Semi-Official FMM Wish List

[STAFF NOTE: This thread is now obsolete and has been replaced by this forum: https://community.sigames.com/forum/681-football-manager-mobile-all-formats/

Hi developers and other users,

I love this game. I think that FMH is perfect game for fast and fun football management career, but it could devevelop and improved if you add new features and some change.

I'm an apple user, i get FMH in iphone, but for me this game is perfect on my ipad.

These my ideas for new game:

Features:

1. Add a button before game "choise a team for me" like PC game version

scegli11.jpg

2. Give us chance to change odds format for favorite team before the match

quote10.jpg

3. An external database for iOS users!!!!! (for editor we have FMHVIBE ;))

4. No other features i need in this game!

Graphical interface:

In last seasons we learned that we can put in game custom team/competition logos and managers/players picture. And kits? why not?

1. I should to change main team menu. Not only tactics or rooster list like now. i'd put something like this picture

team_m10.jpg (data and picture are fantasy :D)

2. Put kits also during and after match.....

kits_m10.jpg

MATCH ENGINE

Ok guys this is a real heart of game for me. I know that there are some technical problem, but it's strange for me to think that you don't work on match engine like FM2007 on ipad. Yes i know that you will write me that there is not only ipad, but you should to think to make different game for different device.

Tactics zone should improve with two features important are missing now. Marking kinds (zone or man) and Attack side ( Alls, Only Right side, only left side, only centre side, both side). Please ionsert them.

About match engine, PLEASEEEEEE, add more highlights like extended mode pc/psvita!!!!! Every shot! Every save! Every corner! Every free kick! Every defensive save!

This feature permit users to entry in the match and understand what is happening on the pitch! This could be a real great feature for 2015 version.

No sostantial change for fast and fun game, i think!

What do you think ?

PS sorry for my bad english. but i hope that you undestood me.

<<

Marc - Understood you perfectly, your English is probably better than mine :D

I hope you don't mind but I've adopted this thread to collate everyones suggestions for FMH2015.

>>

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• SI Staff

Some interesting ideas - thanks for posting, anyone else who wants to make suggestions for future versions should also feel free to contribute here please :D

(please note I'll very very very rarely ever confirm any future plans for our games in advance of release so don't get upset if I'm quiet about things ...)

Others two ideas:

1. Add all leagues that they have licence and give us chance of choose what leagues in game ( always 4 countries work in game)

2. Receive an mail everytimes one game is played. Eg. Result of saturday afternoon with a fast link to results. In this moment i don't know which match played in the day and which countries.

I would like to now if it is possible to make a competition with friends on the handheld version? I know it is possible to arrange a friendly match.

People with a iphone and android want to play in one competition.

Just like the pc version

• SI Staff
I would like to now if it is possible to make a competition with friends on the handheld version? I know it is possible to arrange a friendly match.

People with a iphone and android want to play in one competition.

Just like the pc version

Hi, I replied to your thread on the subject - afraid it's not something that's at all likely to happen in the foreseeable future.

I've given up my hopes for new leagues, especially for the remaining former World Champions; Argentina and Uruguay.

Nowadays, I would just like to have back the 'Continue' button placed at the lower right corner (or even as an option through setup), it's really uncomfortable at the top.

Those are huge turn-offs for me and could explain why I haven't played the game more than a couple of times even though I buy it every year.

I would like to be able to watch the cup draws! Whether that be League Cup 1st Round, Champions League Group Stage or World Cup draw! I think they are brilliant. Realistically, is this something that is difficult to add?

Thanks

• SI Staff
I've given up my hopes for new leagues, especially for the remaining former World Champions; Argentina and Uruguay.

Nowadays, I would just like to have back the 'Continue' button placed at the lower right corner (or even as an option through setup), it's really uncomfortable at the top.

Those are huge turn-offs for me and could explain why I haven't played the game more than a couple of times even though I buy it every year.

We do find the vast majority of users end up preferring the button in the top-right hand corner. Appreciate it may take a while playing for users from previous years to adjust but once people do get used to it, they generally have problems going back. Can I ask out of interest which device you are using?

• SI Staff
I would like to be able to watch the cup draws! Whether that be League Cup 1st Round, Champions League Group Stage or World Cup draw! I think they are brilliant. Realistically, is this something that is difficult to add?

Thanks

This is something that's been requested a few times and which we'll evaluate in due course.

This is something that's been requested a few times and which we'll evaluate in due course.

It is only a little thing but i think it just adds to the excitement, I love watching a good old cup draw!! Without the rubbish that comes before it from FIFA!

