£500m windfall. What the...?

I've been grinding the transfer market quite a bit with my Forest Green side, selling one or two top players on 40+ months installments each season, which in turn has allowed me to have a very high wage budget considering our small 12k stadium. It was built in 2006 (and it's currently 2023) so I was still expecting to wait another 3 years to start building a new one and then maybe 2-3 years for it to be completed.

Then all of a sudden I get this message:

oyHOZzb.png

Right click -> View image to see a bigger pic

Anyone had this before?

What will happen if I accept? Will the 20 years limit still be in effect so I would have to wait? And is it a loan or "investment" ?

To be honest I'm kind of enjoying the limiting financial factor of the current stadium, so I'm pondering if this will result in a new stadium that the challenge would be gone and I would lose interest. Should I accept?

Never had it myself (and as I just finished a season last night and probably won't play much today if at all, it won't happen this year either) but it's been common knowledge for years now, so while newer players may not be aware and probably would be surprised by it, unless you're at a very big club (and even then) it's so implausible that I'm amazed anyone doesn't immediately realize it's a joke. Great fun reading people's reactions to it today though :D

I've got to admit I've never seen it, (and typically I'm in August at the moment so no chance of seeing it this year), but even though I know it exists, I think it would probably get me if I saw the message flash up, (unless I had been on here and seen one of these threads first).

Love it. :applause:

I would like some randomness though.

Star Striker in shock retirement.

[insert club name here] were today stunned by the announcement that star striker Shooter McScoresalot has retired from professional football with immediate effect. The 20yo home grown talent, (who was top scorer last season and who was considered to be a potential World Class player of the future), announced to the media today that he has fallen out of love with the game and intends to back-pack across South America then travel onto South East Asia in an effort to "find himself". Sources at the club have been unable for comment however football fans in general are said to be stunned and fans of [insert club name here] are said to be outraged that a player can throw such gifted talent away on a whim.

The player has left the club and is no longer available for selection.

Can you imagine the outrage! :lol:

I had to spend all day playing the same save so I could get to April 1st, and got a generous $750million offer (which was of course withdrawn upon acceptance.) But I did get us qualified for Champions League next season, which was a nice bonus.

I have never had this but know about it obviously. My mate got this last year and clicked the accept button to find it was an April Fool. He then spent the best part of an hour moaning at me and saying how SI are pathetic (not my words!), immature and need to take this out of the game because it's not funny.

I don't think he was too happy then...

I have never had this but know about it obviously. My mate got this last year and clicked the accept button to find it was an April Fool. He then spent the best part of an hour moaning at me and saying how SI are pathetic (not my words!), immature and need to take this out of the game because it's not funny.

I don't think he was too happy then...

This just made the transfer budget joke incredibly funny :)

Archived