[FM14] [RELEASED] Vexillium for FM14 and FMC14

Drakestone

35gg.png

INTRODUCING VEXILLIUM - THE ALL-IN-ONE SKIN FOR FM2014 and FMC2014

Derived from the word 'vexillum' which means banner in Latin, this dark skin will suit any player whether you want the full experience in the original game or a more laid-back casual game using Football Manager Classic. This skin supports both the in-game editor and instant results button as well as user backgrounds. While I'm looking into creating an installer .exe for it this has yet to happen and will be included as an option in an upcoming update. This is the first major release so I expect to see a few bugs somewhere along the line (although I have stress-tested this as much as possible to minimise this possibility) Extra panels will be included in an upcoming update also although you can still manually install the option to have the team logo in the background in both small and stretched flavours.

SCREENSHOTS:

ri41.pngajbe.pngj607.png

l0xf.pngi5dg.png71y1.png

18az.pngn2q4.png42k8.png

9ecu.pngqq2k.png79ix.png0vge.png0pvh.png81pu.png

INSTALLATION:

For FM Edition:

Extract the vexillium and vexillium widgets folder to:

C:/Users/<yourusername>/My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2014/skins

If this folder does not exist, create it.

For FMC Edition:

Extract the vexillium and vexillium widgets folder to:

C:/Users/<yourusername>/My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2014/skins

For Both:

Extract the vexillium, vexilliumfmc and vexillium widgets folder to:

CHANGELOG:

31/3/14 - Updated to v1.2

1. I've sorted the fonts out so all fonts use Lato now.

2. I've put the next match day details back on the processing screen (and added something)

3. I've fixed some alignment issues

4. Fixed lack of continue button on FMC (still doesnt show on matchday, spacebar still required)

5. Fixed nation selection screen at game start

6. I've edited the background opacity overlay to be 40 not 60 so screens aren't so dark by default

7. Added FMC style panels to Vexillium FMC

20/3/2014 - Updated to v1.01

1. Fixed a bug that caused the FMC version to use the default text colours

2. Fixed an issue causing black writing on the match screen

20/3/2014 - Updated to final v1.0

1. Replaced all remaining images

2. Removed bgselector in favour of user backgrounds.

3. Changed actionbar background to black in a match to make things easier to read.

4. Created overlay on background to ensure writing is legible

5. Changed text colours on menus and match panels

6. Created in-game overlay so the match screen is dimmer, this prevents eye-strain aswell as making the match look more natural and realistic.

7. Improved the header to make it even more ribbon-like :p

8. Improved to processing panel so its easier to read.

9. Fixed any language bugs that were left over (I've had my game playing in Portuguese for the last 2 days :p)

15/3/2014 - Updated to final BETA v0.9b

1. Fixed lack of header image on the match screen

2. Replaced most buttons and other GFX (about 80% done now)

3. Fixed transparency and images in the processing screen

4. Removed transparency from sender bar in news feed to be more flat

5. Changed the dialog and wizard boxes

14/3/2014 - Updated to 0.8b

1. Graphics replacements done for all boxes, processing screen, header and menubar, still got buttons and other things to replace.

2. Fixed unreadable text issue on actionbar.

3. Text colours changed.

4. Show filters button working again.

11/3/2014 - First Release - Version 0.7b

CREDITS:

Kiwi for the base skin, Nuu, that I worked from.

kun for his work on the player panels (I have modified them slightly)

Me, for being patient enough to go through hundreds of images in Photoshop, editing and saving, editing and saving....

Everyone who BETA tested it and helped me go through fixing the bugs.

DOWNLOAD

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You mean the gold box Gunner? Was intended to be like that but can be changed.

Cheers Frogmore :)

Hello, Yep that and also the odd overlap at top of the inbox panel further up :) The overlap works to the right but looks like it shouldnt overlap at the top of the inbox if that makes sense!

@kun: Yes, and as soon as I can configure the bgselector to work with custom backgrounds aswell it will be back :)

@Gunner: The first thing is intentional but something I will change (at least for the gold must respond ones), the second one, i've tried replacing with something else a few times (so it matches the right side) but the news list below it disappears, so i'm stuck with that :s

I've asked for the other 2 threads to be closed Bulldog. They are not needed. The first one was started when this was just an idea rather than a skin and the FMC thread was for the beta, I've now unified the skins in one package as well as unifying the threads for support purposes.

In that screenshot, I don't like the way the grey "cuts" through the the word INBOX. That grey bar should extend (widen) until just above the date (Wednesday 31 January). Is this possible to do?

Apart from that, it looks really good.

