Suggestion for FM2015

I would definitely like to have more control and more options on the commercial direction of my club: for instance, being able to control the club shop and set prices for merchandise; try to exploit overseas opportunities and help to develop new commercial markets; change the kit colours design; have new ranges of refreshments and be able to set prices for programmes and refreshments in the ground, etc.

Thanks. I'd been looking for the correct thread for ages but couldn't spot it.

In hindsight you may be right about the control of commercial interests.

Like I said I would find a game with these options highly enjoyable, I was just pre-empting SI's response that they are developing a management sim.

Sometimes I do bust out Premier Manager 99 just for the sake of these types of things though

Belongs in this thread.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/306914-What-s-that-A-new-Wishlist-Thread-What-you-would-like-to-see-in-future-FM-versions./page34

Whilst I don't necessarily disagree with you that it would be enjoyable, ultimately none of that is done by the manager

Not alot of what can be done in football manager is done by the manager to be fair.

SI should bring out a sister game, Football Owner/Chairman. Would be a very interesting game, I'd like to see how it goes with someone else picking the players and tactics, and you putting pressure on them for a change.

That said, Madden 25 has a mode like this, and has the micro management of the club shop and everything down the the finest detail, I didn't enjoy adjusting the price of hotdogs(and a multitude of different foods, drinks, merch, etc) every week quite so fun.

I've argued against this before, but there is scope for it in the game I think, (if the demand is there of course). I can say that I might be tempted to have a little go at a DoF role, (because I have holidayed like that in the past), but I'm nor sure that the full Chairman role appeals to me. Having said that, how many times have I posted about stadium builds and training and youth facility upgrades?

I suppose like anything the demand has to be there and it has to be within an area that first of all SI are able to do well, but also, do in a way that it makes the game better or at the very least more profitable. While there might be some small improvements possible within the game in these areas. (1) It's not going to drive any additional sales so what's in it for SI? (2). Would we rather the existing workforce at SI towers spend valuable time expanding in these areas or keep their resources focussed where they are most needed? I think we all know the answer to that one.

When creating a new manager, I feel there's a lack of options when it comes to your managers previous experience.

I would love to see that your manager could be signed from within the existing members of staff (i.e. Tim Sherwood, Jordi Roura and so on). As an option you could choose "previous member of staff" or something like that. Good idea?

Has anyone played football chairman on iphone / android

It is ultra-basic, you control a transfer budget and can buy or sell players with/without the managers permission. And up/down grade the stadium.

The manager picks the team, the whole season including cups lasts an hour(ish) It's massive (and I mean MEASSIVELY) addictive!

With the underlying AI and ME of FM, it'd be great to be able (as paid for DLC) to be a DoF or a chairman. I don't know if the idea would work, but I'd be more than tempted to give it a go.

I would definitely like to have more control and more options on the commercial direction of my club: for instance, being able to control the club shop and set prices for merchandise; try to exploit overseas opportunities and help to develop new commercial markets; change the kit colours design; have new ranges of refreshments and be able to set prices for programmes and refreshments in the ground, etc.

It is definitely true that it isn't a managers job to set any of this stuff, however I do think that the things you have mentioned would at least be of slight concern to the manager and most certainly be relevant to the state/direction of the club. So for most of the things you mention I would back them being visible, but not controllable, unless you are playing as chairman (if that gets introduced.)

1. "being able to control the club shop and set prices for merchandise."

This could work as an indicator of your fans personality and affluence and also as an indicator of your clubs popularity or brand within football. I can't remember all of the fan personality attributes from the editor, but things like "patience," "affluence," "loyalty" could all be represented through here. Low patience may see a news item saying that fans have organised a boycott of the club shop, for example. High patience could see your sales remain relatively stable even in bad times. Affluence is obvious in terms of how much items cost. Loyalty could be an interesting one. Perhaps the introduction of a "visibility" stat for your club in terms of, for example, how many shirts can be seen out in the street. If your fans are highly loyal then this could remain more constant, with disloyal fans being more likely to be ashamed and wear something else. What would visibility affect? Perhaps the perceived size/importance of your club to casual fans of football.

So I would like to see the club shop(s) and how many of them there are, how much stuff they manage to sell, and how much it sells for. A list of the most popular players would be VERY useful to add immersion to the game, and could add an extra element to transfers in and out.

This ties in with 2. "try to exploit overseas opportunities and help to develop new commercial markets"

The most obvious thing here is that there should be much, much more feedback about the popularity of your club internationally. If I have three of Sweden's stars all playing for me in the Premiership then I want to be able to see that Swedish people like my club, and buy the shirts etc. I would like the same "visibility" stat to apply here and be able to see how it compares to other teams. I would like similar information to 1. available here, like in which countries do I have a club shop, or supporters group? Am I more popular than my rivals? Is the area in question currently a large or small market. etc.

