Idea for FM15- Joint records.

For some reason when you look at the records in a league or completion it only ever shows you the first person to have that record. If anyone matches that record it doesn't get counted.

For example:

Premier League, most goals in a seasons currently reads as:

34, Andy Cole (Manchester United, 93-94)

When in fact it should read

34, Andy Cole (Manchester United, 93-94) AND Alan Shearer (Blackburn Rovers 94-95)

The only way and IN Game player could get on the record board is if they BEAT the record, why not have it so they are up if they equal it too, so it might say

34, Andy Cole (Manchester United, 1993-94), Alan Shearer (Blackburn Rovers, 1994-95) and Bob Smith (Madeup FC, 2022-23)

**Side note, Bob Smiths achievement would actually be better as he would have done it in a 38 game season, where as Shearer and Cole did theirs in 42 game seasons.

I found this particularly frustrating as I just had a player score in 8seconds in the Premier League! As it was slightly over 8 seconds it was classed as 9 seconds. 9 seconds still beats the current RL fastest scorer Leadley King, who scored for Spurs in 10 seconds. However in game, another player, not in a game I was involved in, scored in 9seconds, so it was his name on the record board when I looked. My guy scores an incredible goal, as fast (possibly a fraction faster, but who knows) as anyone has ever before, but doesn't get his name on the record board. The only way anyone could is by scoring in under 8seconds, which I cant see how that could be done, without just shooting from the KO.

Should be a simple fix that would save some frustration.

**NB.

I don't come on these forums much, but I did around a year ago with a post 'Idea for FM14- Testimonials'. I was SO glad that this made it into the game. If it was as a result of my post, amazing! If it was just a coincidence thanks anyway it's a good addition SI.

Can't disagree with that! If it was up to me records would be expanded much further, ie. top 10 for most if not all records, both for competitions and for clubs.

Would love to see top ten league games and goals for the club, or top 10 highest scorer in a competition.

Can't disagree with that! If it was up to me records would be expanded much further, ie. top 10 for most if not all records, both for competitions and for clubs.

Would love to see top ten league games and goals for the club, or top 10 highest scorer in a competition.

Agreed and expanded Records History in general would be good, especially for top divisions.

Yh I agree won the league last season on goal difference (won by six goals on the last day to clinch it :D ) anyway me and man city both got 97 prem record yet I feel a bit left out when only city have their name in the records for most points :(

Yh I agree won the league last season on goal difference (won by six goals on the last day to clinch it :D ) anyway me and man city both got 97 prem record yet I feel a bit left out when only city have their name in the records for most points :(

The same thing happened to me managing in Germany, I was managing Hoffenheim, only for Bayern to get the points record without actually winning anything...

I would love to see an expanded records tab for cup competitions and top-tier leagues which had, for example, the top 5 most successful teams instead of only listing the team that had won it the most.

I'd like it if the records for the 'EPL' were globally the ones for the top division, rather than the weird mix of First Division and EPL records. For example, I think Dixie Dean's 60 goal haul rather tops that of Cole or Shearer.

I don't like this idea.:thdn:

Apologies. It's either a record or not a record. In order to break the previous record, you actually have to beat it. If you just equal it, then you haven't set a new record. It's been done before.

If Shooty McScorealot scores 34 Premiership goals then he hasn't set a record so it shouldn't be recorded. Sorry.

On the subject of records though, I would like some "all time" records to be collated.

All time record Premier League goalscorer is Alan Shearer with 200 and whatever. I want these records kept and tracked within the game.

I don't like this idea.:thdn:

Apologies. It's either a record or not a record. In order to break the previous record, you actually have to beat it. If you just equal it, then you haven't set a new record. It's been done before.

If Shooty McScorealot scores 34 Premiership goals then he hasn't set a record so it shouldn't be recorded. Sorry.

On the subject of records though, I would like some "all time" records to be collated.

All time record Premier League goalscorer is Alan Shearer with 200 and whatever. I want these records kept and tracked within the game.

Thanks for your input Jimbo.