Even though the new home screen looks fantastic and all, I would still like being able to choose the "non-HD" skin (similar to the one on FMH2012) on my phone. The menu buttons to the left are so small and I constantly hit the wrong ones. The fancy layout works great on my tablet though. :)

Also, a big +1 to this: "Nowadays, I would just like to have back the 'Continue' button placed at the lower right corner (or even as an option through setup), it's really uncomfortable at the top".

My Devices are Sony Xperia V and Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1. I find this button particularly awkward on the tablet. I have the tablet in my lap, either holding it like a book and playing with my thumbs, or holding it rather flat in my right hand and playing with my left. Either way, I can't tap the continue-button without kinda reaching out for it. And you use that continue-button a lot! :)

Would it be possible to load multiple leagues in full? Like, now we can choose one "main" country and three other countries with top division only. What about all leagues in two countries (but nothing else)?

Edit: one more thing! I'd love having the option to clear my scouting results. If I send my scout to country A, he (hopefully) comes back with a lot of players. Great. If I then send him off to another country, all his new findings seem to merge with the ones from country A. This gets really cluttered, I'd like to scout country A, check out all the players and shortlist the interesting ones, then clear the scouting results list and repeat for country B.

Please don't make different versions for different devices. I appreciate the screen size and resolution for tablets allows you to do more with the games interface hence the rather dashing menu presentation on HD tablets but essentially they should all be the same game.

I didn't talk differents version on layout game but develop parts based on devices.

I cannot think that i can not get a new match engine on my iPad Air becouse this game must be played on many old version of phones

I think this game could be expensive if it will be complete. Else everything year we but same game of previous year. It's no correct for me

I'd love to see the 2D highlights improved in FMH2015. I think this is where my sense of iimmersion and realism dissapears. Or at least it has done over time.

I'd like to see some more variation on the type of goals scored and also for the ball to move in a less ping-pong type manner. There's a great post (IMO) in the feedback thread for FMH2014 which details some room and ideas for improvement. It would be great if the highlights were just a little more 'random' and fluid rather than just pass-pass-pass-shoot and over in 5 seconds. But hey, tthat's just my feeling. I think the match engine itself is great, the 2D representation of it is just less so!

Like I said in the feedback thread, the Cricket Captain game for iOS makes pretty decent use of highlights, albeit in 3D, and I feel it helps with the immersion in that specific game.

Cheers

I'd love to see the 2D highlights improved in FMH2015. I think this is where my sense of iimmersion and realism dissapears. Or at least it has done over time.

I'd like to see some more variation on the type of goals scored and also for the ball to move in a less ping-pong type manner. There's a great post (IMO) in the feedback thread for FMH2014 which details some room and ideas for improvement. It would be great if the highlights were just a little more 'random' and fluid rather than just pass-pass-pass-shoot and over in 5 seconds. But hey, tthat's just my feeling. I think the match engine itself is great, the 2D representation of it is just less so!

Like I said in the feedback thread, the Cricket Captain game for iOS makes pretty decent use of highlights, albeit in 3D, and I feel it helps with the immersion in that specific game.

Cheers

This is the goal for all fmh users!!!! I hope in new 2D style with all detailed.

• SI Staff
Hi all

I've been playing FMH since it's inception and the one thing on the top of my wish list is assignable squad numbers. Will this be added to FMH 15?

This is unlikely as frankly they take up a considerable amount of memory space (ie. each player requires an assigned one and potentially a preferred one) and have next to no impact on the actual gameplay.

At some point I'll probably add them in down the line (I've an idea of how to implement them so they're not annoying to those people who don't really care about such things) - but I don't think they'll be in 2015's version.

If it's so hard improve an a real 2d engine highlights, why you don't add a live ticker in the match?

Minute by minute we know the action on pitch, step by step and with a complete description of action. It's not more different then now but it's more readble if you write sentence slowly and you add a more detailed description.

e.g. min 34° player $$ came in penality box from left and shot.....

goalkeeper $$ save in corner with his feets.

min 67° player $$ cross from left by line to penalty box center but defender $$$ hit the ball with his head before attack player $$$ and free his penalty box

(ps sorry fior my bad action description in english :( )

These sentences for last four or five action before to end of action. These sentenses for all actions like defensive save, goal, and goslkeeper save, fault of penalty, yellows or red cards. Please give us chance to change details like other FM games (Only goal, extended, comprehensive etc etc).

