"Doom of Men" - "Field of Bones" - "Breaker of Chains"..... My final tactics set for FM14.3 !!

Greeting once more!

I did warn you about the tactic names...... think i've surpassed myself there :lol:

After a few false dawns, blind alleys and red herrings and a few decent tactics as well, i've finally settled on my tactics set for 14.3.

14.3 rewards the 'long game', dynasty building over a number of seasons adopting a multi faceted approach to the game which involves committing to a tactic set (doesn't have to mine, but you'll need more than one tactic), then scouting, recruiting talent, developing that talent all around the requirements of each role before ultimately ending up with 11 players who are masters in their chosen field. Then unbeaten seasons, domestic and global domination will become a possibility for all teams although the journey will be longer for some than others depending on your starting point.

In other words, if you pick a tactic, run it for 10 games, get bored and try another tactic you are missing out on the meat of the game. You've become a superficial tester of tactics. Your choice of course :brock:

UPDATED TACTICS SET 05/04/14 - What i'm running with.

I would run with this unless you are a top 4 team in top division. If you are a TOP 4 Team in TOP Division you can consider FOB below

We now have a DOM Home, DOM Away and DOM Maverick tactic.

The team instructions are the same on all the tactics so they should all be fairly resilient they just get progressively more attacking formations and player roles.

The original DOM tactic is the away tactic I have renamed them so its really easy to select tactic.

Home tactic - familiar formation but based on the DOM team instructions.

utH8rj6.png

https://www.mediafire.com/?sauv292da703n35

Maverick Tactic - Defensive team instructions + attacking formation. good combo for teams of all levels.

mVxj8mj.png

https://www.mediafire.com/?fepqtzncwnpbicj

Away tactic

N1Q1tIA.png

https://www.mediafire.com/?1thyyewz9o9sih9

WHEN TO USE WHAT !!

HOME GAMES

Strong Favourite - Maverick Tactic

Favourite - Home Tactic

Evens - Home Tactic

Under dog - Away Tactic

AWAY GAMES

Strong Favourite - Home Tactic

Favourite - Home Tactic

Evens - Away Tactic

Under dog - Away Tactic

TO PULL BACK A GOAL/RECOVERY = MAVERICK TACTIC

TACTICS

DOM HOME http://www.mediafire.com/download/sauv292da703n35/DOM_-_HOME.tac

DOM AWAY http://www.mediafire.com/download/1thyyewz9o9sih9/DOM_-_AWAY.tac

DOM MAVERICK http://www.mediafire.com/download/fepqtzncwnpbicj/DOM_-_MAVERICK.tac

I would be interested to see how top teams get on using the DOM only set. You will likely be starting a lot of games with the Maverick tactic.

RESULTS WITH PALACE USING DOM AWAY ONLY. SEASON 1 - NO TRANSFERS

VDssTa4.png

**********************************************************************************************

Top 4 team in top league. You can consider FOB as your main tactic with DOM Away as a back up when you need it.

HOWEVER, I'M PUSHING FOR CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WITH TONBRIDGE AND I'M STICKING WITH THE 'DOM' SET.

9svQswP.png

http://www.mediafire.com/download/yw59fghgd69gdm7/Field_of_Bones_(FOB)_14.3_F.tac

RESULTS WITH CHELSEA USING THIS TACTIC EXCLUSIVELY. SEASON 1 - NO TRANSFERS

ENc3Ev3.png

A pretty comfortable League win. A decisive tactic with few draws. Scored 94 league goals whilst still being excellent at the back.

Again, if I had used the other tactics in combination I think I would have picked up more points & goals.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll come to the 'overload' tactic in bit.

So what's going on?

Both tactics are strong down the spine, which is key on 14.3. If you play without a DM your CB's will close down anyone running into that area leaving massive holes in your defensive line.

Width is provided by the Wingbacks. I found this to be the optimal solution. You clearly need width but I didn't want to commit 4 players to it i.e 2 down both flanks so Wingbacks are ideal. They do however require defensive support on the flanks. This can be achieved in 2 ways. You can play 3 CB's as we do in the underdog tactic which means supported is provided BEHIND the Wingbacks or you can play 3 in midfield which means support is provided IN FRONT of the Wingbacks as we do in our Favourites tactic.

Both tactics features a lot of 'runners' from deep and this creates a highly mobile formation which transforms quickly as the situation requires. The Underdog tactic is more disciplined for obvious reasons.

The front 2 both a have a triple role to play. Create goals, score goals and create space to accommodate the runners from midfield. They will not be prolific goals scorers themselves as that burden is spread across the team but the will get their fair share.

