What challenge should I choose?

Hi, currently my FM 2013 isn't working (bosted on the bugs forum so fingures crossed it gets sorted!) at the moment, but before it gets up and running again, I want to decide what challenge I should do. I'm torn between 3:

1) 'knocking Bayern off their perch.' Taking control of 1860 Munich, only signing players from Munich/Bavaria. First step would be promotion, then league domination, then see how far I can go in Europe.

2) Being a minor team in a big city (think Union Berlin, Atletico Roma, Sant Andreu - from Barcelona) and try and lead them to local and european glory

3) Being a team from a minor country (the Andorra/San Marino challenge) and seeing how far I can take them.

What would be the pros and cons to each one? Which clubs would you recommend? I would prefer central/southern European teams (played the English leagues to death, ditto the Austrian league but wouldn't be against giving a team in Austria another crack).

I think 1 would be very hard - what would do with youth prospects through your own system who were not from Bavaria?

2 sounds the easiest game of the three, but I've seen lots of people do well with 3.

@Lenzar - I would also use non Bavarians from my youth set up. What I meant was I wouldn't sign anyone from outside Bavaria, I must've phrased it badly! I was thinking the first

@forameuss - Are the Gibraltar league playable on FM 2013?

@Lenzar - I would also use non Bavarians from my youth set up. What I meant was I wouldn't sign anyone from outside Bavaria, I must've phrased it badly! I was thinking the first

@forameuss - Are the Gibraltar league playable on FM 2013?

Ah, FM13...sorry, I missed that part. They could be, but not sure if the clubs are even in the database. I was meaning the official update that SI put out for FM14. Trust me, you're probably better off avoiding it anyway :p

Archived