived, and proved his worth

Gojko Ivkovic: Serbian centre back was a rock at the back

Nick Rios Haugen: our second top scorer worked well with...

Simen Naess: doubt you can argue with 20 goals in a season.

Finances: pretty awful. Hopefully we'll get a good cup run to sort these out.

Season      Club                    League             League Position    Cup                   Notes 
2013     Nest-Sotra     Norwegian 2nd Division          2nd             1st Round        Joined 15th August           

Aim is to win the league next season, which we should do with a couple of key additions to the squad.

Nest-Sotra

2014 Season Preview

Transfers

I made a few additions but couldn't quite shift the deadwood.

Nemanja Jovanovic - the Serbian striker signs on a free after leaving Sandnes

Anders Hella - right back on a free after leaving Sogndal

Hakon Stenersen - central midfielder on a free after his release from a non league side, previously at Brann

Kjetil Kalve - flying winger on a season long loan from Brann

Friendlies: pretty good, the loss coming against Tippaligaen side Odd.

Nest-Sotra

2014 Season

May 2014

League

Fixtures

A very good month, although a shame about the last fixture after my keeper kicked it right to the opposing striker....

Table

Cup

Fixtures

A much better run this time, the highlight being a win against Tippaligaen Viking in the 3rd round. We have a trip away to Tromso in the 4th.

Nest-Sotra

2014 Season

October 2014

League

Fixtures

A win away at 2nd placed Notodden means we wrap up the title with games to spare. I also sign a new contract to the end of 2015.

There is also a takeover bid in process.

Table

Youth Intake

Intake

Reasonable: these are the best two:

Bendik Olsen

Hans Jorgen Brons

Nest-Sotra

2014 Season Review

League: 1st

A fairly comfortable win of the league, coming with 3 games to spare

Cup: 4th Round

A good run until a heavy defeat by Tromso.

Key players:

Simen Naess: top scorer again

Thomas Lid Kleppe: stepped up to be our key man in defence

Kjetil Kalve: excellent season from the on-loan winger. His contract is expiring so I will try and sign him permanently.

Nemanja Jovanovic: a great first season from the Serbian striker.

Finances: these are pretty bad. Not helped by a compulsory stadium expansion.

2014     Nest-Sotra     Norwegian 2nd Division         1st             4th Round         Champions, Promoted        

I will have to overhaul the squad somewhat if we're to stay up next season

Good first full season.

Cheers! :thup:

Well done on promotion, shame the expansion happened but hopefully you can get enough quality in to stay up next year

Thanks, not much I can do about it as it looks like a compulsory league rule. We are using Brann's stadium at the moment but I doubt we'll get near 17,000 attending!

Nest-Sotra

2015 Season Preview

Norwegian 1st Division

Transfers

I made wholesale changes to try and ensure survival in our first season in the Adeccoligaen.

Highlights are:

Stian Dyngeland: the striker signs after leaving Sogndal

Youssef Essaidi: Moroccan left winger nicked from under the noses of Sogndal after his release from French Ligue 2 side Niort

Geir Ludving Fevang: experienced midfielder on a free after leaving Haugesund

Tor Arne Andreassen: strong midfielder on a free also after leaving Haugesund

Steffen Haugland: centre half on a free after his departure from Sandnes Ulf

Friendlies: lost most of these, but we were largely playing professional sides from the top tier

Nest-Sotra

2015 Season Review

Norwegian 1st Division

League: 5th

An excellent first season in the 1st Division, qualifying for the playoffs, although we are knocked out in the 2nd round by Haugesund.

Cup: 1st Round

Very poor performance, losing to an amateur side

Key players:

Stian Dyngeland: 18 goals from the prolific striker this season

Petter Hermansen: excellent season from the right winger

Youssef Essaidi: did well on the left wing despite occasional injuries.

Finances: much better this season

2015     Nest-Sotra     Norwegian 1st Division          5th              1st Round        Lost in playoffs     

I may quit now for pastures new as my contract has expired, however I will wait for when I get back from IRL holiday in a little over a week.

• 2 weeks later...

Nest-Sotra

2016 Season Preview

Norwegian 1st Division

Well I decided to give it one more season, signing a one year contract extension in December 2015.

Transfers

Shifted out the poorer players and brought in some quality.

Highlights are:

Kjetil Kalve: I resign the winger on loan from Brann

Jens Andersen: centre half on a free after leaving Haugesund

Iljaas Rodjan: Dutch centre back on a free after leaving Egersund

Joan Simun Edmundsson: Faroese international striker signed after his release from Viking

Friendlies: reasonable

Good run so far pal, have you had any offers from other clubs as yet?

Thanks - not yet, my rep isn't quite high enough so far. We've had a solid start to this season so far (2 wins, 1 draw which we should have won except for a 92nd minute penalty!).

Nest-Sotra

2016 Season

Norwegian 1st Division

October 2016

League

Fixtures

Well it looked like we were going to screw it up after some poor results in our first 3 fixtures, however a close win over Staebek secured promotion and a win on the final game of the season secured the title.

Table

Nest-Sotra

2016 Season Review

Norwegian 1st Division

League: 1st

It looked like we might have faltered at the end, but we eventually won the division on the last game of the season.

Cup: 4th Round

Got through the first three rounds fine then threw it away at home.

Key players:

Stian Dyngeland: our top scorer again

Johnny Furdal: a solid season from the central midfielder

Kjetil Kalve: the loanee right winger had another great season for us, and his contract is about to expire...

Youssef Essaidi: moaned a bit towards the end of the season about leaving, but was consistent prior on the left wing

Joan Simon Edmundsson: the Faorese international striker had a good debut season with us

Finances: pretty good, helped by over £500k in prize money. This will change though (see below)

2016     Nest-Sotra     Norwegian 1st Division          1st              4th Round        Champions, Promoted

Future

Strangely we have a new stadium, which must be down to ground requirements as we only averaged 243 this season, the second lowest in the division. Unfortunately it has now made the club insecure.

I did sign a new contract, however if the club doesn't turn professional when the league resets I will resign as we won't cope in the top division without being a professional club. They did turn down my request to do so.

So we did turn professional in the end - however the clubs financial status is pretty awful (our net debt is £8m whilst the club is valued at £2.1m) so I am going to have to think about this one.

Nest-Sotra

2017 Season Preview

Norwegian Premier Division

I decided to stay on for now to see how we will do as a professional club in the top division. To that end, I made a few squad changes and put our best players on full time contracts.

Transfers

Highlights are:

Rasmus Nielsen: experienced Danish midfielder on a free after leaving Danish side HB Koge

Rune Almenning Jarstein: veteran goalkeeper (and old CM 01/02 star) on a free after his release from Hertha BSC Berlin

David October: English left back on a free after leaving Dagenham & Redbridge

Michael Duckworth: another English player, the right back signs after leaving Hartlepool

Ahmed Kantari: experienced Moroccan centre half signed after leaving French Ligue 2 side Lens

Finances: we have a lot of loans at the moment so these aren't brilliant.

Friendlies: a bit hit and miss

Thanks

I am still playing this and have completed my season - however you will note from this login that thanks to SI's password reset option not working correctly, and no-one bothering to look at this much, I have had to open another profile. I may have to redo this thread at some stage but will for now just update using this account.

Archived