From complete mess to success! Bayern Quintuple!

Hey Guys,

Just thought I would share my tactic with everyone as it has been very successful for me this season ending with a Quintuple with Bayern Munich in the first season.

Now I know some of you will go, "ah well its Bayern, you should win everything anyway!" Well I have tried every tactic under the sun and have not had the success this tactic did!

This years FM for me has been one of the most frustrating experiences. I have played football manager games since the days of CM 03/04 and have always had good success with various teams until this years edition. The amount of times I have been sacked before Christmas in this game is stupid! I did go through a stage of just saying screw it, i'm not playing this game anymore it's rigged! and threw my laptop on the sofa everytime! Believe me I have wanted to put it threw the window numerous times with the amount BS this game has produced!

Now onto the reason why I'm posting, I was surfing the net the other day, on the BBC Sport website as I usually am and saw that Bayern Munich had won the Bundesliga 7 games early and I was just astonished at the achievement and the fact they are still in all the other competitions and on for a Quintuple!

After reading the story, I decided it was time to try and recreate their play as best I could and implement this into FM, knowing it was probably going to fail miserably.

I used Bayern's website and read match reports from the season and looked at the tactics they used for each of their games and tried to set myself on a tactic which was defensively sound whilst potent in attack.

After doing some research I settled on a 433 or 451, however you want to call it. Now my intent was to try and keep it simple and replicate the style of play Bayern use and the players in their best roles.

I came up with this. Balanced with a Control mentality. No individual player instructions or opposition instructions were used

General training used Balanced - High, Match training used Tactics throughout the season

tacticform_zpsdcb52471.png

Now this was the only tactic I used throughout the season and to try and kill games off if I was leading I would switch to counter.

Note - there isn't a link provided on here as this will take you 2 minutes to set this up! so don't be lazy! and there is no guarantee this will work with other teams, as I have only used Bayern for this test.

Tactic Analysis

tactics1_zps45985d48.png

Fixtures

fixture1_zpsfc1199da.png

fixture2_zps991a3546.png

fixture3_zps26b85879.png

fixture4_zps34b07701.png

You can see I beat Dortmund in the German Cup Final aswell as Real Madrid in the Champions League Final :brock:

Final League Table

table_zps6b1da644.png

Only conceded 11 goals in the league!

And we celebrated a famous Quintuple! first bit of success I have had on this game since it came out!

quintuplet_zps457d1fc3.png

So you used no player instructions?

:applause:

"No individual player instructions or opposition instructions were used"

just like you , i really liked the way Bayern plays. Your results looks good. defence is nice, as you conceded only 11 goals.

Archived