I just noticed another thing. The little arrow next to a player's or team's name has been removed. It brings up a drop-down menu where you can select the other players in the squad or teams in the division. Without that button you have to scroll through every name to get to the one you want.

Ive only quickly looked over the skin, but it seems we can not see training/stat progression (the arrows next to the different attributes numbers) in the profile screen. Is it possible to add this, so we dont have to go to attributes screen? Or should we simply use the "Better than default panels" by ArtDekDok?

CHeers

Great job with the skin. I noticed a bug with the FMC version:

activate the classic mode skin

choose to start a new game in classic mode

the screen will now show the nation selection similar to the normal game mode instead of the nation selection of the classic mode and i can't see the check boxes for the nations.

@ deathspawn666: OK then, in which case switch to the classic FMC skin and set the game up, then once in-game switch to Vexillium FMC. I'll investigate, it should resort to using the base files if it cant find a panel in the vexillium fmc folder but it seems its not doing that, I might have to paste some more panels from the classic fmc skin to the vexillium widgets folder. Will make sure thats fixed for next release.

@ Rhazmuz: Sorry buddy, I didn't notice this. The player progression panel was edited by kun to include shirt backs but I never realised that the panel he edited didnt include the progression arrows. I will try and get this fixed for next release too but until then feel free to use ArtDekDok's panels. (I use them by default anyway)

@ Hunter: See my post above about the inbox panel issue, for some reason I can't replace it. As for the arrow, I never noticed it but will add it back in for you :)

@ Hunter: See my post above about the inbox panel issue, for some reason I can't replace it.

Sorry, somehow I missed that! It's a minor thing anyway.

What about this:

I just noticed another thing. The little arrow next to a player's or team's name has been removed. It brings up a drop-down menu where you can select the other players in the squad or teams in the division. Without that button you have to scroll through every name to get to the one you want.

Was that intentionally taken out?

@ deathspawn666: OK then, in which case switch to the classic FMC skin and set the game up, then once in-game switch to Vexillium FMC. I'll investigate, it should resort to using the base files if it cant find a panel in the vexillium fmc folder but it seems its not doing that, I might have to paste some more panels from the classic fmc skin to the vexillium widgets folder. Will make sure thats fixed for next release.

@ Rhazmuz: Sorry buddy, I didn't notice this. The player progression panel was edited by kun to include shirt backs but I never realised that the panel he edited didnt include the progression arrows. I will try and get this fixed for next release too but until then feel free to use ArtDekDok's panels. (I use them by default anyway)

@ Hunter: See my post above about the inbox panel issue, for some reason I can't replace it. As for the arrow, I never noticed it but will add it back in for you :)

Cheers bud! :)

SkinIssue.png

Would it not be better to have a white text colour? The grey bar at the top makes the black especially difficult to read. I can hardly see "Preview" and "Tactics" top right.

EDIT: Same problem on the next screen which is Opposition Instructions.

EDIT 2: Same with Player names on Widgets in-match.

EDIT 3: The Instructions button in-match is also dark grey with black text.

I think you must have downloaded the v1.0 hunter. This was fixed to white in v1.01. (It was a change I made to make the actionbar black instead of white so writing on it was easier to read but it backfired by making all text on match screens black. I never noticed it had caused it until after I released).

Redownload the skin making sure you delete the old version before extracting ;)

As for the dropdown menu in the team titlebar, it wasn't so much intentionally taken out, it was more of a case of not being included in the skin I used as a base (Nuu). I have already added it back in for v1.02 which I will release later on (once I've fixed the inbox panel issue and the attribute change arrows).

Great job with the skin. I noticed a bug with the FMC version:

activate the classic mode skin

choose to start a new game in classic mode

the screen will now show the nation selection similar to the normal game mode instead of the nation selection of the classic mode and i can't see the check boxes for the nations.

The style of Nation selection doesnt really matter, it still works the same way and causes no issues at all, I've just started a game fine with it, the only issue is the missing checkboxes, it appears there are no graphics for them but they are still clickable. Should be as simple as finding what graphics the FMC skin uses and then copying them into the graphics folder.

@john7gr: Does it not? I'll look into that one for you :)

@scotty206: You can replace the player overview panel.xml in the panels folder with one from another skin that does not scroll and it should look the same style.

Drakestone. Great skin, but I keep getting the ver 1 when I download from the link provided. According to the read me in the zip file anyway.

Thats just me being sloppy with remembering to change the version numbers in the settings and read-me. The download in the OP is definately v1.01 right now.

