Bug with forum & STEAM screenshots uploader

FrazT asked me to post this in general forum, as there was no reply in the bugs forum.

I have tried multiple times to upload screenshots through the forum uploader but it never responded.

I managed to work out how to do it through steam, although I must say it wasn't straight forward.

After I uploaded the screenshot, I pressed to view it full screen and copied the URL.

When I copied it on the forum thread, mozilla got stack and the only thing I could do was to shut my browser off.

Am I doing something wrong or is there an actual problem?

I've always had trouble linking to pics hosted on your Steam account as well, its not something they really make easy it seems.

The best way is to just upload the image to somewhere like Photobucket or Imageshack for example and then use their links in the forum.

• Administrators

You can use the Image button to host from a URL, just do as follows:

Click the image button

Click the tab 'From URL'

Untick 'Retrieve remote file and reference locally'

It'll work now.

You can use the Image button to host from a URL, just do as follows:

Click the image button

Click the tab 'From URL'

Untick 'Retrieve remote file and reference locally'

It'll work now.

Unfortunately, I tried to upload screenshots from my HD, but there was no such an option as 'Retrieve remote file and reference locally'

I just pressed the "basic uploader" option (bottom right of uploading window) but it says that either my account is not activated yet or I just don't have enough privileges yet :eek:

SpartanUtd. Are you talking about the Manage Attachments button in additional options of this forum? If you are I don't think it works. That's not how people post pics. At least it's not how I post them. Is that what you mean?

I am talking about the 3rd button from the end from the left, on the bar of the editor when you type a thread or comment.

If you hover your mouse over it it says "Image". When you press it, you are given 2 options: one to upload form your HD, which is non responsive and the other to put a url of the pic.

I've been advised before to post my screenshot on Steam. That can be achieved (I think) by pressing F12 (Alt+F9 saves screenshots on your HD only).

Then, you copy & paste the url from Steam to the SI uploader and you should get the screenshot on site.

I've tried that too and it says that I might not have the right to do it by SI, or I might not be able to access my account and things that they don't make sense at all!

So, at the end of the day, nothing works!

How would you upload a screenshot?

I use Photobucket, upload my pics onto my account and then just copy the IMG links direct into my reply.

That's exactly how I do it too.

This feature, (that doesn't work and I don't think has ever worked), was not even theoretically possible on the old forum, so a lot of the guys that have been around for a while never even knew about it. I only found out, (over Christmas I think), when someone asked a question similar to yours.

I know it's possible to save pics to steam and host them from there, (at least I think that's how it works), but the old-fashioned way is to upload the pic to photobucket or imageshack or the like and then link from the page there to here.

You have a choice of embedding a link which means that you click on a set of characters or text and this opens the relevant picture, (using the direct link), or to post the picture directly into the thread, (using the IMG link).

I never use the forum uploader, just do it manually. So go into your steam profile and content, find the picture you want and click it to open it in your browser. Right click and choose "copy image URL" or words to that effect and then come into the forum here.

Use the 9C46E192DAC41B6072A933282E37F62896C0A635

utter shameless plug of best ever FM14 result to boot...

Archived