Totally agree with 3. "change the kit colours design." I used to use FMRTE to change the away and third strips each year.

4. "have new ranges of refreshments and be able to set prices for programmes and refreshments in the ground" This would come under 1. for me, no need to set this unless I am chairman, but it would be interesting to see what these values were and how they compared to other clubs, and also how the fans perceived it.

As an extra point which I think ties into this whole thing, I have previously posted that I would like the personality and reputation of players to be expressed in game in similar ways to this, with more information about their private lives that would indicate to me their likely personality attributes. I would also like reputation in the game to be expanded such that all personnel can have a high reputation value, but still have a "bad reputation," for example being known for being unprofessional, or outspoken. All of this would culminate in a kind of "marketability rating" which would dictate the commercial potential of any particular player. This would be relevant to how many shirts they have the capacity to sell, how easily their international reputation could grow, and also things like how likely they are to get endorsement deals.

I would like to be able to give my highest shirt seller a double-digit squad number and see my revenue from his sales increase.

I would like to be able to deliberately sign players from large and lucrative markets and see my club get a foothold in this region and make loads of money.

I would like to be signing a player for this money even if he isn't the best player I could get.

I would like to see other teams managing to wrestle my dominance in a particular region away from me, and for finances to suffer as a result.

I would like to have to sell Charlie Adam because he makes my club unpopular with everyone except his mum.

I would like a player to want to leave because he doesn't feel that his commercial potential can be reached at my club.

I would like to lose popularity in a region because one of my unprofessional players caused a public outrage while on tour there.

I would like my chairman to tell me he wants to pursue certain regions, and allow me more finances in situations where I am doing that.

I would like to know what countries have supporter groups and maybe even see flags of that nation being held by my fans in the 3d ME view.

I would like to be able to play friendlies or tournaments in regions I am popular in and have it be a big deal financially and in the local media.

I would like a player to sign because "he believes that the exposure of the club in Asia will vastly enhance his commercial opportunities."

I would like to know upon taking over that all the locals are wearing my rivals shirts, and over time see my success make this change in my favour. (or vice versa)

I would like more players in regions I am popular in to develop my club as a favoured club.

I would like for a successful international campaign to increase the market for football in a particular nation, and then for clubs to compete for popularity there.

I think there is a lot that could be done with this that would make playing the game much more fun.

Not alot of what can be done in football manager is done by the manager to be fair.

What do you feel isn't done by the manager?

I accept that at some clubs the manager will have no or little say in transfers, but I know that for my local pro club FM is almost a straight match. I guess it all depends on the level of football

It is definitely true that it isn't a managers job to set any of this stuff, however I do think that the things you have mentioned would at least be of slight concern to the manager and most certainly be relevant to the state/direction of the club. So for most of the things you mention I would back them being visible, but not controllable, unless you are playing as chairman (if that gets introduced.)

1. "being able to control the club shop and set prices for merchandise."

This could work as an indicator of your fans personality and affluence and also as an indicator of your clubs popularity or brand within football. I can't remember all of the fan personality attributes from the editor, but things like "patience," "affluence," "loyalty" could all be represented through here. Low patience may see a news item saying that fans have organised a boycott of the club shop, for example. High patience could see your sales remain relatively stable even in bad times. Affluence is obvious in terms of how much items cost. Loyalty could be an interesting one. Perhaps the introduction of a "visibility" stat for your club in terms of, for example, how many shirts can be seen out in the street. If your fans are highly loyal then this could remain more constant, with disloyal fans being more likely to be ashamed and wear something else. What would visibility affect? Perhaps the perceived size/importance of your club to casual fans of football.

So I would like to see the club shop(s) and how many of them there are, how much stuff they manage to sell, and how much it sells for. A list of the most popular players would be VERY useful to add immersion to the game, and could add an extra element to transfers in and out.

This ties in with 2. "try to exploit overseas opportunities and help to develop new commercial markets"

The most obvious thing here is that there should be much, much more feedback about the popularity of your club internationally. If I have three of Sweden's stars all playing for me in the Premiership then I want to be able to see that Swedish people like my club, and buy the shirts etc. I would like the same "visibility" stat to apply here and be able to see how it compares to other teams. I would like similar information to 1. available here, like in which countries do I have a club shop, or supporters group? Am I more popular than my rivals? Is the area in question currently a large or small market. etc.

Totally agree with 3. "change the kit colours design." I used to use FMRTE to change the away and third strips each year.

