Dorchester 4312 goals galore lower league Tactic- making game easy

(Already posted this in the tactics and training thread and didn't see this sharing part of the site sorry.)

Hi Please see attached file for my Dorchester team. I am in the first season and have the lowest budget and prediction is 22nd in the league. I thought this would be a good challenge. I think I have stumbled upon a very very effective lower league tactic its a 4-3-1-2 with the trequartista as Nick Crittenden who has an amazing 12 in 14 games.

raw

raw

raw

raw

http://www.sendspace.com/file/l8aury

training depends on where I see the players going wrong for example I have def set pieces for match training now as we had a mini spell of conceding from corners. Started the season with def training and have now changed to attacking as the focus as I'm comfortable team are solid enough (from open play anyway). I have a few individuals on training as per their role such as the wing backs and the trequartista Crittenden. Opposition instructions I usually tight mark the two central mids and the strikers if 442. If 433 I tight mark the wingers and the lone striker. I don't set any closing down as the team hassell all over the pitch anyway.

If I'm at home against a lower team I may put it to attacking and if the game is getting slow and I need a goal i'll push higher up pitch and take off retain possession. Not sure what you mean by player filters? If you mean certain players for positions then a creative rating for the AMC of 10 at least or more. I have a guy called Stevens upfront with 14 finishing from Thamesmead town look for this guy if you want a good non contract striker. both the strikers are advanced strikers who pull to the wings so good movement or around 8 and above for off the ball (more important) and anticipation. Wing backs need pace positioning and crossing all at least 8 or above and a good tough tackling high teamwork player for the Ball winning midfielder in the centre. The midfield three all should have a decent teamwork and workrate if possible.

I do like this formation, takes mty back to early fm 07 games, where Warhurst and Shearer were deadly, and Cantona in the gap.. oh my.

I have a version of this by Snedz that is quite effective, might combine the two, and it great forward but not so much at the back, and this looks a little tighter

retain possession is very effective as you can outnumber the opposition by allowing the wingbacks enough time to get forward, also the wingbacks can be in a position to nullify any counter attacking wing threat as they are usually close enough to the wingers to slow things down.

I am also playing as Dorchester and have been using a combination of tactics based upon game circumstances. Currently in 5th after 22 games but have a 3 games in hand over the rest of the teams (waterlogged pitch seemingly every week). I haven't yet tried a wingerless tactic but the lack of good wingers might make this a good option. Did you retrain Crittenden? In my game I have him as a defensive winger. My biggest issue with the squad is the lack of decent defenders which creates problems in an attack oriented tactic.

May give this a go and see how it plays out for the balance of the season.

I am also playing as Dorchester and have been using a combination of tactics based upon game circumstances. Currently in 5th after 22 games but have a 3 games in hand over the rest of the teams (waterlogged pitch seemingly every week). I haven't yet tried a wingerless tactic but the lack of good wingers might make this a good option. Did you retrain Crittenden? In my game I have him as a defensive winger. My biggest issue with the squad is the lack of decent defenders which creates problems in an attack oriented tactic.

May give this a go and see how it plays out for the balance of the season.

Jermyn is a beast at the back and case can do a job, not sure how far you are by now I signed Connor Hayes aswel seems to do a job but the other defenders are horrific 2's and 3's for key attributes. Yeah I retrained Crittenden and set his individual training as amc and Trequartista. I pretty much looked at the wingers and came to the same conclusion as you and there isn't any good non contract wingers available it seems as you pretty much have no budget at all with Dorchester. Very interested to see how this goes for you.

Yeah, sorry, I wasn't trying to say that it wasn't effective - just that I hadn't tried it.

thats cool , just giving you a little run down of how it seems to work in relation to this tactic so you can work out what type of wing backs you might need, in lower leagues just seems to be pacey, work rate and stamina so you dont get dominated down the flanks

Actually won the Skrill S championship by 5 points over Ebbsfleet. Used a combination of tactics but none were 100% fluid by the end of the season. No coaches, part-time status really hinders any development in the current playing staff. May have to go the loan route in the Skrill Premiership or look for another job.

I only started playing Jermyn as a cd late into the season and he was clearly the best of the bunch. Don't know if he can hack it at the next level but may have no choice than to keep him. How did you fare in your game?

Graymane, what size is the pitch, I've put on your tactic mid season with Guisley but I have the biggest pitch, I haven't done great, it has to be said. started with a 3-2 win when I had 1 game before the sack, then, granted down to 10 after 10 mins but against a non league Cambridge C, removed the AMC, lost 4-3, 2 late goals, then drew 2-2 with Worcester. these were all away to be fair, but now I'm losing 2-1 at home to relegation threatened Barrow.

Graymane, what size is the pitch, I've put on your tactic mid season with Guisley but I have the biggest pitch, I haven't done great, it has to be said. started with a 3-2 win when I had 1 game before the sack, then, granted down to 10 after 10 mins but against a non league Cambridge C, removed the AMC, lost 4-3, 2 late goals, then drew 2-2 with Worcester. these were all away to be fair, but now I'm losing 2-1 at home to relegation threatened Barrow.

Normal pitch or long and narrow. If i'm losing especially at home switch to attacking and fluid and even higher line if its against one of the more poor teams you should be beating. It is important that your wing backs have a good work rate and decent positioning. The game can get a bit frustrating in the lower leagues sometimes when your on a bad run everything seems to go wrong, og's fluke goals and the like...I think morale plays a big part. If you have wing backs with good crossing they can cross from deep. dont worry too much about your strikers having the best finishing its all about off the ball and anticipation I'm finding for the front two to be a handful. Try changing training to Defending and def set pieces then change to attacking or team cohesion when you become more solid. I usually find I rarely go a game without scoring.

Still in first season. Im up there at around 3rd. Had a few injuries , Gleeson and Crittenden both having a stint out who are focal to the formation. Thats really good for you to win the league first season as I think Dorchester start with by far the worst team in the league. Only been able to sign non contract players as the budget is the lowest as well is a challenge I enjoy. Like you say no development from players , I'm going to try jump ship asap as I have started this game to see if I can work my reputation up to the prem at some point. I find leaving a job is a risk in this game though as it can sometimes take ages to get a job and while your employed no one seems to want to pay compo even when your on a rolling contract which seems strange sometimes

Archived