Losing the love - help needed

well as my title says i'm starting to lose the love of FM.

my question is can someone recommend me a challenge/team to manage on FM14 that will keep me entertained and hopefully rekindle my love for FM.

Thanks in advance

I guess it's different for different people. I found that I was getting frustrated with saves and kept restarting, but I've currently settled on one whereby I manage a top club, and challenge myself to sign only players who are aged 16 or below - seems to add a new dimension to the game and I've just entered my third season having done pretty well so far.

I do wonder how this personal challenge would work with a smaller club, and I'm tempted to try - but I'm determined not to restart again!

I keep having sideways glances at some challenges that are mentioned. Someone mentioned the Red Bull challenge, where you move from one Red Bull club to the next and win everything (New York, Salzburg, Brasil and Leipzig) and that looks tempting..

But no, I don't think there's any straightforward fix to get back in love with the game. You just need to find that one team that grabs you and keeps you there.

Yea, it forces you to keep players you might otherwise get rid of whilst you train up youngsters to replace them.. and the satisfaction of blending younger players into the squad makes it pretty rewarding.

The 'Celtic '67' challenge is always a good one. Basically it's winning a the Champions League with only local born players/players that came through the youth academy. You can do it with any team, depending on how difficult you want to make it (winning it with a village in Liechtenstein is a tad trickier than with Barca for example!), but it's a lot of fun!

I may be biased but Hearts are good to go. 15 point deduction, unable to sign players but a lot of good but inexperienced youngsters(esp holt,paterson,wilson,carrick) which should be enough to keep you up. In the following seasons you should get some money to spend and face the difficult challenge of beating celtic to the title.

Start at the bottom on a journeyman career. Either Skrill north or south in england or abroad somewhere. I'm currently with a Swedish team that I've got promoted from the lowest league, but wondering if I should dip my feet in the job market and see if anyone else wants/would have me. :D

Archived