I have a youth player who won't accept tutoring.

Hi, people.

I had a look to see had this been posted before but I couldn't find it, so I apologise if it has already been discussed.

Anyway, on to the problem. I recently got my youth intake and I have a 15-year-old striker who has 5* potential.

His personality is listed as 'Balanced', so it's not like he is unambitious and not keen. I have a player who is 'Professional' and when I asked my 15-y-o to learn from him, he stated he has no desire to work closely with him (this was the same response for both learning PPM's and gaining a mental aspect into the game).

I then tried to pair him up with my striker who would help benefit him and yet he still refused.

Is there any chance he will ever agree to being tutored?

EDIT: I decided to try again and when I told him he should give it a go, he finally agreed. I guess it might just be down to luck.

I've had this a couple of times on a save, tried to get De Rossi to tutor Paul Pogba which was rejected twice but on the third occasion he agreed and it went well. Also had an issue getting Januzaj tutored but a similar thing happened. I think persistence is the key with tutoring.

I've had the same issue trying to tutor Callum Chambers and Conner Hunte. I've tried multiple times for the past 2 years and they still wont accept tutoring. I find that players with poor hidden attributes usually have a hard time accepting tutoring from the high prof/amb/det players I bring in. If they are really worth it (4.5-5 star potential) maybe should consider bringing in a lesser tutor with slight improvement in personality or majority the same except with higher professionalism to get the apprentice's personality moving in the right direction followed by tutoring by your best personality tutors.

Archived