Their is no getting away from it, your Wingbacks will be on the end of a lot of chances. Don't stress season 1 but moving forward they will need to be finishers. A minimum standard for me in the Premier league would '12' for finishing. Adjust down for lower levels. Re-training standard wide midfielders and attacking wide midfielders is a definate option. In my Chelsea save I retrained both Schurrle and Salah as Wingbacks and they were excellent when called upon.

'Breaker of Chains' - The Overload Tactic

Same formation as our favourites tactic but with Overload mentality, high tempo and tweaked team instructions.

When to use it; I would never start a game with this tactic. Use it when you are 1 goal down with 20 minutes to go. Whenever you are 2 goals down (with discretion).

Additionally i've noticed that when you are are comfortably winning at half time, your opponent 'shuts up shop'. I've started to go after them with this tactic at 2-0 or more sensibly 3-0 to try and crush them. Reverting back to standard tactics if they get a goal back. This approach is optional.

Changing Tactics mid games.

So the basic premise is this. When you are favourites use 'Field of Bones', when underdog use 'Doom of Men'. If even use 'Field of Bones' at Home, 'Doom of Men' away.

Mid game adjustments.

If using 'Field of Bones' and you only have a 1 goal lead after 65 minutes switch to 'Doom of Men' to protect.

If using 'Field of Bones' and you are 1 goal behind after 65 minutes switch to 'Breaker of Chains'.

If using 'Field of Bones' and you are 2 goals behind at any time switch to 'Breaker of Chains'.

If using 'Doom of Men' and you are behind at half time switch to 'Field of Bones'. If you are still behind on 70 minutes switch to 'Breaker of Chains'

Obviously the formations are slightly different. The best way to approach this without making substitutions especially and in theory you may end up changing a few times in the odd game is this.

DOM TO FOB

Move any CB with any level of familiarity of the DM position to Anchor when required. Push the Anchor into the CM support slot. (consider retraining one or two)

FOB TO DOM

Move CM support to Anchor. Anchor to 3rd CB. (consider retraining)

This gives you the flexibility to move back when you need to.

Sounds a bit complicated but it will soon be instinctive.

THE DOWNLOADS

DOOM OF MEN (DOM) - UNDERDOG

https://www.mediafire.com/?2frr5cb23y7lcmg

FIELD OF BONES (FOB) - FAVOURITE

https://www.mediafire.com/?8i432irp7e28etj

BREAKER OF CHAINS (BOC) - OVERLOAD

https://www.mediafire.com/?5gc73z0oodihbwl

MORE TO INFO TO FOLLOW BUT ENJOY FOR NOW!!

Solid set of names there, Mr R, as promised! Well done once again and thanks for sharing your hard work on 14.3

Will give these a run in due course and report back.

Also, how the heck did Everton finish 2nd in your FOB test!? lol

I cracked a smile when i saw the names :) beautiful :applause:

I look forward to getting to work with the new tactics (when the other half stops asking me how many hours i've spent on 'that game' over the last few weeks.

Looks magical stuff as always. Looking forward to the core atts posts :D

Have downloaded, plugged and about to play first game. Obviously nowhere near fluid but will keep you updated. As it turns out, I think my current save with AFC Telford in the Championship is ripe for the picking with these positions/roles.

Well, the names alone should instill fear in to opponents hearts!

I will take them in to test after i finish my current season. Don't want to plug them in midseason.

edit:

Actually, i will probably test these next time i start a new save.

I have built my current team specifically for TFF_Cross tactics and it's working well at the moment. Probably would need to sell/buy too many players in order to fully utilize different tactics.

Formation is not a problem, but player roles and requirements might be.

loving the new names and layout

but i think im gonna wait till end of season to train.. just finished pre season with rainmaker v3 and killed all i played...no tweeks either :o

and using tube v2 as backup :o

loving the new names and layout

but i think im gonna wait till end of season to train.. just finished pre season with rainmaker v3 and killed all i played...no tweeks either :o

and using tube v2 as backup :o

Good combo.

first impressions this morning were that the underdog tactic didn't work as well as the favourite tactic, even in obvious spots where you should be underdog. will report back when i've looked at it more.

first impressions this morning were that the underdog tactic didn't work as well as the favourite tactic, even in obvious spots where you should be underdog. will report back when i've looked at it more.

We'll see how the feedback comes in. Most Palace games I was pretty strong underdog. it might turn out we can use FOB a bit more liberally and reserve DOM for really tough games and to protect leads.

