Playing two strikers

Okay so I manage in France, OM to be precise and have had extreme sucess. Winning 7 league titles in my 10 seasons in charge. We are currently the most dominant we have been winning back to back to back titles. I signed a young english lad 5 seasons ago for striker and he has eventually started to come good, scoring 20 goals already this season and it isn't even December, however i struggle to want to play him.

Yes he is a goal machine but only recently, before him there was a string of big (I mean BIG(61mil)) strikers at the club and one of them is still here, still captain and well, doesn't get to play despite being on 100k a week. My problem only gets worse when you see I have aactually just signed a second 'young' striker from german, at a cost of 24 mil, looks near identical to Jake Gayle(The english lad) and will join in January.

Needless to say i didn't know Jake's form this season before signing off on the german lad. Now when he comes in January I want to play him and Jake(or the captin) but my tactic is currently a 4-2-3-1 so how can i alter this to work with 2 striker.

I have thought 4-2-2-2 and lose the CAM but i do not know if that will work. Thoughts from anyone on how to go from 4-2-3-1 to a formation with 2 strikers, also my RAM and LAM are that, they are not LM and RM at all.

Are the "strikers" all out and out strikers, or can they perform out at AML/R?

I often find that I end up with interchangeable strikers who can perform across the AML / AMR, ST and AMC positions.

It's often easier and less disruptive to integrate players into an established system, than it is to introduce a whole new system to accommodate just one or two new players.

I once played a normal STC, I think as Poacher, with a smaller, faster, STC/AMR, I think as a DLF or F9.

It worked really well, One was the striker and one was his support, kinda like a playmaker. He would feed the other guy with passes, and stay behind, as he wasn't any good at headers.

Archived