You could do to became all user happy. Fast.... fun.... and for alls :D

Marc or SI Staff, why you add the words in topic title "or beyond"? :D

- Allow Android version to re-orientate when switching between both possible landscape modes.

- More support for different android resolutions, e.g my tablet has a 1920*1200 res so either I have to played "stretched" and it pixelates, or non-zommed and its small.

- Provide me with finer save file structure :p - you know you want to!

• SI Staff

- More support for different android resolutions, e.g my tablet has a 1920*1200 res so either I have to played "stretched" and it pixelates, or non-zommed and its small.

This should be a lot better appearance-wise since 5.3, are you not finding this to be the case?

This should be a lot better appearance-wise since 5.3, are you not finding this to be the case?

I'll come clean Alari...I haven't tried it on my tablet since the update, only my phone, much easier to test what I do on my phone ;) ..I'll give it a look tonight.

The ability to filter the scout page in a similar way to the Player Search is needed I think. If I want a new right back it would be great to have a look at any scout recommended ones first.

Also, I noticed that if I look at the training screen it highlights players who are one yellow card away from suspension with a yellow icon in the same way the PC game does (or certainly used to). However, this doesn't seem to make it through to the first team squad screen which is a real shame as this is where it would be most useful.

Me again! I'm just posting ideas as and when I think about them... Sorry if it comes across as demanding. Anyway, an optional sound file download would be nice for match days (e.g crowd noise etc). I say optional because I realise space on handheld devices is at a premium, so it could be down to the user as to whether they wanted it or not! Just a thought.

haven't been on this forum much since the death of the late, great FML, but lately i've been playing FMH a lot (Android, until my Note 2 got stolen, and iOS since i inherited my wife's old girly-white iPhone).

one thing that IS DESPERATELY NEEDED: more detail in filters for player search. 15 to 21 is way too broad a range and scouting players ends up being an annoying grind (instead of a rewarding one). ideally the manager should be able to specify the age range, not rely on overly broad presets. the wage search is pretty useless if all wage ranges start at zero. same for value.

another thing that would be GREAT: filters for our squad. i tend to have a fairly large squad, and train players for more than one position if they seem to have enough PA to spend on it. this makes figuring out who can play, say, on the right wing when my first two choices are injured a real pain.

maybe this is a bug rather than a feature, but there really aren't adequate tools for dealing with a player who is unhappy with his training regime. talking to him doesn't work. changing his training regime may worked, but i'm in 2019-2020 of my main save and it hasn't worked yet. not even once. the ONLY things that have ever worked in erasing this morale killer are a) give the player a new contract, which will work at least temporarily, or b) sell the moaning twit. if we're going to be faced with man-management crises, we should at least have tools that are effective once in a while.

tactics: scouting report ought not to say that we ought to man-mark their best player when we don't have the tools to do so.

i find the handheld game too easy, but i've been playing variants of FM for a very long time. many of my colleagues find it difficult, some even find it too difficult. i'd be thrilled with an extra level of difficulty IF the difficulty came in signing players. it's just too easy to sign good players.

finally (well, finally until i think of something else): the stuff happening in the background is flat out weird sometimes. for example, Man U got relegated (i'd have thought that a little weird until this season). then, after being dumped into the championship, THEY BOUGHT A FULLBACK FOR 35 MILLION. instantly they were bankrupt--until they sold a player for about 6 MILLION!! i decided to run a little experiment and see to it that United lose enough matches every season to get relegated (it's utterly tedious but i do enjoy imagining all those smug glory hunting United fans who don't even know the names of the players in the squad suffering). what happened? somehow United were able to KEEP several key players in spite of being relegated repeatedly. David de Gea, for example, develops into a world class player--and takes pay cuts until he's playing for 3k a week!!! that shouldn't be happening.

also, when it comes to stuff happening in the background: too many shock results in tournaments where the winner in real life is likely to come from a pool of the usual suspects (Russia wins the World Cup... in Brazil! LA Galaxy win the world club championship!)that stuff breaks the illusion and takes me out of the game.

all in all, it's great being able to play the game while riding in a taxi, etc... but it could be even better with some tweaking.

Mines purely a cosmetic one...

I remember reading not long ago how one of the things you guys were trying to achieve was creating 'relationships' between the user anand the teams/players.

For me, this is one of the great things of the game - watching a young player blossom for a club over 10 years, seeing that bargain of a player score 30+ goals or watching your star signing churn out motm performance after another.

How about a small addition, whereby you choose a ' Coaches player of the year' at the end of the season - purely cosmetic - and then the game takes a snapshot of the player and his attributes for the season, as well as his stats for that year as well. So that when you click on past seasons, you have the ability to check out the player you chose for coaches player.