My only question to you is if I asked you who has scored the most premier league goals in one season? (Real World)

Any logical person would say 'Andy Cole and Allan Shearer'.

If you just said 'Andy Cole' personally I would said you were incorrect.

So if lots of people score 34 in game then why not say 'Andy Cole, Alan Shearer, Bob Smith, Shooty McScorealot, Jimmy Kickball, Edwin Van Der Goals, Hatrickinhio, and Emile Heskey' until someone finally breaks the barrier and scores 35.

I don't see why this would be a problem?

My only question to you is if I asked you who has scored the most premier league goals in one season? (Real World)

Any logical person would say 'Andy Cole and Allan Shearer'.

If you just said 'Andy Cole' personally I would said you were incorrect.

If you asked me "who has scored the most premier league goals in one season", then yes, absolutely I would answer both Cole and Shearer.

If on the other hand the question that you asked was "who holds the record for Premiership goals in 1 season", then I would immediately answer Cole.

I'm not making this up and I do have a reasonable reason for thinking this way. As a kid I was into athletics more than football and as a result that's where I learned about "records". In the athletics World, you don't share a World/Nation/Club/Track/School record. It is set and it remains as held by that person until it is beaten. I appreciate that that's athletics and we are talking football, so I have another example for you.

If 2 players score the same number of goals in a season, is the Premier league Golden boot shared between these 2 players who have both scored the same number of goals? No, a calculation is made to determine...... Actually I have just looked it up to check and the award is shared. :rolleyes: You see I think that's ridiculous. The player who has spent the least time on the pitch over the course of the season should win.

I believe in there being 1 winner. Draws are ********. (Excuse me).

To my mind you have to beat a record in order to hold it. Equalling it just means that you have equalled an existing record. You haven't actually broken a record or set one yourself. Maybe it's an age thing. (I'm old).

It's not a rubbish idea, (your suggestion). I just personally don't like it. It would add very little to the game for me. I would rather they deal with other "all-time competition" records rather than fannying about with this.

I like the idea, it fits well with an idea of mine:

I'd love to have a top 10 of a lot of records that will make long term saves more interesting.

Particularly clubs top goal scorers, it would be great to see how close your star striker was to breaking your clubs record, accompanied by news items of "Bob Scorer has overtaken Freddy Shooter to become the 3rd highest scorer of all time for the club...

1... Terry Header - 233

2... Geoff volley - 189

3... Bob Scorer - 122

4... Freddy Shooter -121

5... Etc

6... Etc

I think it'd give long term games a further target to shoot at.

I'd love to have a top 10 of a lot of records that will make long term saves more interesting.

Particularly clubs top goal scorers, it would be great to see how close your star striker was to breaking your clubs record, accompanied by news items of "Bob Scorer has overtaken Freddy Shooter to become the 3rd highest scorer of all time for the club...

1... Terry Header - 233

2... Geoff volley - 189

3... Bob Scorer - 122

4... Freddy Shooter -121

5... Etc

6... Etc

agreed good shout

1... Terry Header - 233

2... Geoff volley - 189

3... Bob Scorer - 122

4... Freddy Shooter -121

5... Etc

6... Etc

Great idea!

1... Terry Header - 233

2... Geoff volley - 189

3... Bob Scorer - 122

4... Freddy Shooter -121

5... Etc

6... Etc

Yeah I like that. :thup:

I imagine the only thing is how to display it nicely. SI will put a lot of thought into their interfaces to stop it just being a cascade of screen after screen, so adding top 10s for every record is probably just a design decision. Actually getting the top 10 will be pretty trivial I imagine, just changing queries, but it's finding the correct way to display it in what's already a pretty crowded interface.

I've always wanted to see a longer list like that, just for goals and appearances too.

Would be cool to see the entire history, as in everyone who has ever appeared for you (only players who are normally eligible for the "all-time apps setting, i.e making an appearance after day 1), listed in order, but I have no idea how realistic that would be in terms of system strain.