Someone with a top 6 side is only like to start with DOM 5 or 6 times a season anway.

Its Thursday night here, no work tomorrow (yessss) and wife and kids in bed :)

Time to crank up FM and try your new tactic set out.....looking forward to it bud :)

Thanks for the hard work.

Sounds like a plan.

Let us know how you get on, maybe half a season in ;-)

Mr Rosler, thanks again for your hard work. I am quite excited in starting a new game (Team to be decided!!) Same question as always do you use the same training as previous tactics, including pre season?

Once again thanks in advance

Mr Rosler, thanks again for your hard work. I am quite excited in starting a new game (Team to be decided!!) Same question as always do you use the same training as previous tactics, including pre season?

Once again thanks in advance

Yeah, get fluid asap. Don't worry about set piece training. I'd do a straight pick between attacking movement & defensive positioning. Unless I was with a really pants team I'd go attacking movement.

Well, the names alone should instill fear in to opponents hearts!

I will take them in to test after i finish my current season. Don't want to plug them in midseason.

edit:

Actually, i will probably test these next time i start a new save.

I have built my current team specifically for TFF_Cross tactics and it's working well at the moment. Probably would need to sell/buy too many players in order to fully utilize different tactics.

Formation is not a problem, but player roles and requirements might be.

Are the differences with TFF_Cross that big? If your squad is build for TFF_Cross, it should be possible to use this tactics I think

Are the differences with TFF_Cross that big? If your squad is build for TFF_Cross, it should be possible to use this tactics I think

It depends how Mr U Rosler has planned the required attributes. Once he updates that info, it will be easier to see how many players from my current squad would fit.

I think ideal for me would be to keep Cross as one tactic, but take the Favorite + Underdog tactics from Mr U Rosler's set in to the mix.

Then i would have three different tactics to cover most situations...

Looking good, can't wait to give this a go. Did you try various combinations of forwards? Just wondering what led you to the DLF - SS combo.

I tried EVERY combination of strikers and AMC roles excluding playmakers as I don't like them, that's why it's taken so long.

To be honest, all roles and combination of striking roles are very inconsistent, there is no killer combo. When there hot it's great, when not their hopeless.

That's why I've spread goalscoring across the team as much as possible.

Both our strike pair are set to 'move into channels' so they split, pulling defenders and creating space. They both close down as well.

So a couple of teamworkers really. When there not scoring they are still contributing,

I would expect 15 goals each and a good number of assists out of them in league games. No more unless you are a top team.

Are the differences with TFF_Cross that big?

Field of Bones has the same formation as TFF_Cross and about 80% of roles/duties are the same.

I've tested Field of Bones and I don't know why but TFF_Cross shows much better results for me.:confused:

I just hope i am going to love the results as much as i love the tactic names. Shall let you know how i go with my Chelsea team that has won the EPL for the past two seasons, the FA Cup past two/three (and at least once prior), and the League Cup on and off, tbqh not exactly sure how many times. The C/L i have only managed to get to the Q/Fs and recently the S/Qs consistently with any luck this will break that.

So I guess my striker with 'Moves into Channels' PPM should really come into his own, eh? Nice one!

Just as a note - your Overload tactic seems to have 3 centre backs, so it's not the same as the favourites formation, as you say in the OP. It's the same as the underdog formation. Unless something's gone wrong with the download links? Just thought I'd mention it as it might seem a bit counter-intuitive to some to ADD a CB and lose a CM when going all out for a goal.

So I guess my striker with 'Moves into Channels' PPM should really come into his own, eh? Nice one!

Just as a note - your Overload tactic seems to have 3 centre backs, so it's not the same as the favourites formation, as you say in the OP. It's the same as the underdog formation. Unless something's gone wrong with the download links? Just thought I'd mention it as it might seem a bit counter-intuitive to some to ADD a CB and lose a CM when going all out for a goal.

Will check when home from work. Doesn't sound right,?

Will check when home from work. Doesn't sound right,?

I'll download again to make sure but my download of Breaker of Chains has all the correct attacking team instructions (Overload, Roam from Positions etc) but has 3 CBs (2 are BPD and one CB) like the underdog tactic. Will let you know if it's an error I've made!

Field of Bones has the same formation as TFF_Cross and about 80% of roles/duties are the same.

I've tested Field of Bones and I don't know why but TFF_Cross shows much better results for me.:confused:

Hmmm...... I'd not seen that tactic, it does look very similar to FOB. I can't see the team instructions so don't know how similar they are. My Wingbacks bomb on so I would imagine they play out differently.