I think it would be great to look back at my earlier seasons of a team in the lower leagues, and take a look at who was my star player then - and the kind f stats he churned out - and then compare to my current crop of players etc.

There have been other times, such as FM13, where I brought a player in who was non league who ended up staying with my club right up until the EPL/Champs league and actually top scored for the league when he was 32/33 - however then 10 years later ( in the game) I had all but forgotten about him and couldn't remember how he went.

Im a sucker for stats ( well, that is FM after all :)) and somethings small and cosmetic like that, could definitely enhance the experience and create an even more personal relationship with my players and team

Just some thoughts from me :).

Thanks guys for a top game, and for taking up so much of my time ( mostly on trains to and from work).

Cheers.

Hey guys, top game this year. I've certainly got my money's worth when I probably should be doing more important things...

I have a couple of constructive suggestions which I don't think have been raised before. Firstly, on the "My Club" mode the choice to manually enter attributes would be really beneficial, because for some reason regardless of the player's position and ability, the only notably superior stat is always their heading, and when you're trying to emulate your 5 foot friend it can be slightly unrealistic that he has 20 heading! This coupled with the option to select numerous positions would in my opinion perfect the game mode.

Another thing is the match engine, I've consistently bought these games for as long as I can remember, and I don't know whether it's just me being a dork or what, but I can predict when there's going to be a goal. For example if players collectively move before a set piece is taken, nine times out of ten it will result in a goal. It would be nice to see a completely unpredictable engine which keeps even the game's seasoned professionals guessing...

They're my two biggies which I felt I had to inform you of because they would really improve my experience with the game and I hope this would resonate with other users.

Thanks anyway, this year's installment has been really good and I look forward to a further improved game next year!

I usually use the "pick team" option instead of manually selecting each player. However, I don't always agree with my assistant manager either.. Would it be a good idea to add a feature where you could assign each player a squad status, and make the assistant select the key players over the not so good ones? I guess condition would have to be part of this too, so that a key player with 70 % fitness doesn't get picked over the squad rotation-guy at 100 %.

Thing is, I've seen that players actually do have a squad status at the moment (tap player and then sub-screen "contract"), but those are set by the game and nothing I can adjust.

I'd love more options for disciplining players, particularly the option to fine them.

When a player gets sent off a few minutes into an important match for throwing a strop at the ref I'd like to be able to fine him a few weeks wages, rather than simply criticise him in a very general manner. The old CM3 system where you could select a punishment and a reason would be nice.

one thing that i would really like is to have more control of your reserve team. for example, i start my career with oviedo in 3rd division in spain. in a few years i get them up to first division, but my reserve squad always gets stuck in 3rd, even if i put in some of my best youth talent and purchase some outside talent. i would like my reserve squad to play second division like real madrid castilla or barca B, that way my youth talent gets to play better teams than they would if they were on loan and i can keep up with their progress easier.

• 2 weeks later...

love the game guys, always get the handheld version as alot quicker as dont have time for pc version, just have a few things id like to see added.

1. id love to see before kick off and ht team talks

2.being able to be a national manager at the start of the game. i know you have to win the world cup or something to unlock it, but id like to start as a national manager.

3. when a managers job is v. insecure it would be good to have a button where you can declare and interest in the job.

4. having more say with the youth and ressies team.

5. hiring and firing back room staff.

6. being able to fine players.

7.it seems every transfer i make i always spend way of the players value but when it comes to me selling asking for a few more 100 k then they cancell the transfer! gets really annoying.

i love the game but after a few seasons it gets quite boring and predictable, as soneone said i always seem to know when theirs going to be a goal.

also iv noticed the last few games alot of time when i go to make a sub and waiting for it i always seem to concede before i can make my sub!

and iv never ever had a red card resciended.

also id like to add would be helpfull to check previous seanons ie where u came in the league your too g/ and assis men and stuff

like i said love the game few extra features would.make it awsome

just want to add to the bit where i said about getting over priced on transfers, it would also be ideal if a player is transfer listed or handed in a request that they get sold for their value!?

after typing my last post iv just gone on to the game and someone iv scouted has req a transfer his value 2.5 mill yet i enquire and they want 7mill!

cheers guys not moaning just ideas ?

ah 1 more thing....!!! would be usefull to have a pick previous team button or something as when i play league cup or jpt etc i like to give fringe players a run out and sometimes make 15 changes, when come.back to league game.would be handy to.have a button that goes to previous team selection as very long to then choose the other 15 and if a replay have to change again after. and aometimes if abroad i dont know some players and sometimes leave them out as.forgot who they are!

