Leaves of absence?

I have a norwegian 19 year old midfielder named rocky lekaj - starts off at sheff wed with his brother leon. Basically he has a problem with homesickness, he first started having problems during the 08/09 offseason, wasn't a problem then, he was only away for friendlies. I brought his brother to the club to help him settle in more but he has 'personal problems' yet again, though now it is right in the middle of my season and he is one of my best midfielders. Though, being the compassionate manager that I am, I sent him home for the month. The thing is, will this keep on happening? Should I look for a more hardy replacement during his time away from the club?

It suggests he's rubbish at adapting - try get a Norwegian coach? Solskjaer springs to mind.

I'd also like to confirm whether this works: It doesn't work for "Personal problems" but I've twice cured adaptability problems simply by talking to the player. Bizarre?

In my experience, if the player has personal problems, it will keep recurring again and again, sometimes getting worse (one of my players ended up getting treated for depression!). I'd sell them, personally, but I've never seen it get this serious except at Blue Square level.

I'll try getting in a norwegian coach before I try and sack him, he cost me a lot of money (playing as halifax so the Blue Square issue is valid). I am interested about a player getting depression also, never seen it before. Though, sticking by this one player is probably not worth the hassle, i am having to get reserve team players to cover his left midfielder position - hardly ideal

I'll try getting in a norwegian coach before I try and sack him, he cost me a lot of money (playing as halifax so the Blue Square issue is valid). I am interested about a player getting depression also, never seen it before. Though, sticking by this one player is probably not worth the hassle, i am having to get reserve team players to cover his left midfielder position - hardly ideal

Wish I took a screenshot. I'm with Worcester and one of my players had personal problems. I got sick and tired of it recurring so I didn't bother sending him on leave, then by the end of the season, having been promoted, he suddenly got depressed for some odd reason. When I sent him on holiday, he returned "with personal problems" so I think depression is an "upgrade" or "has personal problems".

In hindsight, it didn't matter much as I released him on a free, where he found a new club with Newport Co. with no personal problems.

• 6 months later...

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but in the 16/17 years of me playing CM/FM i have never seen this before. I've had the odd things about players spotted leaving night clubs at early hours of the morning but i thought this was a great addition to FM (albeit he's one of my top strikers and i'd much prefer if he didn't suffer from depression). I was just wondering if anybody else has seen anything like this?

JasonBantonnews-1.jpg

JasonBanton.jpg

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but in the 16/17 years of me playing CM/FM i have never seen this before. I've had the odd things about players spotted leaving night clubs at early hours of the morning but i thought this was a great addition to FM (albeit he's one of my top strikers and i'd much prefer if he didn't suffer from depression). I was just wondering if anybody else has seen anything like this?

JasonBantonnews-1.jpg

JasonBanton.jpg

Yeah, I got the depression thing - sending him on a leave of absence will "downgrade" it to homesickness.

It only seems to happen in the lower leagues or poorer leagues, though - otherwise it's "struggling to adapt".

Haha, I was just looking through my old threads and I saw this. It never concerned me what happened to Rocky Lekaj in the end, as I accepted a job offer from Barnsley a few days later!

TBH, I would just sell him from looking at his happiness levels, Maybe a good striker, but if he is angry at 4 seperate things, not worth the risk imo.

Yeah, i'm thinking of selling him. I gave him a leave of absence for a month in which time it effected the morale of my whole team leading to some disappointing defeats against teams i should of beaten. Saying that though, on his return he's played 2 and scored 2 but like you said outlaw it's not worth the risk. Shame really as i plucked him from obscurity and he turned out to be a great striker.

I am having this problem with Chris Morgan in my Sheffield United save right now. He is a very important player for me and my captain and we just got promoted to the Premiership. I gave him a month off after our playoff final victory and he came back in time for pre season training/friendlies, but now he has more problems 3 days before we kick off out first match against Everton. :(

Archived