What causes the board to lower advised staff?

Just started a Liverpool save. Canned a few staff, brought in my own guys. Filled most of the categories to the advised level. Made some modest purchases on the transfer market - PLENTY of money left. Successfully requested an expansion of the number of scouts. I take care of a few other things then go to find some new scouts. Then I discover that not only do I not have the 18 advised, but 12 (less than my current 14) and advised staff across the entire board has fallen so I'm now over the limit everywhere.

One of the player contracts I renegotiated was to make Gerrard a player/coach. Is the board taking his huge (because of the player part) salary as a sign we're spending too much on coaches and should cut back?

Could have had something to do with the way I started the save? I started "in" Sweden in Feb 2014, then Holiday'd till the end of the current season. Then I took over before the footballing calender flipped. So if reputation changes from the previous season - when Liverpool did poorly and struggled to a mid table finish - applied in that window, that would explain the problem.

Archived