I have at least 2 red card rescinded a season - I get loads if them as I play with the highest tacking setting

If a player gets transfer listed then there's no reason the club should know accept his value - called playing hardball

On a separate note is there a reason why you can't manage either Brazil or Argentina?

..... Sure someone will advise me why but know I could on the Championship Manager PC game from about 5 years ago.

On a separate note is there a reason why you can't manage either Brazil or Argentina?

..... Sure someone will advise me why but know I could on the Championship Manager PC game from about 5 years ago.

You can, but ony if you choose Brazil as the primary league.

First of all, i love this game. Still even the best thing can be improved ;)

1. More intelligent AI tranfer approach.

e.g. Manchester City buying tons of unneccesary players, most of them rarely getting playing time.

2. Loans:

It is not realistic to be able to loan out players to first league teams with a recall clause (Imagine Courtouis, Lukaku beeing recalled whenever Chelsea wanted).

AI Teams should loan out more players (Real life example Udinese), also big teams like Man City, Real etc. should loan out players instead of sitting on more than 40 player per team.

Right now u can loan out even star players, in real Lfe they would be more than pissed if i try that. ;)

3. Strikers

With top teams it doesnt really matter who u are starting as a striker, because they all score ridicolous amounts of goals. Also, if i take a look around, players, who are able to score more than one goal per game in average are common (36 games/40 goals etc.)

Also it would be cool if there were more hidden attributes, so u can see more players underperforming even though they are high rated and vice versa.

4. Revamped Scouting System

Scouting could be improved. more depth and challenge.

5. Improved financial system

If u make it to the championsleague regulary, a yearly transfer budget of 100.000.000 and more are common, and is a bit overexaggerated.

6.Improved Rating system

Defensive midfielder always have the best rating in my team, the rating logic as a whole could be improved. My team ratings seem to be higher than opponents in general

7. Improved in-game "Overview" interface:

Right now, all u can see is who scored and some statistics. I always change manually to the home/away stats to get a better overview.

At least add who assisted to the goal scorer, but with the space available there could be lot more information on the overview screen.

8. Improved Match engine logic.

I don't need better graphics, but the match engine is flawed with ridicolous bugs and unlogic gameplays, i'm pretty sure everyone is aware of.

Also, u can predict when goals happen. (Moving before set piece; goalkeeper coming out etc.)

9. More historic details.

I m aware of the concerns that smartphones arent computers, but more historic statistics would be appreciated.

Also, it think it is essential to a managing game to be able to look back on former players, historic transfers and statictics.

I would like to see how former players developed. Or statistics of my favorite players after their retirement.

10. More general statistics. If my team is underperforming i should be somehow able to look into some statistics that could help single out the main problems of my team compared to others.

Like underaverage tackling percentage,corner goals etc.

11. More playable national teams

12.More in-game options considering corners and indirect freekicks.

Right now it seems that u cant do anything against it if u receive a lot of set-piece goals. Also the heading and positioning attributes dont seem to influence the outcome of these situations that much (defensivwise).

13. Awards

if players or the coaches are getting awards they should be listed somewhere

14. More transfer/loan options

15. Tactic screen should be the main screen in the team section, not the squad screen

16. Improved contract extension logic.

Right now i am able to sign and extend all my top players for multi year contracts, even if they weren't in the starting formation or unhappy or whatsoever.

Also there is no risk involved in doing so, because u can sell them whenever u want.

For example, if i'm chelsea and a player is underperforming and overpaid with a 4 year contract, it shoudnt be that easy to sell him to smaller clubs, because the player would be reluctant to sign with a smaller team for less money.

17. Cancel transfer exploit.

If u win a bidding war, u are able to cancel the transfer and get the player for less money because nobody is competing anymore.

18. Add "Second team" button

If i wanna rest my first team players in a less important game and start with my bench players i have to change them manually, would be cool if there were an easier solution to this :)

Can the International Team World Rankings be displayed in a table format & updated at the start of every month. Currently you have to go to the info screen of each country to see where they stand, and I still have no idea what time during each month it gets updated? Small thing, but would make me enjoy international management more as I can watch my progress up the table.

I'd like to see a different skin set out what doesn't depend on your screen size, so like the new one for the bigger screen resolutions but for all devices.

It would also be great if you could possibly get more licenses for FMH 15 so more club logos and correct competition names?

Also a option to watch the game instead of certain parts of it, so like full game instead of live commentary