Anything that improves the sense of history by pointing out records and landmarks would be fantastic. Most consecutive titles/cup wins etc. Most appearances. European goals. The possibilities are endless. I just had a player pass 500 league appearances without so much as a hint in the game that he'd done so.

Anything that improves the sense of history by pointing out records and landmarks would be fantastic. Most consecutive titles/cup wins etc. Most appearances. European goals. The possibilities are endless. I just had a player pass 500 league appearances without so much as a hint in the game that he'd done so.

this has happened to me too, needs to be in the game

If you asked me "who has scored the most premier league goals in one season", then yes, absolutely I would answer both Cole and Shearer.

If on the other hand the question that you asked was "who holds the record for Premiership goals in 1 season", then I would immediately answer Cole.

I'm not making this up and I do have a reasonable reason for thinking this way. As a kid I was into athletics more than football and as a result that's where I learned about "records". In the athletics World, you don't share a World/Nation/Club/Track/School record. It is set and it remains as held by that person until it is beaten. I appreciate that that's athletics and we are talking football, so I have another example for you.

If 2 players score the same number of goals in a season, is the Premier league Golden boot shared between these 2 players who have both scored the same number of goals? No, a calculation is made to determine...... Actually I have just looked it up to check and the award is shared. :rolleyes: You see I think that's ridiculous. The player who has spent the least time on the pitch over the course of the season should win.

To my mind you have to beat a record in order to hold it. Equalling it just means that you have equalled an existing record. You haven't actually broken a record or set one yourself. Maybe it's an age thing. (I'm old).

It's not a rubbish idea, (your suggestion). I just personally don't like it. It would add very little to the game for me. I would rather they deal with other "all-time competition" records rather than fannying about with this.

While having more records available is a good thing this post is excellent at describing how the record protocol should (& does) work.

• 1 year later...

Does anyone know if these records expansions are to be included in FM16?

I noticed in the editor for FM15 that Alan Shearer has the record goals for the EPL but I cannot find any mention of it in the actual game. Am I looking in the wrong place?

I'm pretty sure this is all something you've made up in your head since literally every reputable sports League I know records shared records.

http://www.nfl.com/history/randf/records/team/gameslost

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_regular_season_records

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premier_League_records_and_statistics

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Men%27s_100_metres_world_record_progression

Examples merely for proof of concept. I don't know of a single sport or organization that barrs shared records. As a matter of fact, some shared records become MORE impressive in a different era--As impressive as Wilt Chamberlain's single game records were back then, for a player to tie the record for points in one game TODAY would quite literally be the greatest single game performance of any sport of any era, simply given the higher level of competition nowadays. So no, your reasoning is not reasonable--It is arbitrary and interjects an unrelated variable (Chronology) into a very concrete example (Quantity measure of play).

The research needed for the top 10 scorers and appearances for every club at game start would be astronomical but I'd like to see it as well.

Personally I wouldn't be that bothered about the real history but I'd want the game to create a list based on my fictional game.

Maybe, maybe not, no point in arguing over one descriptive word.

But I'd not want the job of finding out who the 7th highest appearance maker is for every English League 2 team, just one division in the game, let alone some of the even more obscure teams around the world.

Would be nice though if somebody (you'd do it?) did have the time and SI could slip it in.

Oh, I don't think we disagree that in general, the amount of detail has to be realistically weighed with the amount of researching manpower available.

My point was that surely there are individual researchers for every team in England down to at least League 2 (there are in Denmark), possibly even farther down the pyramid. And that surely every club down to at least League 2 will have their own club records/statistics listed somewhere. Maybe not all clubs will have info about top 10 goals and appearances ready at hand, but at lot of them will.

So in many (though admittedly not all) of those 92 cases, the "astronomical" task would consist of the researcher for that club contacting the club and asking for the information...

If it was at all possible I'm with you on it being a feature I'd like to see. I like seeing stats and history and trying to get my own players/teams in amongst old records, it's part of the game for me.

Not sure how many others would care that much or play the game that way though to make the work for SI and researchers worthwhile on their part. Maybe one day, it would get a thumbs up from me.

Archived