Duncan Greenwood.

I was just viewing one thread or another and I had a quick shufty at who else was viewing the thread. To my amazement, I found that the best player in my 2027 San Marino save was online and viewing the same thread! :eek:

Not only that, but he's only a member of the testing team! :eek::eek:

Duncan Greenwood, meet the real Duncan Greenwood.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/SM2014/DuncanGreenwoodNov2027_zps0962c73d.png

DuncanGreenwoodNov2027_zps0962c73d.png

Not too shabby at all!

Is this linked to your testing team status that you can be in the game as a Newgen, or is it complete conincidence? I would love it if staff info is added to the database for future Newgens. Please tell me it's true. Please. :lol:

[Edit]

Now it could of course be a complete coincidence but.....

Favourite team of Duncan Greenwood of SI testing team..... Newcastle Utd.

Favourite team of Duncan Greenwood of FM2014 in 2027..... Newcastle Utd.

[Edit2]

Place of birth? Bristol?

He looks shocking, you should sell him :D

I wish. He's not my player and as I am yet to qualify for the Champions League, I haven't even played against him yet. With any luck I will qualify for the Champs league just as he is getting old and past it.

:lol:

So is this a feature of sorts then?

I knew that staff could be in the game, but I didn't realise they could be regens.

Researchers and testers get to submit a little bit of info (Place of birth, date of birth, favourite team and position (if I remember correctly)

Then there is a slightly increased chance of a regen of that name appearing at your favoured club. with your town of birth and your date of birth (different year obviously).

Once before the youth players were generated, I saved and loaded about 60 times and Never got a Matthew Palmer, born in Kingston Upon Thames on the 20th March playing for Gillingham so the chance is still pretty small.

If the place and D.O.B. are also the same and Duncan supports the team he started his career at then that'll be what happened.

Shout out to Garry Pettigrew - I think he is a tester as well, appeared in my Derby County game last year, and was looking like one of the best players of his generation until his career was cruelly cut short by a vicious crash dump:

Pettigrew_on_form_Cluj.png

Pettigrew_progression.png

Archived