Managers profiles....

Although it may not be important to many, for me this is one of the areas with scope for biggest improvement within the game. I shall elaborate...

In my current saved game, and again I stress although not important, I currently have a guy called 'Oddmund Davik Otterlei' listed as someone who I 'get along with' so to speak, in the game expressed as 'best opinion'. I thought it strange at first, having never heard of the guy, so looked into him and he has absolutely nothing to do with either my club (he's in charge of Brattvag, a group of Norweigan part-timers whilst I'm in the Premier League), any former players, current staff members - never played each other nor had any transfer dealings... Absolutely nothing links us, not even a youth player (and I've researched this extensively) yet there he is... Supposedly one of the top five people in football I share a good relationship with. Just thought it was a bit odd...

Secondly is the minor 'Interaction Style'. Have found that this can go from 'Rarely communicates directly to his players' to 'His door is always open to his players' in the blink of an eye. Speak to one or two players maybe once ever three months and instantly you're regarded as an extremely open manager.

Another minor bugbear of mine is that transfer expenditure from previous managers and dealings you had absolutely nothing to do with shows up in your 'Money Spent/Made from players' statistic. For example, if you take over a club in financial trouble, or not, who had a previous manager that's paying millions upon millions in monthly installments for a player this expenditure shows up on your profile as the game advances rather than their own.

It's extremely petty of me picking up on these things, I know, but I take an awful lot of pride in having as positive a managers profile as possible... Simply feel a little fine tuning in these areas would improve the whole experience.

I completely agree, both that it shouldn't be important and also that it really really is

Yeah, it's sort of a funny one this issue. Has no affect upon the game itself and is purely cosmetic, but still...

... I'd also like a little more care to go into our own biographies. Perhaps highlighting an important game in which a last minute goal was scored (akin to how Alex Ferguson and the Mark Robins goal vs Forest way back when keeps being referenced as a pivotal moment in his career, despite his book saying otherwise), a transfer maneuver at some point which sparked things into life.. Something, anything rather than just 'Won this then, then and there' etc...'.

I've always wanted to see my manager's own attributes, since you can see your player's attributes, your staff's attributes, the attributes of other team's staff (and yes, I know you can DL Genie Scout and peek, but then the temptation's there to peek at everything else behind the curtain).

I take the positive/negative interactions quite seriously, when I took over Stirling Albion and got them up to the Scottish Premier, it didn't take long to develop a serious dislike to Neil Lennon - I mean, he started it first, but now in press conferences I use that "additional comments" blank to slag him mercilessly. I can't figure out why other coaches say all sorts of critical things in press conferences, but you look at their profile and it say "they hope to be friends with me"?

Archived