4. "have new ranges of refreshments and be able to set prices for programmes and refreshments in the ground" This would come under 1. for me, no need to set this unless I am chairman, but it would be interesting to see what these values were and how they compared to other clubs, and also how the fans perceived it.

As an extra point which I think ties into this whole thing, I have previously posted that I would like the personality and reputation of players to be expressed in game in similar ways to this, with more information about their private lives that would indicate to me their likely personality attributes. I would also like reputation in the game to be expanded such that all personnel can have a high reputation value, but still have a "bad reputation," for example being known for being unprofessional, or outspoken. All of this would culminate in a kind of "marketability rating" which would dictate the commercial potential of any particular player. This would be relevant to how many shirts they have the capacity to sell, how easily their international reputation could grow, and also things like how likely they are to get endorsement deals.

I would like to be able to give my highest shirt seller a double-digit squad number and see my revenue from his sales increase.

I would like to be able to deliberately sign players from large and lucrative markets and see my club get a foothold in this region and make loads of money.

I would like to be signing a player for this money even if he isn't the best player I could get.

I would like to see other teams managing to wrestle my dominance in a particular region away from me, and for finances to suffer as a result.

I would like to have to sell Charlie Adam because he makes my club unpopular with everyone except his mum.

I would like a player to want to leave because he doesn't feel that his commercial potential can be reached at my club.

I would like to lose popularity in a region because one of my unprofessional players caused a public outrage while on tour there.

I would like my chairman to tell me he wants to pursue certain regions, and allow me more finances in situations where I am doing that.

I would like to know what countries have supporter groups and maybe even see flags of that nation being held by my fans in the 3d ME view.

I would like to be able to play friendlies or tournaments in regions I am popular in and have it be a big deal financially and in the local media.

I would like a player to sign because "he believes that the exposure of the club in Asia will vastly enhance his commercial opportunities."

I would like to know upon taking over that all the locals are wearing my rivals shirts, and over time see my success make this change in my favour. (or vice versa)

I would like more players in regions I am popular in to develop my club as a favoured club.

I would like for a successful international campaign to increase the market for football in a particular nation, and then for clubs to compete for popularity there.

I think there is a lot that could be done with this that would make playing the game much more fun.

Good post. I think you've got exactly to the point of this - there are a lot of things that are absolutely not the manager's job. However, that doesn't mean he wouldn't find those things interesting to know, or influence. That can't hurt. As long as they don't add in the manager choosing how much a can of coke costs.

When creating a new manager, I feel there's a lack of options when it comes to your managers previous experience.

I would love to see that your manager could be signed from within the existing members of staff (i.e. Tim Sherwood, Jordi Roura and so on). As an option you could choose "previous member of staff" or something like that. Good idea?

It's great idea and has been suggested many times. I feel certain that this will make its way into FM at some point.

• 1 year later...

I agree with YKW- most of your points as nuances which would improve small details of the game which become important when you get addicted to it.

However for me the things that are most annoying -

- the lack of realism in the appointments of managers by teams not controlled by the user-

( EG. Owen Coyle takes the Norwich job, achieves nothing and gets sacked in February, in March he gets the Everton job, the next December he gets sacked and then

moves onto Cardiff and on and on and on, the manager merry-go-round is true but in my experience FM never seems to accelerate young managers, force unsuccesful ones down the ladder or appoint realistic ones to the big jobs- EG I noticed in my game play Mick McCarthy at Man City after he had won an FA Cup as Stoke manager... ((Which IRL obviously would be fantastic... but hardly realistic))

- The Awards for Dream Team or Player of the Year

Why does everyone in other leagues score half as many goals, have half as assists but still have 8.5 Average Rating? Yet my 50 goal a season striker has a 7.75 Average? Some weird s### right there.

- After you leave

This is one of my most passionate suggestions. When you have been at a club for a long time, won everything, become a legend and then leave. there should be more consideration. The two things I would most like to see are;

-club appointing a long serving coach/ your assistant as next manager

-club asking you for suggestions on who they should appoint

-Get the club Legends right

The club legends only ever go to players who win the awards. Therefore the right back who has come through the youth system and played 555 games doesn't even get into favoured personal but the brazilian attacking midfielder who scored shed loads won awards then demanded a transfer is a legend. This is so stupid. If a player breaks club records for appearances or goals he should be certainty for icon/ legend status imo.

Also I would like it if a new FM told you the clubs top10 all-time goalscorers / appearances makers so you could see how your players ranked compared to other legends. Because at some clubs its almost impossible to break their appearance record so you never get to compare your players.

• 1 year later...

Archived