Your best debut?

I shall set the scene...

I have been manager of Marseille for 10 years, had league success a number of times, won the national trophies but never anything in Europe. We have just won a back to back title again, the third time in my time at the helm. Yet there is still hunger in the belly to make it 3 times in a row, to win the champions league, to better our selves. So I spend big, 61 million(Rising to 81 with clauses) for an Argentine striker who had been ripping up La Liga at Granada.

We go into his debut, naturally he starts up top. 3 mins in 1-0 then it flows. His hat trick is there by 16th min, and by half time he had scored 6 and we were 8 up. He was subbed in the 60th as the job was done, his first match was a dream, and he has been so far, helping us to average 2.8 goals a game up until start of December.

Just wonder has anyone else seen a debut that good.

Why on Earth would you have taken him off? If any of my players get to a ridiculous number of goals in a game they stay on to make it ridiculous-er.

In response to the question, I've never seen a really sparkling debut match display but had a debut season that saw 42 goals in 40 games (all competitions) for my 16 year-old regen. Just to highlight how few amazing debuts I see, he had actually failed to score in his first game.

That's crazy - fair play. Can't say I've seen a debut that impressive..

I'm quite content when a young player holds his own on his debut. Last night I started a 17 year old in defensive mid in a cup game, he bagged a well taken goal and got PoM - little things like that fill me with pride! I was also pleased that after the game he had 3 loan offers waiting for him. Must've caught the eye.

..it doesn't quite compare to a double hattrick within an hour, but still.

Threw on a 16-year-old regen striker who can run really quickly and do little else as a 30-minute sub in a FA Cup final match against Liverpool just for the hell of it. He's never even made my squad before, but decides he has an irrational hatred of everything Liverpool and proceeded to tear them to shreds, scoring 2 and running circles around Agger. He hasn't looked back since that explosive debut, and his record against Liverpool is astonishing, he played against them 8 times and hit 12 goals. That glorious little man from FM11, I could use him every now and then these days

Archived