I am not blowing smoke when I say this is the best skin I have used in FM14 thanks its very good

Cheers buddy, glad you're enjoying the full release. Hopefully it will improve as I fix any bugs people find.

I can't see the players price with this skin (window mode)

This is due to the panel being used with this skin. Try replacing player overview panel.xml in the panels folder with one from another skin you find more suitable :)

Yes I guessed you was using the FMC version.

At current (due to the way FMC works) there is no continue buttons on the match screens, in order to go through each screen press the spacebar on your keyboard :) This of course will be sorted in a later version. I did mention it in the FMC skin thread before I got it closed, forgot to mention that here.

I also forgot to mention, if the overlay is too strong on the background for people, you can do the following to lessen it.

Open up your vexillium/graphics folder and then goto /boxes and find the folder called overlay. Inside there will be 4 folders; 20, 40, 60 and 80. These are transparency percentages. Choose the percentage you want and copy all images inside the corresponding folder. Then, go back to your vexillium/graphics folder and find the folder called bgoverlay. Paste the images you copied into this folder overwriting any images it asks you to. Then, in FM preferences, goto Interface and delete your skin cache then reload the skin. Everything should be darker/brighter.

Word of warning, I find text very hard to read when using 20% transparency so I'd recommend anything 40 or above.

oh ok mate if it just pressing space bar thats fine by me

its a great skin btw

Its a workaround but it's the way I normally play anyway (i use the mouse as little as possible). Like I said I will get round to fixing that shortly hopefully.

Working dropdown menus (on all screens now)

5uli.png

v1.02 is progressing well and I've also fixed the checkboxes on the nation select screen for FMC. Things I still have to do before release are...

1. See if I can fix the continue/menubar issue during games in FMC (this is still functional by skipping screen with the spacebar to continue instead.)

2. See if I can get Greek language support to work

3. See if I can fix that image on the News Screen and change the icons to white not grey so they stand out more

4. Edit the Player Overview Panel a bit more so the attributes arrows come up as well as making the tables smaller to fit smaller resolutions.

5. Tidy up the progress panel a bit so yesterday boxes are a bit darker (writing is a bit too hard to read there still)

6. Add more panels from original FMC skin for compatibility reasons.

I'm not going to be about much to do it this weekend but shall get back to work on it on Sunday night. Hopefully I'll put an update out around Tuesday.

This is due to the panel being used with this skin. Try replacing player overview panel.xml in the panels folder with one from another skin you find more suitable :)

didnt work, the result : peoANTv.png

P.S: if you could fix this would be great, best skin i've ever used!

Try going into Preferences>Interface and clearing the skin cache, then, load a skin OTHER than Vexillium, once done, load Vexillium again, that should work :) If not, let me know and I might have another fix for it

The other method involves replacing the player overview panel (while keeping your current one as backup) and reloading the skin making sure that the cache is cleared and caching is turned off. Once reloaded you then need to replace it with your backup and clear the cache and reload again.

Have a look in ArtDekDok's thread for Better Than Default panel. There's more information on the subject there

And yes, I took that out accidentally, I will put the days to next match thing back in :)

Newest screenshots:

ri41.pngajbe.pngj607.png

l0xf.pngi5dg.png71y1.png

18az.pngn2q4.png42k8.png

9ecu.pngqq2k.png79ix.png0vge.png0pvh.png81pu.png

Finally fixed the transparency issue on the inbox panel (The bit that says inbox on it with the filter buttons) and got the dropdowns all nicely aligned on all screens.

Still investigating why it doesn't display in Greek and any other bugs I haven't mentioned (or found yet)

Ah ok then, I can do that yes, or, if you find a font you prefer that works, just copy it to your vexillium/fonts folder then delete the font HelveticaNeueOTS and rename your font to HelveticaNeueOTS and it'll work :)

Yes, open up your vexillium/panels folder and open titlebar.xml in notepad

Find this bit of code:

<!-- title area -->

<widget class="text" id="sect" alignment="left" size="22" font="fonts/title" style="light_bold, glowing" multiline="false" auto_size="all">

and change it to this:

<!-- title area -->

<widget class="text" id="sect" alignment="left" size="22" font="fonts/HelveticaNeueOTS" style="light_bold, glowing" multiline="false" auto_size="all">

You may also need to open match titlebar.xml and team titlebar.xml and do the same.

I will include this as default in the next version. Just atrributes arrows, processing panel changes and a few graphics changes still to do now.

EDIT: Or even better, to save having to change code just delete the title font from the font folder, then make a copy of your font (HelveticaNeueOTS) and rename the copy to title.

Archived