Not much I can do I now, few tactics around very similar to mine, only so many formations, that's the way it goes I guess.

I will PM the author now.

I'll download again to make sure but my download of Breaker of Chains has all the correct attacking team instructions (Overload, Roam from Positions etc) but has 3 CBs (2 are BPD and one CB) like the underdog tactic. Will let you know if it's an error I've made!

Its not an error, I've got the same from my download too. Have to say when I've needed to "go for it" in the 2 games I've been behind it has got me a draw and a win. Obviously needs checking/testing a lot more, but so far has worked.

Yes, there are a lot of similarities.

I have not tried these new tactics from Mr U Rosler yet, so i can't compare them.

Cross has however worked really well for me, so that's one reason i might not change tactics on my current save.

Looking forward to testing these out Rosler, had some considerable success with your previous 14.3 tactics last season with my Rangers save.

Won the SPL at a canter, Won the League Cup, finished 2nd in my CL group (Spurs, Rangers, Valencia, Stuttgart) and only narrowly lost out in the last 16 to Man Utd 2-0, all in the first season i was eligible to play in Europe.

Looking forward to starting my 2nd season with these Mr. R!

Have wrapped up the EPL with Chelsea and have one game left to play in that, plus the CL final against Barca. I also won the League Cup and was knocked out in the semi-final of the FA Cup on penalties. Used the Quickening and S&S 2 and only bought one player (Luke Shaw). Will be a lot more active in the transfer market both in and out during the summer, so can't wait for your player attributes to be posted.

Thanks as always for your dedication and hard work. It is much appreciated.

The 'overload' tactic should be based on FOB. I trialled both and put the wrong one up.

I'll correct that tonight.

I didn't think it wasn't an error on your part, I mean't Marchw hadn't made an error during his download/importing. Looking forward to tonight's updates

Cool, yeah I was just double checking I hadn't downloaded the wrong thing. Cheers Mr R as always for your work! Have to say, in desperation I threw in an untrained Field of Bones and it got me a win from a losing position. Granted only to a team I should have been beating anyway, but still, fairly exciting!

Feel a bit unworthy of praise now I've looked at Totalfootballfan's tactic.

It looks very similar although I don't know what differences there are in team instructions.

I tend to avoid looking at other tactics so not to influence my own which means this could happen.

I think I looked at this when Totalfootballfan first put it up, but he is on v8 now not sure if the formation has changed since the original,

I've apologised to him for any similarity.

Anybody who followed my tube tactic knows how I ended up at this formation.

For me to copy someone else's tactic at this point would be ridiculous.

So rest assured I developed this completely independently and the fact that myself and Totalfootballfan arrived at the same formation must mean we're onto a good thing.

It looks very similar although I don't know what differences there are in team instructions.

I tend to avoid looking at other tactics so not to influence my own which means this could happen.

I think I looked at this when Totalfootballfan first put it up, but he is on v8 now not sure if the formation has changed since the original,

So rest assured I developed this completely independently and the fact that myself and Totalfootballfan arrived at the same formation must mean we're onto a good thing.

I have used TFF_Cross for some time now and the formation has indeed developed along the way.

Originally the current main formation was only for "overload" tactic, at that time the WB's were FB's on the main tactic.

I think it was only V7 (or 6) that introduced the WB's.

Other roles have also gone through changes along the way.

I DL'd you tactic just to make some comparison. Yes, to formations are the same, but the TI's and PI's are quite different.

So, although looking similar at first glance, the tactics should play quite differently in actual match.

Edit : you should name heavy metal albums :p

Nobody thinks you copied a tactic Uwe , we all have followed you since the first silk and steel and know for a fact that the tactics were slowly developed through trial and error!

It is pretty common for most successful tactics to have many similarities at this point

EDIT : you should name heavy metal albums :p

Since adopting this with my Whitehawk team, when I was 'insecure' for being 6th in the Skrill Premier (FMC):

Played - 11

Won - 10

Lost - 1 (purely because I used my backups against a lower placed team to save 1sts for the FA Trophy final)

Scored - 25

Conceded - 7

Cleansheets - 6

This is the dogs proverbial.

EDIT: Won Skrill by 4 points.

Since adopting this with my Whitehawk team, when I was 'insecure' for being 6th in the Skrill Premier (FMC):

Played - 10

Won - 9

Lost - 1 (purely because I used my backups against a lower placed team to save 1sts for the FA Trophy final)

Scored - 24

Conceded - 7

Cleansheets - 5

This is the dogs proverbial.

Good to hear. Both tactics?

Archived