Squad numbers post 14.3 patch

I need some help with two errors I have noticed on my game...

Having not altered anything with Luke Murphy of Leeds Utd and Jamie Paterson of Nottm Forest in the Editor, I have noticed that both have squad numbers that are incorrect. IRL Luke Murphy wears #6 but when loading a new game he is wearing #13, with Jamie Paterson wearing #32 and not #21 as he does IRL. Infact, add Michael Tonge to that list too who is wearing an alternative number when he should be #18 for Leeds!

Yes, it is very minor and alters nothing, but I am a stickler for realism and was wondering if I am the only person who this has happened to. I have deleted their squad numbers and inserted them again using the Editor but they revert back to #13 and #32!

Please help!

Thanks in advance guys!

Researchers can add squad numbers, what happens sometimes is a player joins the club, and you have no idea of the squad number, so you don't edit it or remove it and it clashes with an existing squad player and the game will change one.

I would guess that either those players have moved clubs or that the club has signed a player who previously held that squad number with an old club. It'll be a case of checking the whooe squad (particularly) new signings.

• SI Staff

This is a bug that we are aware of.

The squad numbers are set properly in the database but have not been extracted properly in some instances.

Having been an FM and CM veteran, I am aware that when a player is transferred sometimes the numbers clash so another number is given and that is what I thought in the first instance but thought it was odd as Luke Murphy etc were signed before the season and have had the numbers since the start. I took over Leeds to and signed a free player to check #6 was free and it was, yet Murphy was #13...

Thanks for the replies - is this bug being fixed so you know?

Archived